What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.3 this a.m first time I’ve tested in 3weeks.....not as bad as I expected as I’ve been eating to GAIN weight,and the focus had to be on food for Bob to gain weight too.He is slowly improving and able to walk short distances.The stoma nurse visited and was very helpful with dietary advice.Back to low carb for me in near future! Hope you all have a good Bank Holiday,eldest son is travelling up from Devon to stay for a week and to help .....really looking forward to his visit.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm really pleased that I keep within the "advised" ranges @ianpspurs but would like madam to be far more consistent. 4s are fine for anyone as far as I know and hope that joining you and @DJC3 on the HIIT bike lark starting Sunday will get me into the club
Should be good joining the HIIT effort. I have tracked my bg following today's effort and found that it has taken me about 1.5 hrs from first tea after my effort to come down to fbg level. The double cream in 2nd tea produced bigger fall than homemade almond milk - more fat? - but was also longer after finish. I would suggest leave it an hour after finishing to gauge the actual effect. I will be fascinated to see what your experience is.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
8.3 this a.m first time I’ve tested in 3weeks.....not as bad as I expected as I’ve been eating to GAIN weight,and the focus had to be on food for Bob to gain weight too.He is slowly improving and able to walk short distances.The stoma nurse visited and was very helpful with dietary advice.Back to low carb for me in near future! Hope you all have a good Bank Holiday,eldest son is travelling up from Devon to stay for a week and to help .....really looking forward to his visit.
@Glenmac Nice to see you back and good news about your hubby,wishing you both all the very best! Take Care Kathleen

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Should be good joining the HIIT effort. I have tracked my bg following today's effort and found that it has taken me about 1.5 hrs from first tea after my effort to come down to fbg level. The double cream in 2nd tea produced bigger fall than homemade almond milk - more fat? - but was also longer after finish. I would suggest leave it an hour after finishing to gauge the actual effect. I will be fascinated to see what your experience is.
A long and winding road. First I get the bike, then get on it and then just pedal like fury. I don't know what effect it'll have on madam but it should be an interesting journey of discovery. All your stuff about tea and cream @ianpspurs is bemusing.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
. All your stuff about tea and cream @ianpspurs is bemusing.
@SueJB I assume you peddle like fury after say 5 mins warm up and only for 30 sec bursts then take it easy for say 1-2 mins? The tea gobbledygook is about my idea to give my body an alternative fuel source after exercise rather than have my liver just do its own thing. Hope that makes sense if not sorry.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad to hear glenmac and enjoy your week with your son x

Reactions: ziggy_w and Freema

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@SueJB I assume you peddle like fury after say 5 mins warm up and only for 30 sec bursts then take it easy for say 1-2 mins? The tea gobbledygook is about my idea to give my body an alternative fuel source after exercise rather than have my liver just do its own thing. Hope that makes sense if not sorry.
I think madam could cope with that exercise regime. Ah, I see now about the tea, don't drink the stuff but have decaff coffee with cream every morning now and that has stopped my liver dump.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all
5.9 today thanks for holding the door ajar @SueJB. Maybe the 15 min hiit I did before bed helped.

@Goonergal sorry to hear you’re still not fighting fit, hope it passes soon.
@ickihun hope your son is on the road to recovery and you can get a bit of sleep now.
@Glenmac glad to hear things are improving in your house, it’ll be lovely to see your son.
@Granny_grump_ that’s really exciting, have a wonderful well deserved holiday.

@ianpspurs your results look good to me, I didn’t realise you made your own almond milk! I did my 20 min moderate cardio this morning, then took dog out for 30 mins. Bg soon after I got back was 6.3. Maybe I tested too early?
Anyway, I’ve had breakfast and I’m off to my weekly gym class soon, maybe then It’ll start to come back down.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I'm really pleased that I keep within the "advised" ranges @ianpspurs but would like madam to be far more consistent. 4s are fine for anyone as far as I know and hope that joining you and @DJC3 on the HIIT bike lark starting Sunday will get me into the club

Hello @SueJB

4s are not fine for me and I’m T1

The law states that if you are on insulin be it T1 or T2 then the minimum blood glucose level if you drive a vehicle is 5.0

You must be five to drive

If you are involved in an accident god forbid and the police ask you to do a BG test and your bloods are under 5.0 then the police could prosecute you

So drivers beware you must be 5mm to drive and on long journeys you should test every 2 hours

Being in the 4s is not ideal for drivers

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs your results look good to me, I didn’t realise you made your own almond milk! I did my 20 min moderate cardio this morning, then took dog out for 30 mins. Bg soon after I got back was 6.3. Maybe I tested too early?
Anyway, I’ve had breakfast and I’m off to my weekly gym class soon, maybe then It’ll start to come back down.
Hope the gym class goes well and your regime now makes you look like the Duracel bunny :) I just read early on don't test and certainly don't base any actions on bg for an hour after exercise. Ninjas on here may pooh pooh that but them's my onions:angelic:
As for my results, a bit meh for me - looking to optimise things. If I was reviewing my performance I would say you need to work smarter, you're getting a poor ROI. Do you want this or not? (Now have an appointment for an MRI on lumbar/spine so may sort this out and get moving properly)

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning folks. It’s a 5.5 for me this morning - green lentil curry last night.
It’s Star Wars day today “May the 4th be with you”. As James Brown said in Blues Brothers, “can you see the light?’
Our own family rebel alliance are escaping to planet Scotland today - just 34 of us for this years annual family weekend . We will return to planet England after all the daftness of the bunk off and or protest weekend has subsided.
May the farce guide you :)
FB_IMG_1525431888154.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
When is your appt? Hope you don’t have to wait too long. Your bgs are bound to be affected.
@DJC3 Thanks for the concern. ATM I can't see any effect. I was more concerned when I was told they were considering CMT. Appt is May 16. Considering I started this process to see if a podiatrist could sort out my gait/walking technique in order to speed me up it is all interesting. Hoping something not too bad is found and fixed so I can stop dithering about and put in some proper hard yards. I think lifting more weights and core work will shift the dial on bg but I am very wary till they give me the all clear on my back. Anyhow, how are you now you are becoming hyperactive?

Last edited: