What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So sorry to read of the devastation and mysterious disappearance of a treasured gift from J. Very odd if the badger removed the dragon. On a brighter note the video and photo are both wonderful.
Thank you for the compliment on the video and the photo @ianpspurs
Just repaired the badger damage on the swing. Jade was watching me from the bushes. I cannot do that kind of sustained repair work any more, my back feels broken in two...back in bed now...plus pain killers...

I checked every inch of the front garden and the side passage again that the badgers and foxes gain entry by. There was a wooden gate there when I first came here, and I grew anything with thorns and prickles so people wouldn't be able to jump over that gate. Those thorns and prickles expanded over a wider area, both sides of the gate. But a tunnel has been chewed through the thorns and prickles by the badgers, and also a hole has been chewed through the gate so badgers and foxes can now get through.

The badgers have taken small garden ornaments before. They used to have a stash of small garden ornaments at the end of the garden a year ago. Those badgers are collectors. I used to leave my hand trowels and forks near to where I was last working, but they disappeared too. Then I found them in the small garden ornament stash. I need to use my phone on a selfie stick to sweep it under the undergrowth to see if I can find my dragon. But not today, I'll try again in the morning....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That must be some heavyweight badger and be able to walk on 2 legs while carrying something with his front legs, if ihe managed to carry away your precious dragon. Such a shame. Lovely dandelion photo.
I didn't think it was carried that way. I assumed it was hiis mouth, he has strong teeth, but i assumed it slid out of his mouth, unless he was dragging it along the ground.
There is no other beastie in the garden who could carry that. I am still looking. The missing dragon had a longer neck...it could have been dragged out.
They have moved larger ornaments before, but dragged them...
Thank you for the dandelion compliment @Annb

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I promised myself that I wouldn't moan about the weather.
So this is not a moan.
It's a complaint of it you like an observation.

If someone came up to me and I wasn't aware of climate change.
I would laugh in their face.
It is spring and the flowers the grass and the birds, bees and animals are all in agreement. That according to the Sun's position it is spring!
However, no one has told the jet stream.
And the cold is colder than coldest winter, that we had in December and January, never mind the usually coldest month february.
It has not got above ten degrees for all but an hour or so on one day regardless of what the weather forecasters say. I don't live in John o'Groats. It may snow in the highlands or up the mountains to be as cold as it's been in the peninsula the last couple of days. The highest is 6 degrees and the wind chill factor is much lower.
There has been a mist or a pall of dampness in the evening if it's not raining, but that is rare around here, the footie pitches are still unplayable at Easter?
Gotta be kidding me!
I still have not mowed my lawn and it is a criminal offence for a greenskeeper to have grass that is approaching four inches long. Aaagghhh!
And the week ahead shows no sign of a warming.
Rant over. Or if not, or an essay on the current weather patterns, homework assignment done.

I have considered the details of the disappearance of the stone dragon.
There is a coincidence that the Welsh footie team had a disastrous result last night.
And there is some fervent supporters out in the Welsh hills and valleys.
And I'm not discounting the hooligans or those pesky varmits. To do this irresponsible crime.
Was it a crime of passion?
Was it a crime against art?
Was it preconceived?
Was it opportunist?
Was it a hit?
Was it religious?
Was it an accident?
Or tomfoolery?

You are the judge and jury.
You decide.

I could be making a mountain out of a molehill?
Pesky varmits!

My best wishes to you all as always!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I promised myself that I wouldn't moan about the weather.
So this is not a moan.
It's a complaint of it you like an observation.

If someone came up to me and I wasn't aware of climate change.
I would laugh in their face.
It is spring and the flowers the grass and the birds, bees and animals are all in agreement. That according to the Sun's position it is spring!
However, no one has told the jet stream.
And the cold is colder than coldest winter, that we had in December and January, never mind the usually coldest month february.
It has not got above ten degrees for all but an hour or so on one day regardless of what the weather forecasters say. I don't live in John o'Groats. It may snow in the highlands or up the mountains to be as cold as it's been in the peninsula the last couple of days. The highest is 6 degrees and the wind chill factor is much lower.
There has been a mist or a pall of dampness in the evening if it's not raining, but that is rare around here, the footie pitches are still unplayable at Easter?
Gotta be kidding me!
I still have not mowed my lawn and it is a criminal offence for a greenskeeper to have grass that is approaching four inches long. Aaagghhh!
And the week ahead shows no sign of a warming.
Rant over. Or if not, or an essay on the current weather patterns, homework assignment done.

I have considered the details of the disappearance of the stone dragon.
There is a coincidence that the Welsh footie team had a disastrous result last night.
And there is some fervent supporters out in the Welsh hills and valleys.
And I'm not discounting the hooligans or those pesky varmits. To do this irresponsible crime.
Was it a crime of passion?
Was it a crime against art?
Was it preconceived?
Was it opportunist?
Was it a hit?
Was it religious?
Was it an accident?
Or tomfoolery?

You are the judge and jury.
You decide.

I could be making a mountain out of a molehill?
Pesky varmits!

My best wishes to you all as always!
You forgot @Lamont D
Was it the fairies at the bottom of the garden?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Got a letter from the Cadent group today.
They are going to have roadworks directly outside in our road, to replace the gas pipes. And of course the gas is going off during that period.

Why are they doing this, when it is more likely gas will be phased out in the not too distant future?
Or is it a bit of a con to get us all on the new meters, thus be horror stories attached to them, including that they don't work.
Or is it my anxiety again?

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Really good day. Did lots of admin and lots of sorting out of drawers - only a bit more sorting to do tomorrow.

Nespresso coffee arrived today as did my driving licence.

So it definitely was a really good day.

Just got my California driving license too. Getting over 70 was not easy. I have been driving for over 35 years. I still have to take a driving knowledge test. Have to study the California Driver’s Handbook. Now I am good for another 5 years.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got my California driving license too. Getting over 70 was not easy. I have been driving for over 35 years. I still have to take a driving knowledge test. Have to study the California Driver’s Handbook. Now I am good for another 5 years.
We have to re apply every 3 years once we reach 70 @Omar51
I wish it lasted 5 years, 3 years comes around too soon!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on a soggy Maunday Thursday in Little America. I'm just hydrating before a drip trip into Addenbrookes Cambridge (3rd best in UK, allegedly) which is part of the sprawling Cambridge biomedical campus. The campus is Europe's largest, more like a large town, and growing. The next two month's appointments are scheduled for the small health centre in a nearby Fenland town. Those are more like attending a small club. We, myself and JKP, may meet with my uncle who suffers from anxiety so often agrees to meet then just can't. He likes Starbucks and wants to food shop in M and S. Starbucks and M and S food are close together in one of the retail parks on the edge of the city so hopefully that will work. Have a good (wet and chilly?) day.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Raining again...

It looks like the badger had a tussle with the new cushions in the night, but everything was so tightly secured yesterday, the cushions have barely moved, and Jade is sound asleep on her swing.

But I am disappointed.
I downloaded the trail SD cards last night from when the badger wrecked the swing, expecting to see footage, and maybe footage of my missing red dragon.
Problem was, there was that much activity in the night, there were a few hundred video clips, that when it came to the badger (Pa Badger) finally giving a tug on the cloths, there was no space left on either of the SD cards to record any more...
So disappointed...
I have the max size SD card I can have in the trail cams.

There were several different foxes all coming through and wandering round my garden again and again...
There were several different badgers all coming through and wandering round my garden again and again...
There were more stray cats than usual all coming through and wandering round my garden again and again...
Why to all of this?
There were more new holes dug in my garden, more plants dug up that same night. The countryside beasties are all after food, and there are probably more worms in my garden, because it is a natural garden, no nasty pesticides. Some quite deep holes were dug.
One I am worried about, because it looks like the beginning of a tunnel out of my garden, under that overhigh wooden fence next door put up around the entire of his large property. Problem is he has put tarmac on his entire driveway and at the back of his garden, right on the other side of that fence. I think a badger would make short work of tunnelling through the hardcore under the tarmac and through the tarmac into his garden . He has an unfriendly Alsatian...and he is unfriendly...so I would rather try and prevent any hassle.
I do have several rolls of chicken wire and rebar in the garage for these emergencies...so that is my job today raining or not...and I need to protect my raspberry bushes from the badgers...

It was if a riotous party was held by all the local beasties.

Please don't let Ma & Pa Badger have a pile of baby badgers this year...

Just been out early to post my postcards and letters. And drew this man, from my car, (and it was nice to draw big rather than on a tiny phone screen) who had stopped a moment to look at his phone...so that is my creative.

Nighttime wildlife video
Foxes, Badger, & Cat
About 36 secs

I really could do with a nap...

Have your best kind of day.

IMG_6619.jpeg

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

It looks like that darn badger went bananas in the night. Midnight who was asleep on my chest in the early hours suddenly woke up alarmed and leapt to the window. His wide eyes looked at me, who was also awake by now. And then he charged out of the bedroom like a bullet.

The badger was yanking the cloths off the swing. More precisely tugging and tugging at the cushions. And pulling the jumpers that cover the cushions on to the wet ground. They are tied on with rope, and the long arms of the old jumpers are tight in a knot on the swing. But the force of the badger pulled and pulled and pulled and stretched them so the end up on the ground. There was cardboard everywhere that the badger had ripped off the swing. The cardboard lines the swing before I put on the cushions and other cloths on, because there are wide gaps on the wooden backing boards and the wooden seat boards. And the badger was always pulling the cloths through. That idea has worked more or less fine for 3 months, until last night. Devastation when I went out there this morning. I brought the sd cards back in to check, but before I checked, all the usual suspects presented themselves this morning for food. So no need to check now. I can leave that for another day. Everything is sopping wet, I need new cushions and jumpers to put on. The bag I had filled for the charity shop for Friday is now on the swing waiting to be used. Sorry charity shop.

There's something else. One of my red dragons is missing. It is a very heavy stone ornament. J bought me these. They have reminded on the ground unscathed for 20 years...

The female dragon is there, but she had been carried and dropped half way up the garden path. The male dragon is not to be seen anywhere in my garden, front or back. I hope that blooming badger has not carried it back to his den and got it guarding the outside of its den...

I'll $#£@¥§!3 that badger...

I am still looking....but the heavens opened after I took this photo of this sunny looking dandelion, which is going to be my creative today. I don't have time to do any thing else.

Back in bed, cold and wet. I need a nap....

Wildlife nighttime video
Just cat Jade looking into the camera on a more peaceful night...
16secs

And here from a few years ago, as an inset are my two dragons...
The upright one is missing.

View attachment 66922

My dandelion creative below. I love the lemon yellow.

Time for a nap. I am sleepy now, so a nap is needed.

View attachment 66923
Lovely dandelion - hope you come across your missing dragon.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all on a soggy Maunday Thursday in Little America. I'm just hydrating before a drip trip into Addenbrookes Cambridge (3rd best in UK, allegedly) which is part of the sprawling Cambridge biomedical campus. The campus is Europe's largest, more like a large town, and growing. The next two month's appointments are scheduled for the small health centre in a nearby Fenland town. Those are more like attending a small club. We, myself and JKP, may meet with my uncle who suffers from anxiety so often agrees to meet then just can't. He likes Starbucks and wants to food shop in M and S. Starbucks and M and S food are close together in one of the retail parks on the edge of the city so hopefully that will work. Have a good (wet and chilly?) day.
Hope your whole day works out just as you need it to @ianpspurs

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.1 today Judith’s work have decided in their wisdom that she should have two monitors on her work computer so that needs setting up before starting work this morning the rather small desk she uses for home working does not very much spare room on it so that is going to take some working out.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As always, all the best for the drip trip and hopefully a good meet up with your uncle.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Raining again...

It looks like the badger had a tussle with the new cushions in the night, but everything was so tightly secured yesterday, the cushions have barely moved, and Jade is sound asleep on her swing.

But I am disappointed.
I downloaded the trail SD cards last night from when the badger wrecked the swing, expecting to see footage, and maybe footage of my missing red dragon.
Problem was, there was that much activity in the night, there were a few hundred video clips, that when it came to the badger (Pa Badger) finally giving a tug on the cloths, there was no space left on either of the SD cards to record any more...
So disappointed...
I have the max size SD card I can have in the trail cams.

There were several different foxes all coming through and wandering round my garden again and again...
There were several different badgers all coming through and wandering round my garden again and again...
There were more stray cats than usual all coming through and wandering round my garden again and again...
Why to all of this?
There were more new holes dug in my garden, more plants dug up that same night. The countryside beasties are all after food, and there are probably more worms in my garden, because it is a natural garden, no nasty pesticides. Some quite deep holes were dug.
One I am worried about, because it looks like the beginning of a tunnel out of my garden, under that overhigh wooden fence next door put up around the entire of his large property. Problem is he has put tarmac on his entire driveway and at the back of his garden, right on the other side of that fence. I think a badger would make short work of tunnelling through the hardcore under the tarmac and through the tarmac into his garden . He has an unfriendly Alsatian...and he is unfriendly...so I would rather try and prevent any hassle.
I do have several rolls of chicken wire and rebar in the garage for these emergencies...so that is my job today raining or not...and I need to protect my raspberry bushes from the badgers...

It was if a riotous party was held by all the local beasties.

Please don't let Ma & Pa Badger have a pile of baby badgers this year...

Just been out early to post my postcards and letters. And drew this man, from my car, (and it was nice to draw big rather than on a tiny phone screen) who had stopped a moment to look at his phone...so that is my creative.

Nighttime wildlife video
Foxes, Badger, & Cat
About 36 secs

I really could do with a nap...

View attachment 66934
I fear that your garden is turning into a version of the number of boats crossing the channel and eating into your resources so all the best with that. Smashing sketch.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everybody on an overcast bin day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.3 this am. The day yesterday turned all sunshine, blue sky and wispy white clouds. Quite breezy though. So, down through the woods, through the Valley Gardens and follow the stream to the sea. Not as many people on the beach as I thought there would be during the first week of the Easter school holidays. Along the lower prom, up the 182 steps to the upper prom and back home. Took nearly two hours, at an stroll and only three stops (there are but three public facilities on that route). Art bit - I have no idea about this. I have been watching the series Three Body Problem on net flicks but it surely can’t be that influence - that’s the problem with unconscious thoughts - you have no idea what your brain is working on. It’s all going on in there but how much ends up in our consciousness is anybodies guess. Anyhow, or even anyhoo - hope your Thursday pushes some joy your way. I will slurp koffy and watch the birds in the garden fighting over fat balls.

1711613856729.jpeg