What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
4.8 mmol this morning. No medication. Normally around 5.2 or so but last week touched 6.2 mmol once. Not sure how to respond to this reading after my doctor suggested that my blood sugar level was a bit too low. But presumably eyes and kidneys like the lower figure.
Lovely 4.8. I like 4s

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning again. Feeling like the England Cricket and Rugby teams this winter and spring. Mumble gibberish about going through my processes and executing plans and produce epic fails! @Goonergal remember a journey of a thousand Li begins with a single step (even for bunnies). @Mbaker your numbers are impressive and the detail of static bike and weights combo was very useful. Walks off (muttering to himself marginal gains. marginal gains and tactical periodisation)

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My BG @ 7am was 7.5 and after 30 mins exercise on my bike it went up to 8.3, it always go down after exercise but today it just went up. I don't know
You did right to exercise but IMHO tested too soon afterwards. If you test again after 30 mins to an hour I would imagine bg would be lower.

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
You did right to exercise but IMHO tested too soon afterwards. If you test again after 30 mins to an hour I would imagine bg would be lower.
Thanks I tested too soon after exercise

Reactions: ziggy_w

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
5.7 this morning again. Feeling like the England Cricket and Rugby teams this winter and spring. Mumble gibberish about going through my processes and executing plans and produce epic fails! @Goonergal remember a journey of a thousand Li begins with a single step (even for bunnies). @Mbaker your numbers are impressive and the detail of static bike and weights combo was very useful. Walks off (muttering to himself marginal gains. marginal gains and tactical periodisation)
"...the sane man is nowhere at all when he enters into rivalry with the madman."

Reactions: flexi06 and ziggy_w

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. 7.4 at 9.15am. Better than yesterday's shocker of 9.1 but wish it would drop below 7. I'm blaming this concoction of pills I've been placed on --oh and stress of course! LOL I'm eating sensibly but inability to exercise isn't helping either. Off to get mum ready for her weekly luncheon club then to do my little bit of voluntary work. Have a fine day one and all.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
"...the sane man is nowhere at all when he enters into rivalry with the madman."
True but Camus was a goalkeeper, Sartre a boxer , Heidegger was just a lazy bu**er and that great philosopher M Tyson had it right about life: "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face"

Reactions: flexi06

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Diabetic Eye Screening result came back today as normal - last year had some signs of damage - another win for LCHF ( Still won't stop me doing a Buffon at my meter over fbg lately):banghead:

Reactions: flexi06 and heavyd

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Diabetic Eye Screening result came back today as normal - last year had some signs of damage - another win for LCHF ( Still won't stop me doing a Buffon at my meter over fbg lately):banghead:
ive got my eye screening next week( .im anything to get the sunglasses on me):cool:good result by the way :)

Reactions: flexi06 and ziggy_w