What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Went to see consultant not my usual one got my hba1c results 5.8 absolutely over the moon with that I explained that I’d not had insulin for 24hrs approx and he seemed a bit confused explained to him about weight loss and training daily and lowish carb diet
He’s sent me for GAD test which I brought up after reading a thread a member posted up on my other post turns out I’ve not had one he basically said just keep testing don’t take any long lasting insulin unless i start getting high readings in the morning and no fast acting unless I’m going high obviously after meals which I’m well aware of what to do anyway and just got to give it time now see what happens all a bit of a shock if it turns out I’m not type 1 after all
Thanks
Fingers crossed sobo

Reactions: Ymdawd and Sobo82

kevo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
all human vermin
Im on trulicity injection once a week think stopping the metformin was not a good idea

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hello once more to everyone who's not able to sleep either been awake since 2-15 am decided to get up at 3-15am BG was 6.2 having a coffee now and catching up on a series I started Macmafia,will catch up with you later! K

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
A dark and weatherless morning, can't see a thing except my trusted meter. My unpredicatable BG has decided not to throw a tantrum this morning and she's given me a morning reading of 4.2. I always feel as though the first reading of the day is a bit like going to a short-term fortune teller. Forward we go everyone:happy:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.

Tired before I start today - weird that you can have a good night's sleep and wake up tired! I'm sure the same thing goes for loads of people but that doesn't make it feel any better...

I officially love our postman! He always stops to say hello to the dogs, but yesterday when Bob told him about Dizzy he asked Bob to pick Tooty up so he could make say a special hello to Dizzy without Madam muscling in and taking over. Mind you, Dizzy is the only dog I've ever had who gets his own Christmas cards from his human friends and neighbours (especially the children) and some of them are people I hardly know!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning again it's now 8.10 am went back bed at 5.30 just tested BG again@ 7.55 it was 5.9 looks like I'm on this Merry go round for a while,wouldn't care if I was sat around but I'm never stopped,took my sister for the PIP assessment yesterday what a farce. Some 250,000 people have to be re-assest by either a nurse,physio,paramedic or occupational health no wonder it's in such a state with people having to rely on these people to work out if they qualify or not,then if they don't qualify they have to appeal through the courts which can take upto 3 months before they are seen. How do they expect people to survive without money for that amount of time,it's ludicrous. Sorry for the rant but people are going to end up in such financial situations through no fault of there own! K

Smallbrit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you based in the UK? I am and I'm hoping to persuade the consultant to give me one!! a GAD that is
My GP decided to order a GAD test for me. That was six months ago. It was on the blood draw order with my HBA1C cause the nurse had never seen the code, but NHS Wales never did it. At a follow-up appt with the GP he was annoyed, put it in the next blood draw order again and it didn’t happen, again.

I have another HBA1C blood draw tomorrow. Going to ask if it’s still in the order. So NHS Wales can refuse yet again. Grrrr.

I have hopes that this HBA1C won’t be as high as my last at 76.

6.4 this morning.