What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.8 for me have a great day aĺl
FB_IMG_1502470027679.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning Diabetes Massive. My fbg is 4.8 this morning, so one weird blip aside on Tuesday, it has been in the 4s with one 3.9, for a week. Fasting may have had an impact. Sorry to hear of your gastric problems @Goonergal but 4 days to yourself and good weather should be good. @Stephenm 2 fantastic progress so well done fella. @flexi06 you are doing all the right things and the 4 club is nothing special but we have your space reserved along with @SueJB and @DJC. @HarrisonK, hope the Bank Holiday is a good one for you and remember the Bill Walsh mantra the score takes care of itself - i.e. its all about continually doing things the right way (although having Joe Montana obs helps!.) I keep missing out @ziggy_w who alerted me to B Bilkman so much in her debt for that. Finally, @geefull will obviously turn in stellar numbers, @dunelm will talk high quality sense and @alf_Josiah will talk.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks. It’s a 5.5 for me this morning - green lentil curry last night.
It’s Star Wars day today “May the 4th be with you”. As James Brown said in Blues Brothers, “can you see the light?’
Our own family rebel alliance are escaping to planet Scotland today - just 34 of us for this years annual family weekend . We will return to planet England after all the daftness of the bunk off and or protest weekend has subsided.
May the farce guide you :)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and those who wear shoes wif laces.
A 6.5 from me this morning.
May you all have have good weekend, as Mr @dunelm said may the 4 be wif you.
Edit
Sorry no challenges arrrr me hearties.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 Cycling done HIIT today for 30 mins hitting 96% HR max according to oxymeter. Waiting for an hour to elapse for bg reading. Pushed up to 5.7 so I am hoping that is liver pumping out fuel and tea will help bring it down, being external fuel. Any ninjas out there know if I have this right? Almond milk tea lowered to 5.4 now seeing what double cream tea will do! Back down to 4.8 and hour after start of teas. Whether this proves my theory or not will not matter 1 jot to HbA1c :)

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Rant away @dogslife watching a parent suffer is stressful however much of a trooper you may be. @Stephenm 2 if that fbg is typical you will be fine but best wishes anyway.
Morning all. Thank you ianspurs. I will keep my post short this morning! 6.9 at 8.30am. Enjoy your Friday and the coming weekend folks.:)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 11.7 this morning with sore throat from little ones scarlet fever but I've had double figures for weeks now. Dn said no amount of insulin will solve anaemia tiredness and sleeping problems. So trying my best.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning folks. It’s a 5.5 for me this morning - green lentil curry last night.
It’s Star Wars day today “May the 4th be with you”. As James Brown said in Blues Brothers, “can you see the light?’
Our own family rebel alliance are escaping to planet Scotland today - just 34 of us for this years annual family weekend . We will return to planet England after all the daftness of the bunk off and or protest weekend has subsided.
May the farce guide you :)
Have great time dunelm

Reactions: Cumberland

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@SueJB, good numbers so chill? I am no expert but surely as a type 1 those are good numbers and continually going into 4s could have its own issues?
I'm really pleased that I keep within the "advised" ranges @ianpspurs but would like madam to be far more consistent. 4s are fine for anyone as far as I know and hope that joining you and @DJC3 on the HIIT bike lark starting Sunday will get me into the club