What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
A little confused here, why is that worrying? Mine was 5.8, and I'd rather see a lower reading, but I'm being punished for having a decent meal consisting of cauliflower, chicken, tomatosauce with cream cheese and a bit of onion rather late last night. Enjoying my morning chai with cream now :hungry:

Worrying because I take very powerful medications which raise my blood sugars etc. The serious liver doctors are happy with any reading below 10. Have a look at my profile and all will be explained. For me diabetes is a side effect not the main problem.

I am very concerned about the very low blood sugars some members are chasing, but it's not my business. Personal experience has taught me to ignore diabetic nurses, I have been given so many conflicting piece's of advice by them, in their defence they have no experience of people with my medical background.
Hope that goes some way to explaining things.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.0 don’t know what’s going on but I wish it would stop.
@DJC3 I had a run of higher than I wanted fbg numbers but the daily averages were fine so a chill pill should work! @Goonergal is currently having readings outside her comfort zone and others have times when this happens. Having your house on the market can be a bit like baring your soul to strangers so stess/cortisol will be rampant. You come across as one strong mofo so full steam ahead and **** the torpedoes! :) (where's Tom Petty when you need him?)

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Worrying because I take very powerful medications which raise my blood sugars etc. The serious liver doctors are happy with any reading below 10. Have a look at my profile and all will be explained. For me diabetes is a side effect not the main problem.

I am very concerned about the very low blood sugars some members are chasing, but it's not my business.
@alf_Josiah I read the earlier post and knowing a little of your main concerns was tempted to offer an explanation but you have very eloquently done the job.
I agree that chasing low numbers for their own sake is a fool's errand. Personally, bg levels are one warning light on my health dashboard. I am after the full panoply shining nice and green and moving the dial on bg seems to be doing that job. More bloods around June 15-20 should give me an idea of where to go next but it is the whole picture I am after not bg in isolation. My instinct is that the more "woke" posters are on the same wavelength. Anyhow, them's my onions:)

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)

I am very concerned about the very low blood sugars some members are chasing, but it's not my business. Personal experience has taught me to ignore diabetic nurses, I have been given so many conflicting piece's of advice by them, in their defence they have no experience of people with my medical background.
Hope that goes some way to explaining things.

Thanks for explaining alf_josiah. I'm just a straight forward T2 without any major complications, as yet, so the reason I asked is I'm using all you forum members to educate me :) My lowest FBG reading was 3.8, which is a bit on the low side, and not something I'm aiming for. I'm happy somewhere in between 4.5 and 5.5, and hope that's a sound and reasonable request for the T2 gods to consider, hence my surprise.
I'll check out your profile. After all you know your own body best.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning.
Got back yesterday from a few days away on my bike. Covered 1500 miles (258 yesterday), went to two BBQ’s, drank copiously from the vine, sat in the sunshine wearing shorts and no socks and slept in until 0830 - these things might be mutually exclusive but like the toss of a coin, don’t bet on it. :)
Enjoy your Sunday :D

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs and @alf_Josiah thanks for your replies.
I record food on Carb&cals app and bs on MySugr app, but I must say I don’t always weigh everything. My small handful of nuts or 10g cheese may well turn out to be 50g I suppose. That is my goal for today - get back to weighing and stop being vague.

I think the house move is probably stressing me too. Not just the constant cleaning and trying to live in a showhome, but the thought of moving at all - this has been a family home for 50yrs, I grew up here and after my mum died and it became too big for dad we bought it off him so he could downsize. There are so many memories attatched to the house but all my family apart from my children have died now so there’s nothing to keep us here and we decided to move to Cornwall where 2 of my daughters live and my grandchildren. It’s the right decision I’m sure but I know I’ll be in bits when the time to leave arrives.

Sorry for rambling a bit but thank you for your caring responses.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

after a lovely warm sunny day yesterday it's looking a bit grey out there and we had rain earlier, optimistically I'm sort of planning a barbecue if the weather holds.
Nice low carb sausages and chicken plus a few bits of red pepper, a few little potatoes for mr gee and his mum and a big salad. White chocolate mousse and strawberries for mr gee and mum and sugar free jelly and rhubarb for me ;)

Hope you're all having a good day :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 You offload away on here we love y'all bigly:angelic: I am fully on the same page re terroir and deliberately moved "back home" once my first child was born. There seems to be a kind of symmetry going on between our life paths. You are setting off on a journey into new lands and I am after welding everything I have learned over 3 years into some coherent mix of spiritual, physical and dietary whole. In my case I think I am a very slow learner and should have had this sorted by age 30 whereas you seem a very bright lady - over the internet seems weird to say but love ya loads!:angelic::angelic:

Last edited: