What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all...6.2 this morning.... no wine last night ....and a very low carb , moderate calorie, physical working day....so does that mean that the NHS alcohol guidelines may be somewhat out of whack or am I missing something? ...Anhow have a great day if you possibly can....

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and to those of a shy timid disposition Boo.
A 6.9 for me this morning coinsides wif an oversleep as well.

Unfortunately today Mrs J and myself will be attending the cremation of a very old friend and work colleague. I keep telling myself I must try and behave, it ain't gonna be easy.

Have a good one folks and will someone please try behave for me because I'm bound to fail in someway, shape or form.
tell all the other alfs to be good just for today then double up with chaos and mayhem tommorrow ;)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Good morning all.

@DJC3 -- Sometimes alcohol seems to lower fbgs, sometimes it doesn't. Can't always make sense of it. I really enjoy the taste of dry red wine, and sometimes only having water can get a bit boring.
@flexi06 -- The way I understand it, alcohol inhibits the release of glucose from the liver. (I think the bigger issue for T2s might be that it can contribute to fatty liver.)

Blood sugars were 4.9 this morning.
I need to do some research on this .... they say that more than one glass of wine per day has a negative affect on health but you know they say an awful lot. ( and a lot of it is only half the truth or worse, a believe system held in place by a modicum of science)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 4.7 today and yesterday was an eating and sitting around day. Looking for rhyme or reason with this condition is enough to make a Bishop swear:angelic: Yesterday was a 4.9. The only difference from my recent higher fbg numbers has been earlier rising and testing - which used to be the norm.
Ten days of longer sleep, lower weight and higher bg all round then 2 days of less sleep, higher weight and lower bg. :banghead:

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Blood sugars today were 4.4.

@OrsonKartt -- I did actually have a look at some of these studies and it seems as if we could have up to two glasses of wine a day and the risk is still the same as having no wine at all. Having one glass of wine of day, lowers the overall risk of dying. (Of course, men can drink a little more than women.)

Have a great day all.

Edited for wording.

Last edited: