What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Hello there. Late posting due to an early start & a very busy and stressful day but fbs was down to 6.8 at 7am. As expected at annual diabetic review DN wants me to go back on statins. Have negotiated leaving them until I have MRI scan results and advice re back/hip pain as I am already taking 2 extra lots of medication and in past statins have caused painful leg cramps etc. ( Can't cope with any more pain at the moment!) Later accompanied mum to the memory clinic for 1st stage of her assessment. Mum extremely anxious and unresponsive to all attempts to reassure her on the way. Sadly didn't do very well at all on the memory test. :( Now referred for C.T. brain scan. Feeling very sad and helpless. One step at a time!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello there. Late posting due to an early start & a very busy and stressful day but fbs was down to 6.8 at 7am. As expected at annual diabetic review DN wants me to go back on statins. Have negotiated leaving them until I have MRI scan results and advice re back/hip pain as I am already taking 2 extra lots of medication and in past statins have caused painful leg cramps etc. ( Can't cope with any more pain at the moment!) Later accompanied mum to the memory clinic for 1st stage of her assessment. Mum extremely anxious and unresponsive to all attempts to reassure her on the way. Sadly didn't do very well at all on the memory test. :( Now referred for C.T. brain scan. Feeling very sad and helpless. One step at a time!

So sorry to hear of all this stress, I remember going with my dad to the memory clinic, and you’re right, its a sad and scary time. She’s still your mum underneath though, and hopefully is still comforted by a hug.
My heart goes out to you.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
@dogslife so very sorry to hear of your mums health problems at this time and your feelings of helplessness at this time is understandable coupled with your own health issues and pain. It's a terrible time for you and your mum my husband and I went through the same thing with my husbands father a few years ago,but I believe there are now medications that slow the progress down should it be the same prognosis has my father in laws. Just sending you huge hugs and hopefully they can help you both at this time. Best Wishes to you both! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
So me and my BG came home yesterday and the seditious little madam has decided a little rebellion is needed to start the day. 7.8
Oh well, onwards and downwards. I'll show her, the battle is on!!
You will win the battle this is just a small rebellion! K

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.0 @6:30

Been a week since I was diagnosed and started testing, spent all day yesterday at work between 6-7 and felt good. Now it raises more questions, but I need to think it through :)

IMG_0868.jpg

Good morning Harrison in This graph you can look up your level and se if you have gone back into non diabetic level. Note that only the green area is a truely non diabetic level and the yellow the pre diabetic level which is actually too high

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
View attachment 25677
Good morning Harrison in This graph you can look up your level and se if you have gone back into non diabetic level. Note that only the green area is a truely non diabetic level and the yellow the pre diabetic level which is actually too high
Love the colours, especially the top row

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.0 @6:30

I need to think it through :)
@HarrisonK always good to think it through but it can be a double edged sword for folks like me who over analyse. Lots of very wise people on these boards so don't be afraid to ask. Also, results don't always show up as fast as you might think so while monitoring results stay patient. Unfortunately, there will also be fairly random results which you just have to take on the chin and carry on as normal.