What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good morning a nice 4.7 this morning my BGs were a bit weird last night I had two baked potatoes with cheese I went to 13 and took 4 units of novorapid before bed i had a slice of toast at this time my BG was 9.6 half an hour after the toast I was 6.6 then when I got into bed I was 7.6

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 4.9 today - odd kind of number to like. I should like it but can't work up any enthusiasm. @Goonergal have as good a day at work as is possible. @Mick1959 I think the key to any off piste foods is to identify what is really worth it for you and find the best example of that food you can - sounds like you got it spot on. Cooler today but May to early October is officially shorts and polo shirt season which has to be a winner imho.

Edit: My number 1 off piste food is Yorkshire pudding cooked under a large beef joint but only homemade. That was my number 1 Christmas wish list item. Controlled conditions produced well under 6 @ 2 hrs so its a keeper tradition, Tried a few LC Yokshires and they were not good.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and the dripping sink that has taken up residence again in the bathroom.
A 6.5 from me this morning.
Just hoping that the driping taps family are not hiding round the corner waiting to take a residence as well.
Have a good one folks.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 which reflects a good day yesterday (although that doesn't always follow as the beast does like to keep us on our toes!!!). Happy as Larry with that. Hoping to get plenty of steps registered on my fitbit today. Clothes shopping with my son. He is so indecisive. We will be in and out of about 100 shops before he decides on an item. I tbought i was bad!! Still it will get me to my 10000 steps in record time me thinks!!!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Know the feeling @flexi06. Madam's higher than yesterday 6.3. Kicked out of the gang of 5s. I put it down to the stress of being in London and poor me and madam are working there again today. Great little number again @Goonergal

6.2 today, seems to be creeping up.

@flexi06 good attitude, at least it’s a downward trend. It’s sometimes a complete mystery to me too.

@SueJB I’m hanging around outside the door to the 5s club with you. Perhaps if we knock louder we’ll be allowed back in.

@Goonergal great number, all that walking and having fun in the sun has obviously been good for you.