What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher
Many have particular reasons for wanting to research ancestry mine was I hoped to resolve the mystery of who my fathers father was this being a complete unknown to me my father would never speak of it his mother was unmarried when he was born and 1916 that was frowned on also there is no one left to ask so I had hoped to find the answer by researching ancestry and through DNA matches of which I got over 15000 matches but not really any closer to solving the mystery but I still shall persist as long as I can.
I did the DNA as well because on a completely different secret, I am my family's secret. And my (evil) stepmother had kept being nasty to me over the years asking me over and over "What's the family secret? You must know."
I didn't.
But when my Aunt died some years back, my cousin, at her funeral grabbed my hand, and said, "This is your place to follow her coffin. She's your mother too."
I didn't know. And he told me he was my brother and he had dressed her in a jumper I had knitted for her, and placed my cat paintings (which she loved) in her coffin...
The DNA showed her husband, my uncle, was in all probability my father. He was Scottish, and I have a lot of Scots (is that how to say it?) in my DNA

And the evil stepmother is dead now...

I have belonged to several ancestry sites in the past, to find answers for my things. And belonging to several sites, has helped me. Horrendously expensive but I wanted answers. I only belong to Ancestry now.

I really hope you can still find who your father's father was @JohnEGreen

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is quite funny in one way and a sad indictment of our politicians in another. As for young people, our five year old granddaughter is involved in this - she has beautiful long hair and loves dressing up as a princess. She wants to help others less blessed. She has almost raised £500 as of today. Something different to the usual giving up whatever for Lent.

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
This is quite funny in one way and a sad indictment of our politicians in another. As for young people, our five year old granddaughter is involved in this - she has beautiful long hair and loves dressing up as a princess. She wants to help others less blessed. She has almost raised £500 as of today. Something different to the usual giving up whatever for Lent.
Well done your granddaughter. She's young to have a public conscience so good for her!

It's 0200 and I've been to bed but couldn't sleep so I got up again half an hour ago Would have made some hot milk, but my BG is on the high side, so better not. Just needing to tire myself out a bit so that I will sleep. Difficult breathing isn't helping - that's because of this irritating cold I suppose but my sat level is down to 94%, which is a bit uncomfortable.

I was telling Em today about her Viking ancestors (which appear to come from both sides of my family - not all that uncommon in the east of England) and she told me that she knew it already - her mother's family have Viking ancestors. They're from the east of Scotland. Probably some on Tom's side as well - some of them came from Fife and were seamen for generations (including the father of Alexander Selkirk whose brother married one of Tom's ancestor's). These Vikings get everywhere. :confused:

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a dull buy quiet start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.4 this am. Which is nice considering the dinner we had out yesterday evening. It wasn’t for Valentine’s day - we are already married - what is it with married folk sending their spouse a Valentine’s Day card - very odd. Twice into town yesterday, one for a morning walk and then for dinner. 14,000 steps plus and they are only the good steps. Internet out in the area all day yesterday - it was just like being in the 70’s. Whitby was mentioned last night for a wee trip with The Girl In The Bubble - car, bus or train - I love a mystery. Art bit - finished. Hope you all have a good day, I need to make koffy and get the bin out.

1707981436047.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a dull buy quiet start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.4 this am. Which is nice considering the dinner we had out yesterday evening. It wasn’t for Valentine’s day - we are already married - what is it with married folk sending their spouse a Valentine’s Day card - very odd. Twice into town yesterday, one for a morning walk and then for dinner. 14,000 steps plus and they are only the good steps. Internet out in the area all day yesterday - it was just like being in the 70’s. Whitby was mentioned last night for a wee trip with The Girl In The Bubble - car, bus or train - I love a mystery. Art bit - finished. Hope you all have a good day, I need to make koffy and get the bin out.

View attachment 66198
Love this. It is amazing @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Wildlife nighttime video
A very busy badger.
56secs

Creative...
A kaleidoscope of the postcard I had received of the boy sitting by the book doorway. The second kaleidoscope makes the boy look like a wine glass, or a rose in a vase...
That's my offering for today.

Ready for a nap.

Researched solidly for hours, nothing new now to currently to find on this.
So I will l put it somewhere easily accessed for those who need it...
It is all very sad.

Anyway, nap now and a cuppa, and happy things for today.
A scented steam eye mask awaits me.
I have 27 post cards to register for Postcrossing that arrived the last 3 days.
And 5 snail mail envelopes that also arrived full of postcards from my penfriends to reply to....
The postie has delivered no mail to me for over 2 weeks, I am sure he saves them up until it is worth coming out to deliver letters and postcards...
And my email box is full...
Absolutely horrendous rain here.
Had to go out to get the recycle out.
Soaked.
Now under electric blanket and shawl...
I am not emerging again today, except if I see a lull in the rain, I will get my recycle bags back in. Otherwise they can go hang (someone will give them a home...a spare one is always welcomed), and I will have to order some new ones...I am not getting soaked again today, it takes me ages to warm up properly when I go out in this cold driving rain (even though I have a coat on...)...
Staying in warm comfort.
The living fur blanket is keeping me warm and cosy too...

Have your best day...

IMG_5877.jpeg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from L.A. where we are promised 17C and some light rain showers to cool us off. Bloods from yesterday tell me my (f) bg was 4.9 by 11 am ish after tea with almond milk. They snuck in an A1c which came in at a disappointing 39 but there are a few contributory factors including Christmas, some impending stressors next week, off Piste days/trials and family tummy bugs so meh.My plan may still be working better than some though my A1c is also in a shallow recession but intentionally. @dunelm thanks for sharing the art and if you go do enjoy Whitby. Besides watching cricket I've had a video call with two excited girls off to Peppa Pig world for a third birthday. Drip Trip today made easier as the easiest route is now open after the water main has been repaired - allegedly. Enjoy your own Fab Fursday.

Last edited:

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there Folks
Been away celebrating the Treble. Back to earth now. Dry January.
BG 7.5 mmo/lt yesterday at 12.00 (My FBG is unreliable, morning syndrome or something)
Annual DT2 tests next week so low carbs and no booze for a while longer.
Boat sold. Looking forward to a great gardening season.
Good to see some familiar names on the recent forum posts.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Fbg 6.1

Nighttime wildlife video
Badger pulls swing cloths - Cat Jade jumps on swing - Foxy Loxy visits
1min 7secs

Creative...pen and waterbrush on postcard.
I took a photo. And then a few hours later, I did a bit of white biro pen work on it. I took a photo. And there wasn't an awful lot of difference, but I liked the one with the white biro work on. I need to find a fine white Posca pen....that might make more of a difference with the white...

A cuppa needed now.

But I could do with a meditation and a nap before I start my day....

Have your best kind of day....

View attachment 66038
Love this sketch. Just like so many of the lanes locally

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
@ianpspurs great song that speaks to the spirit thanks for the link.

I had to go to Kingsmill hospital for monthly blood test got there at 9 AM and the blood clinic was packed out were about 20 people ahead of me then a lady gave me her number ticket which was the next number to be called what a generous thing to do.
A similar thing happened to me @JohnEGreen when I took mum for a blood test when she was in the earlier stages of Alzheimer's. The waiting room was full and mum was showing signs of anxiety. A lady came over and gave us her number so we could go in earlier. There are still kind and empathetic people in this world. :)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good national bin day Morening Ladies and Gentleman and those who so far have managed to escape the clutches of the grim reaper, “”always look on the bright side of life”” to quote the line from a Goon Show song.

Blood sugars this morning were a perplexing 6.5, if me, me’s and myself are going to be in the 6’s I would prefer the numbers to be of prime type if you drop the decimal point ie 61 or 67.

@ianpspurs hope the drip trip is without incident and @gennepher hope you warm up soon.

Shock horror the sun is shining here in Tilehurst Towers which will mean anothe coat of preservative on Tuesday’s shed repair component, then if I a lucky boy I might have lunch with some friends, this is of course subject to Mrs J’s approval.

It’s only 9:35am and my 10:30am constant cup of tea is already confined to history.

Make of that what you will and stay safe all.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all from L.A. where we are promised 17C and some light rain showers to cool us off. Bloods from yesterday tell me my (f) bg was 4.9 by 11 am ish after tea with almond milk. They snuck in and A1c which came in at a disappointing 39 but there are a few contributory factors including Christmas, some impending stressors next week, off Piste days/trials and family tummy bugs so meh.My plan may still be working better than some though my A1c is also in a shallow recession but intentionally. @dunelm thanks for sharing the art and if you go do enjoy Whitby. Besides watching cricket I've had a video call with two excited girls off to Peppa Pig world for a third birthday. Drip Trip today made easier as the easiest route is now open after the water main has been repaired - allegedly. Enjoy your own Fab Fursday.
Hope drip trip goes well @ianpspurs
Best pop that rubber duck inflatable ring in the car in case the water main hasn't been repaired...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good national bin day Morening Ladies and Gentleman and those who so far have managed to escape the clutches of the grim reaper, “”always look on the bright side of life”” to quote the line from a Goon Show song.

Blood sugars this morning were a perplexing 6.5, if me, me’s and myself are going to be in the 6’s I would prefer the numbers to be of prime type if you drop the decimal point ie 61 or 67.

@ianpspurs hope the drip trip is without incident and @gennepher hope you warm up soon.

Shock horror the sun is shining here in Tilehurst Towers which will mean anothe coat of preservative on Tuesday’s shed repair component, then if I a lucky boy I might have lunch with some friends, this is of course subject to Mrs J’s approval.

It’s only 9:35am and my 10:30am constant cup of tea is already confined to history.

Make of that what you will and stay safe all.
Thanks Alf...still hugging the live fur blanket, and the leccy blanket, and the heated jacket is warming my kidneys...

I sense a lull in the rain here...dare I try to go out and grab the recycle bags...

Hope the preservative application goes well on the shed @alf_Josiah

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Wildlife nighttime video
A very busy badger.
56secs

Creative...
A kaleidoscope of the postcard I had received of the boy sitting by the book doorway. The second kaleidoscope makes the boy look like a wine glass, or a rose in a vase...
That's my offering for today.

Ready for a nap.

Researched solidly for hours, nothing new now to currently to find on this.
So I will l put it somewhere easily accessed for those who need it...
It is all very sad.

Anyway, nap now and a cuppa, and happy things for today.
A scented steam eye mask awaits me.
I have 27 post cards to register for Postcrossing that arrived the last 3 days.
And 5 snail mail envelopes that also arrived full of postcards from my penfriends to reply to....
The postie has delivered no mail to me for over 2 weeks, I am sure he saves them up until it is worth coming out to deliver letters and postcards...
And my email box is full...
Absolutely horrendous rain here.
Had to go out to get the recycle out.
Soaked.
Now under electric blanket and shawl...
I am not emerging again today, except if I see a lull in the rain, I will get my recycle bags back in. Otherwise they can go hang (someone will give them a home...a spare one is always welcomed), and I will have to order some new ones...I am not getting soaked again today, it takes me ages to warm up properly when I go out in this cold driving rain (even though I have a coat on...)...
Staying in warm comfort.
The living fur blanket is keeping me warm and cosy too...

Have your best day...

View attachment 66200
Thank you for sharing both kaleidoscpoes - very cheerful. i hope you warm up