What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, if anyone feels they don’t fit into those categories and feels left and right out, good morning to you also.

Blood sugars this morning were firstly 3.1 and 30 seconds afterwards 5.1, you choose.

Here in Tilehurst Towers decorating is continuing and the smell of fresh paint is wonderful if you like that sort of thing, some prefer whips and handcuffs me, me’s and myself are informed, my preference is the smell ov bacon sarnies. Each to their own.

Now it is time to don knee pads and fit electrical conduit, stay safe and smile life is wonderful.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
5.8 this morning. The sun is is actually warm this morning and the icy breeze has died down. A lovely start to my Easter vacation.

Just debating whether to have a second coffee before handwashing a rucksack.
Be brave, go for that second koffy hehehe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning fellow members of this little community. For me and many others this is Holy Week but we were created to have and exercise free will to reject Him so if that option is good enough for God it is good enough for us. On that theme @dunelm thanks for sharing your art which seems to me a perfect piece to go with Lamentations 1 to 12a so many thanks. @alf_Josiah I hope the decorating goes well. @Krystyna23040 enjoy the vacation. @Annb I hope the podiatrist visit goes smoothly. @gennepher thanks for sharing another playful creative. Everyone else enjoy Monday - don't think the solicitor JKP is currently excoriating can be enjoying their day just now.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning fellow members of this little community. For me and many others this is Holy Week but we were created to have and exercise free will to reject Him so if that option is good enough for God it is good enough for us. On that theme @dunelm thanks for sharing your art which seems to me a perfect piece to go with Lamentations 1 to 12a so many thanks. @alf_Josiah I hope the decorating goes well. @Krystyna23040 enjoy the vacation. @Annb I hope the podiatrist visit goes smoothly. @gennepher thanks for sharing another playful creative. Everyone else enjoy Monday - don't think the solicitor JKP is currently excoriating can be enjoying their day just now.
Thanks Ian

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Ian, it was fine and my feet are much more comfortable now.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Different band - When I was in my last two years in school, in Forest Hill, I used to go to a place in Catford called The Witchdoctor Club with a load of Jamaican school kids. The place just played reggae and Ska. Here you go —
Brilliant tune! So catchy!
Just what the doctor ordered.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sunday 6.9
Monday 6.7
Tuesday who cares?

Cold and wet still around the peninsula. No spring.
Sick and tired of not getting in the garden.
Sick and tired of being stuck inside. Nowhere to go! Too cold to go anywhere even if we could.
Mobility isn't our strong point.

Only brightness is #8 who is a joy. (Still a ratbag)
#2 gone to Iceland. God knows why?
No, the country, Reykjavik not the supermarket.

Gotta go.

Kitchen duties to do.
Too cold for salad.

Bacon and egg sounds good.

My best wishes to you all as always!

Artwork is wonderful
Love minions.
Emulsion smells nice, gloss nooooooo!
Conduits are a nightmare papering.
Wish someone could cook for me.
**** the americanisation!

Farmers are demonstrating outside parliament because of Tory dogma of Brexit. Never thought I would ever write that!!!!!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Thanks and yes our GP is.
6.8 this a.m, pre everything, as usual on a Thursday.
Three phone calls to and from social services this morning. And it seems to have awakened the 'team '. Another phone call due tomorrow or early next week, to arrange home visit for another assessment, not only for Mrs L but for me as well.
The doctor has also put in process, falls team, occupational therapy, sleep team and a couple more that has slipped my mind. Oh yeah counselling for Mrs L, but she refused. Also to get her out more!

#8 called in and had me laughing into a good mood. His language skills are very proficient for his age. At thirty monthe, he is asking for things, making requests and talks about his things and toys. I have seen it in girls, but not a boy. Maybe because of his older sister and cousins could have done this.
He is still a ragtag tho!!

Fish going in oven for tea.

It's bloody chilly out there, windy with the odd showering through. Cold weekend upon us.
Have started planning to upgrade a part of my back garden, which will keep me busy, and hopefully work out as my front garden has, it will brighten up that area.

I do feel better after doctors, phone calls and counselling.

My best wishes to you all as always my friends!

Can't believe it's 43 years.
Distinctly remember fluffing my lines, which all hands noticed and give me gip all day!
Many congrats on your 43 years. So glad to read you will both be getting some more help.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It might have been @dunelm

I like young dandelion leaves, but those that have not been watered by the fox & badger. I lift very young dandelion plants and put them in hanging baskets now...I am developing a hanging basket type of vegetable garden which should be complete by next spring...
Do you also eat young groundsel and chickweed leaves?

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Brilliant. Very saarf of the river 1981 for me. (David) Roots Rodigan on Capital Radio Saturday evening. Best to claim I never heard of Black Uhuru and have no idea what Semsimiia is. Although I've never used the stuff impossible not to smell it just walking around never mind going in pubs, clubs and some school playgrounds.

Talking of earworms during my recent sojourn in hospital there was a youngish man who spoke in Jamaican Patois for much of the time and for some reason that triggered for me an earworm that has plagued me since it was this.

Asked Alexa to play traditional French songs. What did I get? The most mournful song ever. Danny Boy - in English!
Next morning that blasted song is ringing through my head

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Weather App promises drizzle all day.
Fingers crossed it doesn't.

Wildlife nighttime video
Fox & Badger & Cat
1 min 25 secs

Creative...similar subject as yesterday but in a different app, because I need to try out something for some writing I am doing...

A cuppa tea now, and a nap is needed because I was writing half the night...

Have your best kind of day...

IMG_6589.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
5.9 at 06:00 today. Woke up twice during the night but got iinto a more comfortable position and managed to doze off again and before I knew it, it was daylight streaming in through my window.

Still no word about delivery of the container and time is getting very short now. We seem to be dependent on the one firm that has the equipment to lift the container into position and they only have one Hiab so they can only do what they can do. The folk renting the container to us should have made sure it could be delivered before they agreed to rent it to us. Not sure whether they can charge us for rental when it wasn't delivered - I have been sent an invoice for rental starting on the 18th March! I shall have to have a word in their ear.

I think having so many antibiotics over the last weeks has somehow upset whatever internal balance my body had worked out for itself because so much has gone wrong since taking them - new pains, swollen gums, conditions already there but manageable worse than before, headaches; the list goes on. Not actually very much worse overall, just wondering what is going to go next. The slow deterioration is inevitable and I accept that, am more or less prepared to face it, but I don't really want to hasten it.

Last edited: