What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a sunny although not especially warm L.A. @dunelm yesterday sounds wonderful if possibly tiring but good for the fbg so all round winner. Thank you for sharing the art. @Annb hug for the tiredness but winner for the unexpected trip and bargains. @Krystyna23040 enjoy Sheringham Park and the rhododendrons. There are some wonderful ones around Sandringham and towards Sunny Hunny. @SlimLizzy I'm pretty sure the laughter helped with fbg. Have as wonderful a Sunday as possible.
Thank you @ianpspurs. The rhododendrons were beautiful. The soil in North Norfolk must be ideal for them. Here in central Norfolk it isn't.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
6.3 this sun drenched Sunday.
Woke to bright light and a bit of warmth. Birdsong and now some spadgers flitting around.
Lovely day so far and done quite a bit in front garden, last of the daffs gone now and bluebells going to seed.
Might do a bank holiday (huff!) Clip of them.
It's May day holiday.
To celebrate those who have to earn a wage to buy the basics, if they can. No bloody bank around doing that!!!!
Can't believe the weeds, around the driveway and edge of lawn.
Could get lawn mower for its third cut this spring????. Or I might leave it to tomorrow.

Mrs L is in a good mood today and having a resting day in her pit. She needs it, will give her a nice piece of fish for her evening meal.

Lots of footie on, even the kids are out on the pitches out back in the sun.
The national league final at Wembley is on, and I remember that day back in 2018, so vividly, real good memories.
A special day.

It is a beautiful afternoon. Enjoy it.

My best wishes to you all as always.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a sunny although not especially warm L.A. @dunelm yesterday sounds wonderful if possibly tiring but good for the fbg so all round winner. Thank you for sharing the art. @Annb hug for the tiredness but winner for the unexpected trip and bargains. @Krystyna23040 enjoy Sheringham Park and the rhododendrons. There are some wonderful ones around Sandringham and towards Sunny Hunny. @SlimLizzy I'm pretty sure the laughter helped with fbg. Have as wonderful a Sunday as possible.
Thanks @ianpspurs - it has been a more steady day today.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

Nighttime wildlife in my garden
Two badgers
25 secs

Creative...I forgot I had made the pen nib narrower, so I was all over the place trying to draw this one line people squiggle. Oh well...

The sun is out.
The sky is misty blue.
And I am ready for a nap...
A cuppa first..

Have your best kind of day...

View attachment 67475
Trolly dash?

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.25 am FBG 5.9
Son2 has his American girlfriend visiting for ten days. Serious girlfriend, planning to move to UK. Brave girl. She has met a few members of the extended family, at a wedding in Vegas. Original plan was to come here for a few days, but that was cancelled even before definite dates were chosen. Next plan- I will go on foot by ferry to UK and they will meet me at ferry. One day trip for me.
Finally checked ferry sailings. Only possible sailing Tuesday overnight. Come back Wednesday overnight. €170. Or was that £170? Plus lunch costs?
Not sure if this will be convenient for them so no booking made as yet.
Later message: They are still considering coming here. No day specified.
But!
Have remembered social obligations. Lunch with French conversation group. Including the teachers family, at her house. Annual event. On Wednesday. Oops! Am sure MrSlim would not attend on his own. And an arrangment to join in a garden visit on Thursday. Could give it a miss even though I would probably be back in time. However part of the purpose for garden visit is to to check if it is suitable walking for my 92 year old Mum, who is coming to stay in about six weeks. Oh help! Now what?
Big clean up just in case? Teĺl Son2 and girlfriend I can't make it to UK?
My head has been spinning all night.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Wildlife nighttime video
Cat Jade catches her supper!
There is a mouse nest in the back garden down the sides of one of my now frogless ponds...it kept Popeye supplied with his daily mouse for supper - the secret of long life?

Creative - a workman in a high vis jacket coming out of a garage. There should be a bit more of the top of his head !

I couldn't breathe last night in my bedroom. It was too hot.
I had the window open, but there wasn't any moving air coming in.
So this morning I got my fans out, but they needed cleaning from the dust of last year. I cleaned one using damp cotton buds and stuff. And a drop of WD-40 on the moving part. But it did take me over an hour just to do one.

So I think that will be my jobs for today...

The sun just said hello and goodbye... there is heavy cloud cover now...

And Midnight has lost his soggy chicken...

A nap and a cuppa tea beckons...

Have your best kind of day...

As long as I do not put my stockinged foot on a soggy chicken, I will be fine today...

IMG_7263.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.25 am FBG 5.9
Son2 has his American girlfriend visiting for ten days. Serious girlfriend, planning to move to UK. Brave girl. She has met a few members of the extended family, at a wedding in Vegas. Original plan was to come here for a few days, but that was cancelled even before definite dates were chosen. Next plan- I will go on foot by ferry to UK and they will meet me at ferry. One day trip for me.
Finally checked ferry sailings. Only possible sailing Tuesday overnight. Come back Wednesday overnight. €170. Or was that £170? Plus lunch costs?
But!
Have remembered social obligations. Lunch with French conversation group. Including the teachers family, at her house. Annual event. On Wednesday. Oops! Am sure MrSlim would not attend on his own. And an arrangment to join in a garden visit on Thursday. Could give it a miss even though I would probably be back in time. However part of the purpose for garden visit is to to check if it is suitable walking for my 92 year old Mum, who is coming to stay in about six weeks. Oh help! Now what?
Extra hugs @SlimLizzy
Too much in the air to make definite plans yet...
Hopefully it will work out easily once their travel plans are decided on...

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and a happy bank holiday Monday, well it is here in the UK.

Blood sugars this morning were 4.6, an excellent excuse not to drive the nearest supplier ov stainless steel countsunk head screws 5 x 50mm long.

Have a great Monday and stay safe.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning.

Got a what's app message from daughter in Toronto. She came 3rd in her age group in the Toronto half marathon. She is so happy with that result.

No classes today so an easy day. Will catch up with emails and do lesson planning for the week and still have plenty of time to relax and read and drink coffee. Definitely no half marathons though.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.25 am FBG 5.9
But!
I am not surprised your head has been spinning all night @SlimLizzy

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on this early May Public Holiday UK but school and work day for my American neighbours. A wasted early drive into Cambridge for a blood test - drive through centre not open but the web site didn't make that clear. At least the roads were clear and the weather was good. @gennepher thank you for the creative which is among the best of these one line sketches - imho. @Krystyna23040 congratulations to your daughter and to you for leaving yourself so much time to relax. @SlimLizzy hug for the stress. Enjoy your day if at all possible.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
7.9 at 04.00 today. Tum uncomfortable, specially after taking the chemist's shopful of pills. Had a slice of wholemeal toast to try to settle it down but it only made it worse. Ah well - the scrambled egg I followed it with has stayed down, so that's good.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all on this early May Public Holiday UK but school and work day for my American neighbours. A wasted early drive into Cambridge for a blood test - drive through centre not open but the web site didn't make that clear. At least the roads were clear and the weather was good. @gennepher thank you for the creative which is among the best of these one line sketches - imho. @Krystyna23040 congratulations to your daughter and to you for leaving yourself so much time to relax. @SlimLizzy hug for the stress. Enjoy your day if at all possible.
Thank you so much for the compliment @ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a ‘will the sun shine today’ morning here in the dark and dangerous north. Up and out this morning, down onto the beach with the ninky nonks looking for treasure. Then up into the woods to collect garlic leaves for their mum before heading home for cheese toasties. All done and dusted by 0930. All quiet now at they have all departed. Art bit, not much free time so a quick sketch. Hope your day is going well.

Attachments

• IMG_6192.jpeg
    IMG_6192.jpeg
    384.5 KB · Views: 21

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What a shame the website didn't give the correct I information and you had a wasted journey @ianpspurs.

Perhaps I am getting better at time management. I am getting better at saying no to things. Although it has taken me a rather long time to learn the art of saying no.

Will take Poppy for her afternoon walk while Mr K is watching snooker.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a ‘will the sun shine today’ morning here in the dark and dangerous north. Up and out this morning, down onto the beach with the ninky nonks looking for treasure. Then up into the woods to collect garlic leaves for their mum before heading home for cheese toasties. All done and dusted by 0930. All quiet now at they have all departed. Art bit, not much free time so a quick sketch. Hope your day is going well.
Brilliant sketch @dunelm