What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, or what’s left of it. 6.2 this morning.
Wine gums. Who opened a pack of wine gums and left them lying about like a shiny Pandora’s box with sound effects; “go on, what’s the harm, you know you want some, we are your favourites, your friends, your comfort blanket of wonderness.”

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
After a very restless night ... because my dear Mother passed away yesterday afternoon, my bgl was still only 5.6 but
I am all out of sorts with this surreal feeling of watching mum take her last breath ... and I don't feel like eating .. so I may be up and down with my levels today :(

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
After a very restless night ... because my dear Mother passed away yesterday afternoon, my bgl was still only 5.6 but
I am all out of sorts with this surreal feeling of watching mum take her last breath ... and I don't feel like eating .. so I may be up and down with my levels today :(
So sorry for your loss x

Reactions: Freema

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

So sorry for your loss, it is a surreal feeling when someone passes, I took comfort from watching my father pass. Sending you a hug

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am sorry for your loss and sympathise it pulls you up short as they say

Reactions: ziggy_w and Mal37

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning everyone, a bit low @ 2.9, no reason just the joys of diabetes lol.
2.9 must be pretty scary I had 2.7 once it was very scary for me and at the time I was quite new to treating hypos I used m&ms as treatment which didn’t work very well probably got me to about 3.0 after 30 mins I then ended up sending my mum to the shop to get Capri suns I drank the Capri sun and my BG finnaly went up

Reactions: Prem51 and Freema

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
I’m sorry for your loss :(

Reactions: Prem51

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
2.9 must be pretty scary I had 2.7 once it was very scary for me and at the time I was quite new to treating hypos I used m&ms as treatment which didn’t work very well probably got me to about 3.0 after 30 mins I then ended up sending my mum to the shop to get Capri suns I drank the Capri sun and my BG finnaly went up
I have no hypo awareness so feel normal, tried running bloods higher but told that because I've had type 1 for so long awareness won't return.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Am so sorry for your loss :(

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
I am sorry for your loss and sympathise it pulls you up short as they say
She was due to come out of hospital on Bank Holiday Monday and was so happy, after 11 weeks in there, but she took ill in the early hours of that Monday with pneumonia .. which of course was too much for her to fight :(

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
So sorry for your loss, it is a surreal feeling when someone passes, I took comfort from watching my father pass. Sending you a hug
I have spent four years being her carer johnpol, whilst she was at home, so I feel lost as well as devastated right now. Thank you for your words x

Reactions: johnpol and flexi06

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

@Mal37 my sympathy for your loss- take care sweetie xx

Reactions: ziggy_w and porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I have no hypo awareness so feel normal, tried running bloods higher but told that because I've had type 1 for so long awareness won't return.

I have the same problem. T1D for 46 years (WOW). Zero hypo awareness. Just looked at my libre and 2.9 grrrr, jelly babies to the rescue. Woke up and my fbs was 7.3. Going to adjust my morning ratio for tomorrow :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people

So sorry for your loss. I lost control of my diabetes for over a month when my mam passed away (27 years ago). Tough time for you. Try and keep your bloods under control hun xx