What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good day everyone from the eccentric East. The weather is quite wintry so only all the blossom and flowers give a clue to the actual season. @gennepher thank you for sharing - your daughter's ? - wonderful art. Shame about the problems finding a venue but big winner for sharing a meal with both children. @dunelm thank you very much for sharing that striking piece of art. @Annb I gave the like as you implied you were warm when I believe you aren't always. Our eldest grandson cut our lawns for the second time yesterday which is a blessing even though I do like that task. He was very nervous the first time but dad watched and helped. He was soon enjoying it and told dad to go shopping so he could go solo but with me and JKP watching. We sat in the sun and watched yesterday. Lawn mowing costs a can of coke and a hot cross bun - bargain. Enjoy the rest of your Monday if possible.
Thank you @ianpspurs

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
5.2 today for at is wet and windy so won’t be going out much in the sunny spells we have been having have been able to sit in the garden but that doesn’t look possible for today hope we get some better weather soon it’s so depressing.
According to this morning's forecast, there should be some warmer, drier weather coming our way soon.

BG at 03.30 was 6.0. BP down to a good range again as well (128/63). Actually did manage to see that my stomach has shrunk a bit as well, but I'm wary of weighing myself just in case of disappointment, but I will do so on Thursday. Busy week this week - did have a hairdresser appointment yesterday, but it didn't happen but I was waiting around all ready for her to come; hospital appointment tomorrow (just to keep an eye on my liver and kidneys); leg appointment on Thursday as well as another Move More class and another Zoom meeting in th evening; Friday appears to be free at the moment. Except, of course, for the builders who are supposed to be here all week, but didn't show up yesterday.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a dull yet breezy start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.8 this am. We are off to Newcastle this morning for a grand day out and taking the train. Art bit - another field with trees but in Burnt Sienna. Hope you have a smashing day. Best finish my koffy and get ready to go.

1713253256716.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I have posted about my travels and hotels and restaurants.
I always ask to see the chef and trust that he will cook you something fresh without those intolerances we have.
I was never refused by a chef or by asking a waiter to see one.
My local, didn't cook from fresh, even the salad had been prepared elsewhere and had a vinegarette on.
And they never asked why I didn't want to eat there.
It is good when establishments are able to cater for our intolerances.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening one and

Blood sugars this morning were 4.7 and worse than that Mrs J has just trimmed my beard.
Time to sulk in my shed / workshop…….

Stay safe all and if possible avoid an unstoppable scissor wielding Mrs J.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.9
Definitely coming back down...

It was an absolutely horrendous foul day yesterday all kinds of weathers in the same day. The hailstones were particularly vicious in those very strong gusts of wind...

Wildlife nighttime video
A Fox & 2 Badgers & a Cat
33 Sec

Creative is one of my quick one line squiggles from my car....another puffer jacket...

I have a pair of goldfinches who appear to be living in my garden (or they are nesting...)

And in the early hours when I needed to visit the bathroom, I came face to face (albeit with the glass window of my bedroom door door between us) with a huge massive badger. So, urgent bathroom visit forgotten, I am sitting on the edge of my bed touching the glass pane, and this huge powerful beast is rubbing his body against the glass. This is the nearest I will ever get to touching a badger. Or want to get. He was amazing. I am assuming it was a he, because a female/pregnant female might feel threatened. I don't know. Or maybe the badgers are used to me. Midnight is sitting next to me, looking at me, as though he is saying, 'This is what I have to put up with, when I am on the swing...'. And I am looking at the large size of Midnight, but he looks tiny compared to this magnificent badger in front of us. This particular badger was definitely longer and heavier than Wiki says they are. A guess...approaching 40lbs? And he was longer than my metre steel ruler...

I'll look at the SD cards later today.

Stupid thing is, I went out in the dark last night to get something out of the potting shed because the weather had been too foul all day, and finally the rain and hail had stopped. And I am saying to myself, any badgers and wild beasties will run if they see me... I think I would take off vertically if I saw that size of beast in front of me...

