What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon everyone. @gennepher and @dunelm thank you for sharing your art. These two series are interesting to viewers. Is such a series fun for you, yourselves? @dunelm as @alf_Josiah says that observer sounds like an all round good man. @Annb hug for the continued grottiness and absent heating engineers. @Krystyna23040 the predictive text raised a chuckle here. Surreal experience earlier. Sat waiting for blood test listening to youngsters from the late 70s, early 80s being interviewed about computers. They felt computers would never be a big thing when we had a message and video from our door bell telling us we had a delivery. Video conversation with the delivery person (man) telling/directing them where to leave the package safely. IT one prognostications 0. Next few days forecast to be sunny here. Enjoy your Tuesday.
Yes, that was funny - especially as predictive text did it twice. Very interesting interview with those youngsters from the late 70s.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a lovely bright start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. Mainly shopping yesterday and pulling weeds while remembering my mother saying that weeds are just plants that are in the wrong place. Dinner last night - an approaching use by date hodgepodge thing held together with hope and eaten wearing dark glasses, listening to McArthur Park (the soggy cake song) by Richard Harris. I made enough for tonight as we can’t afford to buy indulgences nowadays and the local vicar has been done for selling offerings in dark doorways. Art bit - more trees to save the planet from goodness knows what. Hope you all have a smashing day, I shall try and translate my latest Army pension slip from Chinese while slurping on koffy.

Attachments

• IMG_6220.jpeg
    IMG_6220.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 29

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.7 this morning.
Alexa says the levels of pollen are tree pollen very high and grass pollen high has been like that for a few days at least and it’s made things very uncomfortable.
Had a call from the GP’s surgery they have the result of the colonoscopy and the doctor will call me to discuss it though the phone appointment is not for a couple of weeks so I don’t think they found anything that needs urgent attention.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. If you don’t know the definition ov “Good Morning “ let me me’s and myself provide you mine.
If you woke up then it’s a good morning.

Blood sugars this morning were 4.5 . Drat, double drat and hey ho. Preventative measures have been taken.

Now here it’s time to move on. Have a best day you possibly can. Stay safe

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from L.A. where we are promised a few days of less sub-optimal warmth. Today is the anniversary of my world record tea drinking attempt brought on by telling relatives of the death of first my dad then my mum. A double tour of Cambs as events unfolded. One was expected, the other a big shock initially but obvious looking back. Moving on. Bloods revealed an fbg of 4.1 yesterday and an HbA1c of 33 so not awful. @dunelm I liked the Vicar funny and the trees so thank you. @gennepher thank you for sharing the sketch and hug for the sleep issues. We are all different but I sleep best on hot nights uncovered, with windows open but blinds and curtains closed obviously. Ceiling fans are great - who knew? @JohnEGreen hug for pollen issues as I don't do well with tree pollen which has become very noticeable here. I'll share my personal May 8th song which I chose for my parents' funeral entry - very much what it seems mum did. Enjoy Wednesday as much as possible.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from L.A. where we are promised a few days of less sub-optimal warmth. Today is the anniversary of my world record tea drinking attempt brought on by telling relatives of the death of first my dad then my mum. A double tour of Cambs as events unfolded. One was expected, the other a big shock initially but obvious looking back. Moving on. Bloods revealed an fbg of 4.1 yesterday and an HbA1c of 33 so not awful. @dunelm I liked the Vicar funny and the trees so thank you. @gennepher thank you for sharing the sketch and hug for the sleep issues. We are all different but I sleep best on hot nights uncovered, with windows open but blinds and curtains closed obviously. Ceiling fans are great - who knew? @JohnEGreen hug for pollen issues as I don't do well with tree pollen which has become very noticeable here. I'll share my personal May 8th song which I chose for my parents' funeral entry - very much what it seems mum did. Enjoy Wednesday as much as possible.
Thanks @ianpspurs. I hope you have a peaceful day

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone

Wednesday's FBG 4.8 mmol on waking at 6.00 am.

What a captivating nighttime video of the badger family @gennepher. When identifying a sibling, it's bottom scent that counts apparently.

No further sightings of our four fox cubs since Saturday, but yesterday I caught a glimpse of their dad patrolling our garden just before the light faded. He's a magnificent animal with a bright orange coat. No sign of mum. I'd like to think she's put her paws up for 5 minutes. Looking after her four bundles of mischief must be exhausting. At least they'll be fully weaned soon

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Oh dear. All I can say is what I do, which is to let people know what I have already arranged and that they are very welcome to fit around.
Did try this. Was also prepared to change arrangements if neccessary. Had cake baked for tomorrow (MrSlim would have to take it)most of my stuff collected together for overnight ferry and been busy tidying just in case as well. MrSlim has had contact with Son2. They will be coming on overnight ferry arriving Friday. Sorted. Relax.
Except i get message late at night. Too expensive - they won't be coming. Will have to wait until september to meet her. Was and am still so furious. I could have been there now if given all the information in time.
Feel I have given him, and her, the impression that I preferred lunch with friends to meeting this very important person in his life. So disappointed in myself for not calling him and making arrangements. But that's me trying not to be a nag. So angry with him for blithely assuring MrSlim they would be here without checking costs. Now I have all this anger and upset churning around and am expected to go to a birthday lunch and be cheerful.
Tried calling, but have response by text he is driving and will call back in a couple of hours.
What a huge mess.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone

Wednesday's FBG 4.8 mmol on waking at 6.00 am.

