What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning lovely ones. @Freema, yes poor sleep pushes mine up I think too- hope u get some soon. @Goonergal- how lovely- we all like to get away with stuff- it’s so uplifting and fun and as you obviously (by your transformative pics) don’t do it all the time- it’s even better. A week earned lucky break.
Well my fbg was an acceptable 7.0 -a little on high side for my liking but very ok considering I ate commercially made spring rolls with a quite late dinner last night. Probably won’t again. In the end they weren’t “ worth the carbs” (my new constant mantra) have a marvellous day everybody x

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 today.
Much earlier reading than usual, @Freema I feel your frustration about not sleeping.
I’ve been awake for ages just fretting about the day. Our house goes on the market today, 6 prospective buyers booked in so I need to go round one last time cleaning, polishing, hiding junk and laundry bins.
Had our windows cleaned Wed and they were beautifully sparkly, now every one of them has bird poo on it.

Just as I get back in the 5s door SueJB you beetle off to the 4s! Well done!
@Goonergal blimey! Good going, I could easily eat a whole bar too, its great you have remained in 4s.

Last edited:

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Everyone, I hope you are all feeling well and your finding this Forum a big help, as there is always someone who will of been through whatever you are going threw so just ask for some assistance with your current situation and someone will come to your aid I assure you, as this is what makes this Forum work so successful, day after day, as it does work!!!

My BGL's this morning at 06:30 hrs were 8:5 and I found that by having breakfast before my walk lowered them even more as 2 hour later my second BGL' were 6:4 so all in all a great morning but then I went to bed as I work again tonight so sleep dur.ing the day again.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 today.
Much earlier reading than usual, I’ve been awake for ages just fretting about the day. Our house goes on the market today, 6 prospective buyers booked in so I need to go round one last time cleaning, polishing, hiding junk and laundry bins.
Had our windows cleaned Wed and they were beautifully sparkly, now every one of them has bird poo on it.

Adding a hug too!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
5.3 today.
Much earlier reading than usual, @Freema I feel your frustration about not sleeping.
I’ve been awake for ages just fretting about the day. Our house goes on the market today, 6 prospective buyers booked in so I need to go round one last time cleaning, polishing, hiding junk and laundry bins.

Just as I get back in the 5s door SueJB you beetle off to the 4s! Well done!
@Goonergal blimey! Good going, I could easily eat a whole bar too, its great you have remained in 4s.
Hey @DJC3 I might see you tomorrow you in 4s or me in 5s. .... either way, we're both doing well :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.3 for me today bit too low for me have a great weekend all
FB_IMG_1526104419713.jpg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from the land of Brummy- is is it Brummaay?
4.5 this morning. For those interested in these things:
0730 - mug of tulsi tea and a glass of water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
0900 - black coffee made in a cafetière
0930 - a baby bell cheese (CAUTION - BIT OF LACTOSE) and two Brazil nuts. Glass of water
1000 - set off on my motorcycle
1130 - motorway services - two boiled eggs and some spinach leaves from M&S and a black coffee
1300 - motorway services - water
1400 - National Memorial Arbouratum - black coffee
1530- Arrived in Brum (200 miles ish) - tea with milk -SECOND BIT OF SUGARY STUFF - MILK HAS LACTOSE IN IT.
1800 - Dinner - fillet steak cooked in butter. Mushrooms and asparagus cooked in butter, steamed green beans.
Two large glasses of red win
2300 - glass of water, bed.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all from the land of Brummy- is is it Brummaay?
4.5 this morning. For those interested in these things:
0730 - mug of tulsi tea and a glass of water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
0900 - black coffee made in a cafetière
0930 - a baby bell cheese and two Brazil nuts. Glass of water
1000 - set off on my motorcycle
1130 - motorway services - two boiled eggs and some spinach leaves from M&S and a black coffee
1300 - motorway services - water
1400 - National Memorial Arbouratum - black coffee
1530- Arrived in Brum (200 miles ish) - tea with milk -FIRST BIT OF SUGARY STUFF - MILK HAS LACTOSE IN IT.
1800 - Dinner - fillet steak cooked in butter. Mushrooms and asparagus cooked in butter, steamed green beans.
Two large glasses of red win
2300 - glass of water, bed.
Morning dunelm

Stephenm 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all
7.4 this morning that’s really high been on a course all week with them feeding us. All bread and pasta based buffet but back on the wagon this weekend bar a few cheeky G&Ts tonight it’s been a long week have a good weekend folks

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning.

Had a curry last night but my sin was indulging in a half of a krispy kreme peanut butter donut... I know, lots of naughtiness in a chocolate covered ball :happy:

Well it was my birthday and I kept a close eye on my bg which was 5.9 before, 7.2 after 1 hr, and 5.1 after 2 hrs. It was worth it :rolleyes:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 today when usually 5s and sometimes 4s. The culprit me thinks is that piece of chocolate fudge cake I devoured on reaching my 40lb loss goal on Thursday. I had my hba1c blood test done that day and not due one for 6 months so had a bit of a mad moment. Or 2.... as I was caught with spoon in hand about 11pm tucking into another bit!!! You reap what you sew in this game!!!

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 5.1 today.

@JohnEGreen -- Hope you had a grand time on your wedding anniversary.
@HarrisonK -- Happy belated birthday.
@DJC3 -- Wow, another reading in the 5s. Really impressive run of low fasting levels. Brilliantly done.
@Goonergal -- Impressive results after having a whole chocolate bar. You are definitely doing something right.