While I am writing this, the male magpie is under my swing stealing cat Jade's wet catfood breakfast. But cat Midnight is sitting on the swing directly above the magpie, less than a hand's length away from the magpie's head. Yet the magpie stares at the unmoving unflinching Midnight as he approaches. The magpie stops in front of Midnight, ducks under the swing fills his beak/gullet with wet cat food to take back to his missus who Is either egg sitting or caring for their babies. And then cautiously puts his head from under the swing to see if Midnight will let him leave. And Midnight doesn't move an inch, and lets the Magpie leave with his food. All this happened just like this last year.

The magpie has just pulled the bowl of wet cat food from out under the swing, so he can take the food while keeping a constant eye on Midnight. I think he must have a nest of babies to take that kind of a chance.

Jade has just come for her breakfast and discovered it is all gone. But there is still bowl of dry cat food I put under the swing next to the bowl of wet catfood this morning so she's eating that at the moment. I'll go and replenish supplies in a bit.

I have just spent an hour watching the magpie coming to and fro while attempting to write this.

Now the other strays are coming along, but there's just the big bowl of dry cat food, however they're eating that. I will refill the wet bowl of catfood once I've posted this...

There are all the usual other birds in the garden - bluetits, greattits, longtailedtits, blackbirds, sparrows, various others, and robin, and dunnock (who has not found a mate yet).

Time for feeding duties again.
It's hard work in the spring...

Have a good day.

IMG_6887.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Midnight is sitting next to me, looking at me, as though he is saying, 'This is what I have to put up with, when I am on the swing...'. And I am looking at the large size of Midnight, but he looks tiny compared to this magnificent badger in front of us
:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Poor old midnight, I can imagine him sucking his teeth, like an old gold miner, "Now THAT there, cat lady, IS what I'm talking about . One of them genuuuiine mutant BADGERs "

Bet he was tut tutting as you played nice with it behind the glass...:hilarious:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a dull yet breezy start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.8 this am. We are off to Newcastle this morning for a grand day out and taking the train. Art bit - another field with trees but in Burnt Sienna. Hope you have a smashing day. Best finish my koffy and get ready to go.

View attachment 67201
Brilliant art again @dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. I can't share my fbg since it is unknown. Yesterday was a 24 carb day so it should have been fine. @gennepher thank you for sharing the tale of the monster badger and hungry magpie. Today's sketch is brilliant, very detailed. @dunelm enjoy your day in Newcastle. Thank you for sharing the splendid art. That colour really adds something to the piece. Enjoy Tuesday with the whole range of weather minus snow and ice.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone. I can't share my fbg since it is unknown. Yesterday was a 24 carb day so it should have been fine. @gennepher thank you for sharing the tale of the monster badger and hungry magpie. Today's sketch is brilliant, very detailed. @dunelm enjoy your day in Newcastle. Thank you for sharing the splendid art. That colour really adds something to the piece. Enjoy Tuesday with the whole range of weather minus snow and ice.
Thank you @ianpspurs

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We had three showers of hail yesterday.
bright sunshine this morning, but windy and still cold. Not got above 7degrees according to my garden thermometer.

I'm bringing my Boeing 747, out of mothballs.
There is a certain friend of a friend of a friend that is looking for an African service.
It could be quite lucrative, plenty of taxpayers money available.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We had three showers of hail yesterday.
bright sunshine this morning, but windy and still cold. Not got above 7degrees according to my garden thermometer.

I'm bringing my Boeing 747, out of mothballs.
There is a certain friend of a friend of a friend that is looking for an African service.
It could be quite lucrative, plenty of taxpayers money available.
I'd hold off making plans for that money

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Winter is back and along with the wind and rain, it has not got above 6degrees so far.
It is bloody freezing.

My garden is awash with set rain, bourgeois and an assortment of spring flowers.

Mrs L is as usual driving me nuts.

Busy days.

Best wishes to you all as always!
Ahh, they drive us nuts with the wind and rain and so do our loved ones lol