What a captivating nighttime video of the badger family @gennepher. When identifying a sibling, it's bottom scent that counts apparently.

No further sightings of our four fox cubs since Saturday, but yesterday I caught a glimpse of their dad patrolling our garden just before the light faded. He's a magnificent animal with a bright orange coat. No sign of mum. I'd like to think she's put her paws up for 5 minutes. Looking after her four bundles of mischief must be exhausting. At least they'll be fully weaned soon
Thanks @LivingLightly
It'll be great to watch the fox cubs...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a lovely bright start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. Mainly shopping yesterday and pulling weeds while remembering my mother saying that weeds are just plants that are in the wrong place. Dinner last night - an approaching use by date hodgepodge thing held together with hope and eaten wearing dark glasses, listening to McArthur Park (the soggy cake song) by Richard Harris. I made enough for tonight as we can’t afford to buy indulgences nowadays and the local vicar has been done for selling offerings in dark doorways. Art bit - more trees to save the planet from goodness knows what. Hope you all have a smashing day, I shall try and translate my latest Army pension slip from Chinese while slurping on koffy.
Great architectural trees... @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Ian...
Too many mozzies here to walk around or sleep in birthday suit...maybe I should dress as Miss Havisham and have all these layers of floaty nets swirling around me. My back garden is secluded, unless a nosy drone is flying over, but then, I did start practicing with my catapult during Covid lockdowns...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did try this. Was also prepared to change arrangements if neccessary. Had cake baked for tomorrow (MrSlim would have to take it)most of my stuff collected together for overnight ferry and been busy tidying just in case as well. MrSlim has had contact with Son2. They will be coming on overnight ferry arriving Friday. Sorted. Relax.
Except i get message late at night. Too expensive - they won't be coming. Will have to wait until september to meet her. Was and am still so furious. I could have been there now if given all the information in time.
Feel I have given him, and her, the impression that I preferred lunch with friends to meeting this very important person in his life. So disappointed in myself for not calling him and making arrangements. But that's me trying not to be a nag. So angry with him for blithely assuring MrSlim they would be here without checking costs. Now I have all this anger and upset churning around and am expected to go to a birthday lunch and be cheerful.
Tried calling, but have response by text he is driving and will call back in a couple of hours.
What a huge mess.
I am so sorry @SlimLizzy
I said a few naughty words on your behalf. I know it doesn't help but I'm thinking of similar situations that happened for me...
Park all your upset and frustrations in a room in your mind, and lock it. Throw the key away. And deal with just the here and now, the present moment...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What a huge mess.
Oh dear. Perhaps meditate upon the events that are not even your doing or within your control. Will this diagram be of any use to your?

Attachments

• IMG_6223.jpeg
    IMG_6223.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 26

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
5.9 again, like this.
Have been form filling and chores so far, phoning for info and obviously a lot more,
So I can't hang about.
My anxiety levels are really high.
Bloody forms.
It is a repeat of yesterday and the warmth and sunshine broke through and of course the forecast was for 18 degrees, but like Tuesday it is mid twenties, long may it continue!
Gotta go, kitchen duties with chicken again!!!!!! tonight.
I f... feel like chicken to........!
My bestest wishes to you lot as always on this weird Wednesday

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 again, like this.
Have been form filling and chores so far, phoning for info and obviously a lot more,
So I can't hang about.
My anxiety levels are really high.
Bloody forms.
It is a repeat of yesterday and the warmth and sunshine broke through and of course the forecast was for 18 degrees, but like Tuesday it is mid twenties, long may it continue!
Gotta go, kitchen duties with chicken again!!!!!! tonight.
I f... feel like chicken to........!
My bestest wishes to you lot as always on this weird Wednesday
Hugs for the anxiety, winner for the 5.9 and a big ****-a-doodle laugh for the chicken tonight. Did you do the dance?

Edit: see what the moronic word killer did there. Should have put cockerel or rooster-doodle-do - NOOOOOO! Don’t mention the Banbury Cross thing.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hugs for the anxiety, winner for the 5.9 and a big ****-a-doodle laugh for the chicken tonight. Did you do the dance?

Edit: see what the moronic word killer did there. Should have put cockerel or rooster-doodle-do - NOOOOOO! Don’t mention the Banbury Cross thing.
Cheers, I would always chuckle at le coq!
or cackle!
or any c..k will do!

always dancing!
Shake a tail feather!