What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Pretty good it’s an excellent number (5.1) some diabetics would kill to get a number like that

I hope you aren’t on insulin and don’t live in the UK and drive a car otherwise a reading under 5.0 means you are breaking the law by driving

If the above does not apply then please ignore otherwise you have excellent control

I’m not meaning to rant sorry
Thanks I tend to worry if im over the 4s in the morning I am on insulin and live in the uk but I can’t drive in fact if never had driving lessons but I’m glad you think 5 is a good number as I said I tend to worry a lot then again my range is 4-7 so im in range :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Thanks I tend to worry if im over the 4s in the morning I am on insulin and live in the uk but I can’t drive in fact if never had driving lessons but I’m glad you think 5 is a good number as I said I tend to worry a lot then again my range is 4-7 so im in range :)

5 please don’t worry about being in the 5s

Reactions: ziggy_w

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My consultant told me to keep my ranges between 5.5 -10 i do get shakey when im in the low 5s i actually feel great when im around 7/8 .but like you say people have different tolerances i will never understand this diabetes but i have learned to live with it(not that i have a choice)i do the best i can and thats all we can do x

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
My consultant told me to keep my ranges between 5.5 -10 i do get shakey when im in the low 5s i actually feel great when im around 7/8 .but like you say people have different tolerances i will never understand this diabetes but i have learned to live with it(not that i have a choice)i do the best i can and thats all we can do x

Exactly Karen

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Finger prick at 7.7 I had a TERRIBLE night. Yesterday was dexcom sensor change day, except that it didn't work properly so I had to stay up late watching it, then decided at 2:30am to change it again. Still waiting for it to wake up (so I won't even get to eat my full breakfast). I also did two pump changes, got no sleep (apart from when I accidentally dozed off), had a ridiculous unexpected high in the middle of the night for no reason (well probably stress and/or sleep deprivation) so spent about an hour walking around getting it down, and I didn't get to sleep in my bed which my mum made nicely for me (she even tucked in my stuffed animals). I would be grumpy but I'm too tired. :arghh::bigtears::depressed: Hope the rest of you survived the night better than I did.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Goodnight everyine sleep well
FB_IMG_1527713081961.jpg