1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by NewdestinyX, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Gabrielle_Tai

Gabrielle_Tai Type 1 · Well-Known Member

4.7. a bit low than what i feel save.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. bangkokdiabetic

bangkokdiabetic Type 2 · Well-Known Member

this morning 5.1mmol/L 91 mg/dL Yesterday 5.4 mmol/L 98 mg/dL reasonably happy

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi
    Thank you for your kind reply.
    Fast history: my first test was 19 at the doctors. After 2 weeks of switching my diet and cutting sugar out of everything I could it then read 5.2.
    The first blood test came in at I think around 300?
    I haven’t had the second one yet.
    They gave me metforming but I don’t like being on medication so I never took it but focused on diet and some cycling.
    I now eat as little carbs as possible and I’m trying the Banting lifestyle and I have to say I do feel a lot better.
    I went and got my eyes tested and was told I had spots on my eyes but after changing my lifestyle I re visited and was told they had all gone so that was good.
    Sorry for the rushed but if history.
    I don’t eat any rubbish anymore and cook everything from scratch. I want to try and control this myself without medication.
    I’m a really strong person luckily so I can just stop things straight away if I have too.
    I have never smoked and I don’t drink, quite boring really lol.[/quote)

• Like Like x 5
  4. HarryBeau

You've obviously taken the bull by the proverbial horns Sheldon...your change of lifestyle is clearly producing results...well done...I am due a review next month...very much hoping to be in non-diabetic range & stop the last remaining Metformin...TBH honest I'm not entirely sure how much benefit I get from taking one a day...I'll discuss that with my GP...I am on a low carb high (good ) fat diet...not quite Banting...that is what really made a difference for me...mostly cook from scratch however I do have the occasional prepared meal which has to be low carb...I have reasonable control so far...now I'm focused on maintaining that...hopefully with just diet & exercise soon.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. HarryBeau

Morning...an early start for me (*&^%)...must be the anticipation of all that snow arriving (hoping it passes us by)...finally finished my accounts something I dread doing this time of the year...later a little paperwork...housework...cooking...a good long walk with 'phat' boy...then I may get some time for myself...woke to a 4.9

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
  6. Freema

Freema Type 2 · Expert

6.4 at 8:00 going in the wrong direction

• Like Like x 6
    • Hug Hug x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. HarryBeau

Freema...give yourself a little break...your control is excellent...a temporary blip nothing more...diabetes likes to throw us a curved ball occasionally.. for no reason...just because it can:banghead:.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Wayne18000

Wayne18000 · Well-Known Member

Good morning chaps and chapetts. 7.8 this morning
    Which is good for me

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

10.2 for me this morning but all good under estimated the insulin with meal last night extra given this morning and bk to normal now have a good day all

• Like Like x 8
    • Hug Hug x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

At last I got my 5s back. 5.8 this morning.
    Wow due to illnesses over Christmas and carb treats I got some nearer 10s but hoping back on track for the year.
    Its took weeks.
    Metformin counteracting codeine side affects. Hoping to lose weight this week, if no hiccup.
    Well done everyone's huge attentiveness given to your fbgs, no matter your result. Keep at it. Its worth it!

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #20470 ickihun, Jan 21, 2018 at 8:58 AM
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  11. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

I often have to back step to get a longer succession of great bgs. However 6s are still perfect. I understand why you need lower to start your rising day but don't worry. Tomorrow will be better, they always are after a few days of hard work.
    You know how your body goes by now. Work with it. I know you. You will have this in 5s by next week. No pressure just give this diabetes a good kick hun.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

Yes bad sleep pattern does effect fbgs. Your 7.9 is briliat and a result of your hard work. Continue doing what your doing as it will reduce further because of your existing efforts.
    Don't change what's working. These bgs are very slow in catching up with what's happening, now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_ Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Wishing you well @Glenmac I know from experience that weather conditions can change in a moment in Scotland so wrap up warm and take care! K

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. ziggy_w

ziggy_w Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good morning all. Blood sugars today were 5.2.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  15. Granny_grump_

@Bubbsie We took Louie and Elle to vets yesterday and got the blood test results back later same day, Louie's Struvite crystals have gone thank goodness but he must remain on the dietary food for another 3 months. Chad thought Ellie could be starting with Cushing disease but again it's not,but further investigation needed so back again today, her ear infection has cleared so we will see what happens after the blood tests.
    We thought it was an eventful day and we went shopping and had our evening meal at a local pub and thoroughly enjoyed it, but on arriving home my daughter phoned in floods of tears she looks after her sons dog for them and Benji had Cushing disease and he took ill yesterday and suddenly collapsed and died. We were all so very upset Has Benji was our grandsons and his wives baby they never had cannot tell you how upset we all are for everyone and Benji,we took them last night to a 24 hour veterinary practice has theirs was closed and they have arranged for him to be cremated has they have no garden to put him in. What a days ending is there no end to this awful new year,I know being a dog lover you will understand the upset, not everyone does.

My blood sugar at 8.10 am this morning was 6.9 and I'm not surprised! K

• Hug Hug x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. philchap1

philchap1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning everyone ,4.6 today, stay safe everyone.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
  17. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

4.7 this morning and it's snowing here.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  18. geefull

geefull Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

good morning all :)

4.2 today

bright and pretty cold here although we only got a tiny powdering of extra snow overnight.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  19. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

And that’s with tweaking down the basal last night

Have a good day peeps

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. Granny_grump_

Fantastic Cumberland hope this is an end to it all for you! K

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook