What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I don’t think we celebrate those who tried to blow up parliament but the fact they failed. I do not celibrate November the 5th as I do not wish to celebrate the cruel death of any one let alone those who have their place in my family tree.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I don’t think we celebrate those who tried to blow up parliament but the fact they failed. I do not celibrate November the 5th as I do not wish to celebrate the cruel death of any one let alone those who have their place in my family tree.
5th November is celebrated in our family as one of our sons' birthday. Never could stand fireworks though - not only wasteful but polluting as well. I agree, celebrating the cruel death of anyone is barbaric. It was when it happened, and remains so. Still happenong in some places though.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't. Stone me now.

I don't want to do anything that might bring me back to missing the things I no longer miss. I don't judge, and all the best to anyone who finds they can still have sweet/high carb stuff without ill effect. But it isn't a matter of "everybody".
Yes, of course that is the main danger of the occasional sweet treat and I fell into that trap Christmas 2022.

Am hoping that I learnt from that and am much more aware of the dangers.

Today my low carb treat is Montazumas 100%. Tomorrow it is strawberries , inulin and Greek yoghurt.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes, of course that is the main danger of the occasional sweet treat and I fell into that trap Christmas 2022.

Am hoping that I learnt from that and am much more aware of the dangers.

Today my low carb treat is Montazumas 100%. Tomorrow it is strawberries , inulin and Greek yoghurt.
I wholeheartedly recommend those low carb treats.i
Similar to mine. A few berries tonight after chicken.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I totally agree.
It's the same argument about religious persecution in the case of Guy Fawkes and the other Catholics.
We should have a holiday for defeating a political system. As in the victory of WWII.
Though I doubt the current lot would agree with condemning right wing policies.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Hi @SlimLizzy .

Good point.

I always think life's a huge risk assessment exercise .

Even the sun gives us cancer .

So we each make our own assessment of what we personally accept as a risk.

For some it's nil, for others just a bit more & for some, there's no limits.....hello parachutists...lol

Here's the WHO article about aspartame risks, etc for those unaware or interested .

Found the article.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Good day all from a grey, blustery miserable looking Little America. @gennepher and @dunelm thank you both for sharing your wonderful art. Very different but both examples of a very special gift. @Annb hug for the pain and no builders. Interesting discussion about sweeteners/sugar. I initially used sweeteners in tea and coffee but now find any sweetener leaves an unpleasant aftertaste - even sugar. I notice this in normal food if I try even a lick/bite. Panettone and small hot cross buns are interesting exceptions. I cannot stand erythritol which is widely used. If I didn't have some food with sweetener LC would be unsustainable. It is borderline now but possibly important for my big problem. It is now often a very inconvenient management tool and major nuisance for my family rather than much pleasure. Further weight loss through fasting is a big no no. I’ve grown used to being hungry most of the time. JKP does make lc/keto recipes with sweetener because my diet and calorie intake are already very restricted. A mixture of so much food no longer tasting nice - bacon, chicken and most pork or lamb for instance - and partly because I worked hard to eliminate food which spiked. Mackerel salad 5 days a week is a nonsense. Enjoy Friday even after that.
Offering a hug for the disruption to so many flavours, possibly caused by medication? My father had difficulties with this also when on chemo.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Found the article.
Sadly healthline insist on making you accept all their conditions of reading (cookies etc).

I don't like the sites that insist, I prefer to select what information & services I'll allow others to impose on me.

Picky ?
Maybe....but hey ho.

Sure it makes good points.
And information is key, but as I said in my post, it's all down to individual risk assessments.

I thank you for the post @SlimLizzy but unfortunately I can't read it or give an opinion on it.

Though I have read similar.

Viva la difference...as they say out your way.. :cool:

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from Manchester airport. Early start today and a smashing two hour drive on almost deserted roads. There will be a race through Bordeaux from the Airport to the railway station which due to bad planning and static interference on old crystal balls are located at different sides of the city. Art bit - final one of three, a little darker still. No idea if I will be able to keep up for a week but hope you all have a pleasant pre-bin day. Oh, there is a Costa open - will have to do.

1713929858494.jpeg

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fbg 4.4 today.
Adrian is in Ireland today after flying from Heathrow to Dublin yesterday on a shopping trip to buy a small herd of cows for the farm at Ards they the cows and the farm is to be totally organic.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

A perplexing 8.0 this morning and no it’s not treat based. Never mind onwards and hopefully not upwards.

My day must continue, let’s aim for enjoyment.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
5.9 at 03.45 today. One cup of tea brought it up to 7.9 and there it is hanging, probably until I have something to eat.

Today Neil is nearly as bad as me - he pulled something in his back moving a vacuum cleaner during the night, so we're both hobbling around at the moment. I'm about to take some more pain killers to see if I can get some muscles or bones to behave. Took some at 03.45 but it didn't work. Now I am able to take more and see if there is a cumulative effect.

Bright sunny day today, but the sun hasn't hit out solar panels yet so they don't seem to be supplying any power to the system. When it comes round to the front of the house, I'm sure it will.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a windy and chilly L.A. on a Wednesday when I have mistakenly wheeled out the blue bin. @dunelm have a safe and stress free journey and enjoy precious time with your parents. Opinions will vary but mine is that swapping the North East for Bourdeaux is akin to swapping economy for first class. Thank you for sharing the art. @Annb hug for the tale of woe in your home. @SlimLizzy thank you for the kind thoughts. My tastes had changed before that was dx'd and treatment commenced but digestive issues are a known side effect of one part of the treatment. Loperamide is dolled out like smarties, no questions asked. I'm trying to work out which foods or meals are the biggest problem. Enjoy Wednesday not Thursday.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from Manchester airport. Early start today and a smashing two hour drive on almost deserted roads. There will be a race through Bordeaux from the Airport to the railway station which due to bad planning and static interference on old crystal balls are located at different sides of the city. Art bit - final one of three, a little darker still. No idea if I will be able to keep up for a week but hope you all have a pleasant pre-bin day. Oh, there is a Costa open - will have to do.

View attachment 67320
Wow!
I absolutely love the colours and everything about this one @dunelm