What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck hope lots of supplies at Lidl! I slice each of them into 6 small slices before freeze them in bags of three slices. This helps when you fry or heat them i find or if you want them for solders for a boiled egg- enjoy.
Six slices shelley...how on earth do you manage that...I struggle slicing them into two...will give it my best shot...hope to keep all of my fingers intact...watch this space;)

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 this morning. I wanted to go for a walk but it’s a little too chilly for that (-29°c). I’ll lean my workshop instead. That’ll take a lot longer than any walk I would have taken.
Troubled go for a walk at -29 degrees...I'm hibernating at +7 here...apart from my necessary shopping trip...and wouldn't do that unless we needed to eat this week:).

Reactions: Cumberland

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Three slices shelley...how on earth do you manage that...I struggle slicing them into two...will give it my best shot...hope to keep all of my fingers intact...watch this space;)
Good knife and cut downwards starting from one of the longest sides of the triangle ! Just keep the holding hand well back

Reactions: HarryBeau

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning ....5.9 this morning.Yesterday made the Diet Doctor meat pie and we had this as main meal at mid day.Had piece of cheese just before bed as @Bubbsie so better numbers.Still had HGVs playing their merry tunes three times in the night.The police are now involved and so.........hopefully..........

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Off to get me a stash of LIDL protein rolls this morning shelley...store them in the freezer...I use them for so many different things...great burger buns...toasted...never tried them as a naan substitute...love curry...not the same for me without the breads or rice...definitely going to try that...also may see how it fares as 'fried bread' in an English Breakfast.
Hi Bubbsie. Lots of folks seem to like the Lidl rolls but unfortunately the ones I've seen are full of seeds which are not good for me with Diverticular disease. Hope they are good for you. Enjoy! :)

Last edited:

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, and an 8.9 from me. I still don't get liver dumps because it was a 6.2 post-meal yesterday.

Reactions: Cumberland

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Bubbsie. Lots of folks seem to like the Lidl rolls but unfortunately the ones I've seen are full of seeds which are not good for me with Diverticular disease. Hope they are good for you. Enjoy! :)
Yep the ones I buy there are dogslife...they also make low GI rolls...but...again full of seeds... I have a friend who has the same difficulty with the low GI & protein breads...I found it so difficult to stop the bread...now I have a freezer draw full of the rolls...as they are not terrible interesting as they come...now slicing them...fried bread...rubbed with garlic & any seasoning you want...so much better...even warmed slightly then toasted...good alternative for me.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning ....5.9 this morning.Yesterday made the Diet Doctor meat pie and we had this as main meal at mid day.Had piece of cheese just before bed as @Bubbsie so better numbers.Still had HGVs playing their merry tunes three times in the night.The police are now involved and so.........hopefully..........
Good to hear it seems to be working Glenmac...although disappointing to hear those selfish B****s are still acting up...relieved to hear the police are involved...they should take action...they have a duty to arrest in order to prevent a breach of the peace occurring...although they do give a warning first...about time...been going on for some time...must be a nightmare disturbed persistently.

Reactions: Glenmac and ziggy_w

Maddog76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, I’m new to this but my levels were 7.8 this morning. Been a little high since Christmas. Doc now recommending I go on insulin but not keen. Been around the same level for 2 years, high after carbs (whole grain pasta, bread, the usual) started the 16:8 diet today. Fingers crossed it helps me avoid insulin.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all, I’m new to this but my levels were 7.8 this morning. Been a little high since Christmas. Doc now recommending I go on insulin but not keen. Been around the same level for 2 years, high after carbs (whole grain pasta, bread, the usual) started the 16:8 diet today. Fingers crossed it helps me avoid insulin.
Good luck Maddog...7.8 is a little high...but...not massive & only just outside the normal range for T2... with some adjustments you should be able to reduce that steadily...believe quite a few of us have been a little high since Christmas...are you using any medication at the moment?...activity are you able to do some/any...been low carb high (good) fat diet for a while now...not suitable for all of us...is there any particular routine you've been following...ask what you need I've no doubt someone here will know the answer...offer advice...make appropriate suggestions.

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Doctors and diabetic nurses are too keen to shove us on to insulin. My diabetic nurse raised the subject with me. I still have plenty of tablet options yet. Insulin is very much a last resort due to DVLA restrictions. Often wonder if the decision to put diabetics on insulin is to make like easier for the surgery staff.? After 43 years in pharmacy i have gone way beyond being cynical. LOL

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Yep the ones I buy there are dogslife...they also make low GI rolls...but...again full of seeds... I have a friend who has the same difficulty with the low GI & protein breads...I found it so difficult to stop the bread...now I have a freezer draw full of the rolls...as they are not terrible interesting as they come...now slicing them...fried bread...rubbed with garlic & any seasoning you want...so much better...even warmed slightly then toasted...good alternative for me.
I like the sound of the garlic, Bubbsie. I love my bread too but so far just limit how much I eat as I haven't found a low carb, seed free version. :)

Maddog76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good luck Maddog...7.8 is a little high...but...not massive & only just outside the normal range for T2... with some adjustments you should be able to reduce that steadily...believe quite a few of us have been a little high since Christmas...are you using any medication at the moment?...activity are you able to do some/any...been low carb high (good) fat diet for a while now...not suitable for all of us...is there any particular routine you've been following...ask what you need I've no doubt someone here will know the answer...offer advice...make appropriate suggestions.

Thanks both. I am on metformin and linagliptin, I admit I’ve been a little blasé about this until insulin mentioned! The dvla thing is a real issue for me too. I’m not as active as I was, desk jockey now instead of site based. Try to walk as much as I can during the work day.
Started small with a routine of eat in the evening then again the following lunchtime, trying to be low carb as well. Hopefully will see good results. Thanks for the input.