What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Finger prick at 7.7 I had a TERRIBLE night. Yesterday was dexcom sensor change day, except that it didn't work properly so I had to stay up late watching it, then decided at 2:30am to change it again. Still waiting for it to wake up (so I won't even get to eat my full breakfast). I also did two pump changes, got no sleep (apart from when I accidentally dozed off), had a ridiculous unexpected high in the middle of the night for no reason (well probably stress and/or sleep deprivation) so spent about an hour walking around getting it down, and I didn't get to sleep in my bed which my mum made nicely for me (she even tucked in my stuffed animals). I would be grumpy but I'm too tired. :arghh::bigtears::depressed: Hope the rest of you survived the night better than I did.

It's so easy to click that 'hug bear', but here are a couple of very sincere cyber hugs. Don't know if they are any better than the bears ... I hope you can manage to get a bit of a kip later on.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's so easy to click that 'hug bear', but here are a couple of very sincere cyber hugs. Don't know if they are any better than the bears ... I hope you can manage to get a bit of a kip later on.

Thanks for the bears and the hugs! I slept for about 20min in the morning but woke up to correct a falling blood sugar, so not much rest. At least my sensor is working ok, so fingers crossed for some decent sleep tonight.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all 5.4 for me today. I am not happy with that BUT 2 for days now I have slept to 8.20 which is very late for me and found well above trend fbg. I think this all means some mischief is occurring inside me sufficient to produce those side effects and not much else. As it is wet this morning and heavy thunder forecast for tomorrow it looks like a couple of days with plenty of fluid, box sets and accepting poor numbers. :arghh:

5.4 is pretty cool but I understand it’s above normal for you - hope ur not coming down with something.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all.

Yesterday, we had loads of rain. The city was under water. The shopping mall flooded, the roof of a gas station collapsed and up to a meter of water in the streets downtown. There were no trains running between my place of work and where I live, so my husband had to go and get me. (Really empathizing with the people who live in the lower parts of the city.)

@DJC3 -- Thanks for your kind words. I am trying to hang in there. Just another five weeks of classes followed by three weeks of final exams and things will get better. Your blood sugars have really dropped noticeably -- doesn't it feel as if it goes in stages? Actually, I get close to 6, too, if I eat more (especially protein) and don't work out -- so I figre this is pretty normal on a low carb diet. So, if I want to stay around 5 nowadays (used to be easier a year ago), I generally have a relatively big breakfast, and a very light dinner, about an hour of strenuous walking to the train station and back (or on days when I am not working half an hour on the ellipsis machine).

Blood sugars were 4.6 this morning.

Edited for grammar.

Where abouts in the world are u zigs?

Reactions: ziggy_w

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finger prick at 7.7 I had a TERRIBLE night. Yesterday was dexcom sensor change day, except that it didn't work properly so I had to stay up late watching it, then decided at 2:30am to change it again. Still waiting for it to wake up (so I won't even get to eat my full breakfast). I also did two pump changes, got no sleep (apart from when I accidentally dozed off), had a ridiculous unexpected high in the middle of the night for no reason (well probably stress and/or sleep deprivation) so spent about an hour walking around getting it down, and I didn't get to sleep in my bed which my mum made nicely for me (she even tucked in my stuffed animals). I would be grumpy but I'm too tired. :arghh::bigtears::depressed: Hope the rest of you survived the night better than I did.

Oh dear, laying here feeling sorry for myself for being so ridiculously tired after a fairly tame walk and reading your post does tend to put things in perspective- you poor thing - I just thought to myself “well at least you don’t have to go thru that ****” bless u sweetie xx

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all

4.4 yesterday when my mobile log wasn't working and 4.2 today.

Today is my diaversary , two years ago today I was given my diagnosis. Mr. Gee and I are currently in Italy on holiday and I will enjoy a glass of dry red in honour of the occasion and would like to thank you all for your help and support on my journey. Wishing you all a buon giorno
Gee

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Good morning all, 5 for me today. Hazey sunshine here, out to plod the boreens of Tipp. Have a fine one.

Yes have a nice stroll.
Boreen Pegs Cottage.jpg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and to all who attempted yesterday's challenge may you have a good day.

A perplexing 8.9 for me this morning, but I lowered my insulin dose by 2 units due to being on a course of aunties biotics called Ciprofloxacin which are supposed to increase the risk of hypo's, therefore today I may lower my insulin dosage by 1 unit, life sure is fun.

Today should be fun and games for me and my mates chaos and mayhem, we have a walk in the park planned then who knows where we will end up, whoops forgot it's 1/2 term around here, them there teachers sure do get under your feet......3rd childhood is great, you can run them bossy teachers ragged hehehehe.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
It’s very difficult trying to get the balance right Karen
You see if I get a reading of under 4.5 I’m very wary and eat some carbs sometimes even a little higher than that I can go hypo I have seen it happen

The obsession of being sub 5.0 is not healthy to any newbies looking in on this thread and may discourage them from posting be it a high reading, but that’s just my opinion and I know we’re all fighting our own individual battles and have our own targets but as far as I’m aware the minimum target range is 5.0
I agree that those new or even seasoned should not be obsessive about numbers - but I am personally (which can be annoying) as it is part of my personality. I think setting goals that are small, such as 0.5 drops initially are realistic. Overall removing as many high glyceamic foods and drinks as possible is perhaps more important.