What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...not up until 6am today...busy morning...need coffee since have to pop next door and sing Happy Birthday to my little neighbour...aged eight today...saw her birthday cake last night...a huge sugar laden Unicorn...can I resist a slice?...will have to...review next week...woke to a 5.3

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
5.7 which is a minor miracle after the adventure playground that was last night! I tested just before sleep, as is usual and to my horror I was 2.3 which I hadn't noticed because I was snuggled in bed watching Bones on my tablet. Husband leapt into action procuring juice and some biccies. Scoffed the unwanted biccies (dinner was a scrumptious home made chicken casserole and I wasn't remotely hungry). Waited 20 minutes and tested - at 2.1. Now I'm getting seriously worried. Munched the emergency bag of Giant Chocolate Buttons (delicious, by the way). And 20 minutes later I've crept up to a massive 2.5. I stayed awake for another 90 minutes testing regularly until I was up to 5.5 and then settled to sleep.

Shame much loved elderly, nearly blind dog woke me an hour later begging for a cuddle. His arthritis means he can't climb up onto the bed so he always wakes me up and asks. Cuddle dog for half an hour. Go back to sleep. Then at 3.15 elderly dog says he's heard a noise and he wants to come up please. In his defence it was very windy out, and there was a lot of unusual noise.

I think I'm really quite glad to be in the office!

Now though I have to wonder whatinhell caused the hypo? I've checked the carbs, the bolus etc and can't find a reason. Weird!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.7 which is a minor miracle after the adventure playground that was last night! I tested just before sleep, as is usual and to my horror I was 2.3 which I hadn't noticed because I was snuggled in bed watching Bones on my tablet. Husband leapt into action procuring juice and some biccies. Scoffed the unwanted biccies (dinner was a scrumptious home made chicken casserole and I wasn't remotely hungry). Waited 20 minutes and tested - at 2.1. Now I'm getting seriously worried. Munched the emergency bag of Giant Chocolate Buttons (delicious, by the way). And 20 minutes later I've crept up to a massive 2.5. I stayed awake for another 90 minutes testing regularly until I was up to 5.5 and then settled to sleep.

Shame much loved elderly, nearly blind dog woke me an hour later begging for a cuddle. His arthritis means he can't climb up onto the bed so he always wakes me up and asks. Cuddle dog for half an hour. Go back to sleep. Then at 3.15 elderly dog says he's heard a noise and he wants to come up please. In his defence it was very windy out, and there was a lot of unusual noise.

I think I'm really quite glad to be in the office!

Now though I have to wonder whatinhell caused the hypo? I've checked the carbs, the bolus etc and can't find a reason. Weird!
Thats diabetes for ye