What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all
6.3 this morning, better than yesterday I suppose but still don’t know why I was booted out of the 5s club, thought I was getting on well there and following the club rules.

@ianpspurs so glad your fasting has paid off, lovely low number today.

@Goonergal I hope you manage your long day after such a rubbish night.

The dog is hiding from me as she knows I’m going to try to take her out now in this wet windy greyness.

I’ve joined you back in the 6’s

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone - Greetings from a Brit living in Switzerland. I’m a ‘newbie’, both to diabetes and the forum. Since being diagnosed 5 months ago, it’s been a rollercoaster trying to find the ideal combination of meds & insulin to bring my readings down and not cause tummy upsets (I’m being diplomatic - go figure)! :-(
My morning reading at 0515 was 6.7. This time last week it was 9.8!

Welcome @Ally Pally You’ll find lots of help and advice and friendly encouragement on here. Have you visited the newly diagnosed section?

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are mystified by the unpredictability of blood sugars.

A low 5.4 for me this morning. Grrrr on the positive side breakfast might just be a bit more interesting this morning.

The end of my 5 day weekend so werk for me tomorrow, have a good one folks.

Ally Pally

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The colour pink!
Welcome @Ally Pally You’ll find lots of help and advice and friendly encouragement on here. Have you visited the newly diagnosed section?
I’m working my way through the App and will definitely visit the newly diagnosed section - when I find it. There so many sections to browse!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A gorgeous morning here today so watering hanging baskets and crops before first bucket of tea. 4.8 fbg (tested before seeing to chickens and dogs) so ok but nothing special either way. @Goonergal sorry to hear about your cramps and the buses reference was good. @DJC3 as Mr Geldorf said you can see no reasons cos there are no reasons:angelic: Don't sweat the small stuff ( you wouldn't find me wondering about such things:wideyed:) @dunelm who really cares about slightly higher bg when you have grandsons to play with and second childhood's to live out?

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been absent for a couple of days but 5.8 this morning and happy in the knowledge that my first HbAc1 came back at 40.

I finally have something to put in my signature box... if only I could lose weight ;):happy:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Been absent for a couple of days but 5.8 this morning and happy in the knowledge that my first HbAc1 came back at 40.

I finally have something to put in my signature box... if only I could lose weight ;):happy:
Great result @HarrisonK you must be pleased as Punch (or Judy we are an equal opportunities community)

Last edited:
Reactions: flexi06 and Freema

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone - Greetings from a Brit living in Switzerland. I’m a ‘newbie’, both to diabetes and the forum. Since being diagnosed 5 months ago, it’s been a rollercoaster trying to find the ideal combination of meds & insulin to bring my readings down and not cause tummy upsets (I’m being diplomatic - go figure)! :-(
My morning reading at 0515 was 6.7. This time last week it was 9.8!
Welcome Ally Pally

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just been to see Dora the diabetic nurse. HbA1c 38, cholesterol 3.2 everything else they test for is within the range of what they term “normal” - hopefully they are not referring to Norfolk. My feet are still tickly. :)

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all, been away for a couple of days. BG 5.3 as it was yesterday. Been at this range for a few days, mainly because i have been missing out on the floor exc/ weights. And my daily average has been creeping up against a backdrop of loosing weight. What are you going to do. Dull here, light exc and short walk today. Have a good one.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just been to see Dora the diabetic nurse. HbA1c 38, cholesterol 3.2 everything else they test for is within the range of what they term “normal” - hopefully they are not referring to Norfolk. My feet are still tickly. :)
Great news @dunelm but one I would expect from a gentleman of your impeccable taste. As for the NFN comment I always thought it was vicious until I was given a "signing on fee" to teach there and saw the challenge:angelic:

Reactions: flexi06

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great news @dunelm but one I would expect from a gentleman of your impeccable taste. As for the NFN comment I always thought it was vicious until I was given a "signing on fee" to teach there and saw the challenge:angelic:
I was going to comment on how easy the 12 times tables comes to them but better not - Oops! :woot:

Reactions: flexi06

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets

Well done Mr, you might want to also put this result in the success thread, as this is good motivation.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Great result @HarrisonK - what was it when first diagnosed.
I struggled with weight coming off but then started making beef bone broth and just sipping on that throughout the day and a meal at night with minimum carbs - bit nuts but it did the trick for me to kick start weight loss. Oh, and a lot of staggering through the park.
Good luck. :)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

sun is out just now although we had gale force winds and rain yesterday. Perhaps some strimming today if it garden dries up enough, we got half of it done after our hols so it's currently half shaggy and half buzzcut ;)
Have a good day everyone :)