What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
That is really intriguing @SlimLizzy.
Yes. Whoever it is called him her Brother-in-law. Very strange.
Also strange: my youngest brother contacted me yesterday. We have not fallen out but never been close. For the last few years contact has been birthday greetings and accidental meetings at my mothers house.
Yesterday he asked to visit!!!! We have two weeks to tidy up. He has never been here so it feels absolutely essential to get it looking nice after the neglect of the winter.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning everyone on a day alternating twixt sunshine and showers. Did we go straight to April? @gennepher I hope you slept well and today is as dull as can be - no need for the Silent Witness team although they usually need a body. @dunelm thanks for sharing the photo and art. So much in that post a sort of instant lifestyle description. Just add a little thought about what all that involves and embodies - multum in parvo: sounds like somewhere the Chipping Norton set would live. Half term here so childcare and care home combined along with two very, very up close and personal procedures. Modern science is wonderful and so simple to follow.. Here's a weeks worth of poems for anyone feeling like accompanying me on my pilgrimage. Enjoy as much as possible of your Monday.
Edit: At the moment the links to the poems seem to be in transit.
I slept well thank you Ian...
Oh, today is as dull as dishwater...Apart from a little seed someone planted in my brain earlier today...and it is germinating fast....

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
12.9 at 0230 today. Down to 8.7 by 0530. Didn't eat until about noon (1st bolus of the day) and now down to 7.8.

Today should have been a shopping day but Neil has developed a really bad cold and is feeling grotty, so no shopping. Alistair will get the essentials for me, so no problem with that. He tells me that DIL had a fit of some kind yesterday. Possibly epilepsy. They used to be induced by stress (she was under huge stress in her previous marriage). She used to have them frequently but hasn't had one for a long time. They have always happened while she slept - never when she was awake and alert. It must be because she has been doing too much and was extra tired.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good afternoon all. Mum's funeral will be on March 6th. I have been busy making arrangements. Mum used to enjoy concerts by male voice choirs, especially Welsh ones so we have chosen an uplifting hymn to be played as we leave the service but I would sincerely appreciate your suggestions for music of a more serene nature to accompany mum's coffin into the service. Best wishes for the week ahead. :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
HereGood afternoon all. Mum's funeral will be on March 6th. I have been busy making arrangements. Mum used to enjoy concerts by male voice choirs, especially Welsh ones so we have chosen an uplifting hymn to be played as we leave the service but I would sincerely appreciate your suggestions for music of a more serene nature to accompany mum's coffin into the service. Best wishes for the week ahead. :)
@dogslife . As your mum liked Welsh male voice choirs perhaps something like Myfanwy - words and translation Here.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon all. Mum's funeral will be on March 6th. I have been busy making arrangements. Mum used to enjoy concerts by male voice choirs, especially Welsh ones so we have chosen an uplifting hymn to be played as we leave the service but I would sincerely appreciate your suggestions for music of a more serene nature to accompany mum's coffin into the service. Best wishes for the week ahead. :)
Not original but these are what Classic fm offer as suggestions.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
For @dogslife and fellow greaser ( motorcyclist ) @dunelm I just had to follow those links and ended up playing a selection of Welsh male voice choirs and really enjoying them, but with tears streaming down my face, Welsh choirs and music in general is very emotive.
I personally now need a balance perhaps I shall play Crazy Train by Ozzie Osborn or something by the “ Boyce “ as I call Max Boyce a Welsh comedian and singer.
Now back to YouTube.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Oh well I’ve gone and done it now what with having bloods taken last week the the total mess up on Sunday and more bloods taken then I totally forgot I was supposed to have bloods taken yesterday for diabetic review numbskull.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Diabetic screening tomorrow, so pleased to have FBG at 6.5 mmol at 0700 today. I've had a long run at this, since Jan. 1st, so hope my HbA1C will be down. Still plenty of scope to reduce weight and exercise more. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Have a good day everyone.

Oh yes, just waiting for the happy sound of bin lorries. We have had disrupted collections due to antisocial parked cars blocking access. I really want to hear those big diesels, air brakes and bin clanking noises. Bring it on!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh well I’ve gone and done it now what with having bloods taken last week the the total mess up on Sunday and more bloods taken then I totally forgot I was supposed to have bloods taken yesterday for diabetic review numbskull.
@JohnEGreen You got any blood left to give?

No wonder you forgot...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a wonderfully quiet start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.4 on the radar sweep this am and only the sound of birds chirping to break the stillness. I received a pebble in the post yestrerday. I came from the bottom of the world. Well, near the bottom. From space it may all looks the same - a large disc carried by elephants on a giant turtles back as it hurtles towards goodness knows where. Well, so I have been told. Here is Something that may be of some interest. Art bit - some more lines on the paper. Hope your day moves forwards rather than backwards. All the best to @lindisfel and @Lamont D if you are looking in. I simply must have koffy dahlings.

Attachments

• IMG_5489.jpeg
    IMG_5489.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5478.jpeg
    IMG_5478.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 31

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very Interesting link @dunelm.

Wasn't aware how complicated this was for the ladies & the explanation of the breathing made good sense to me.

2 years of extreme, rolling down onto bearable, so I knew pain was a major contributor but hasn't thought to link it to stress (schoolboy error)

Everydays a school day :cool:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a wonderfully quiet start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.4 on the radar sweep this am and only the sound of birds chirping to break the stillness. I received a pebble in the post yestrerday. I came from the bottom of the world. Well, near the bottom. From space it may all looks the same - a large disc carried by elephants on a giant turtles back as it hurtles towards goodness knows where. Well, so I have been told. Here is Something that may be of some interest. Art bit - some more lines on the paper. Hope your day moves forwards rather than backwards. All the best to @lindisfel and @Lamont D if you are looking in. I simply must have koffy dahlings.
Love the penguin and pebble, and the sketch @dunelm
Looks like you got a scarf with it. Hope it keeps you warm and comfortable....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very Interesting link @dunelm.

Wasn't aware how complicated this was for the ladies & the explanation of the breathing made good sense to me.

2 years of extreme, rolling down onto bearable, so I knew pain was a major contributor but hasn't thought to link it to stress (schoolboy error)

Everydays a school day :cool:
So many things interconnectable @jjraak
We can only hope to address what we can, and the good/better stuff hopefully follows.
You have been on a heck of a rollercoaster, and probably still are on some of it...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Love the penguin and pebble, and the sketch @dunelm
Looks like you got a scarf with it. Hope it keeps you warm and comfortable....
Thank you @gennepher. The package came from a group who knit and crochet scarves for Falklands Veterans. It was started by a woman who was born and brought up in Port Stanley. I have had my scarf for a few years now - very cosy and warm.