What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

coolish again here last night with a chill wind, looking better already this morning so probably some gardening at mum's. Perhaps a dog walk too, (though she doesn't like it when the weather is too hot ).

Hope your weekend is going well ;)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Drum roll........
The results are in: Hba1c officially measured at 44
Down from 66 on 14 May
I’ll take that. I would have preferred something beginning with 3 but the test was a couple of weeks ago and this is huge encouragement after a tough few weeks.
What an amazing result! That is a reflection of all your hard work. Well done.

Reactions: flexi06

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I went out for a 3 course meal last night and BS up this morning at 6.2. Pate and toast! Lamb Henry with lovely veg and cheese board (crackers) there was chutney involved but not much. I enjoyed every mouthful. It was low carb ish but the ish has had an impact. I tested last night when I got home and i was 5.5 so thought I had got away with it! Should have known better haha!!!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OK I am now starring in the film The Discombobulation of Ianpspurs - out now in all good cinemas and some frankly execrable ones. Yesterday was spent exercising at a spa leisure complex and eating low carb. Worked a treat on weight - 1.4 pounds lower today - but not on bg 5.5 today which is higher than yesterday and well above trend or what it is when I am functioning properly. I'll let this play out for a day or two incase its a virus/bug BUT here's the thing for others: sometimes you follow the rules/advice for managing this condition and it doesn't work out but long term it will so don't ditch the approach.

'frankly execrable' - love it :) (might try to work that into conversation next time the s**t hits the fan ;)

For myself I have found that, since I lost most of my 'obese' weight buffer (BMI is now around 25.7 -26.5), then following a heavy day of 'exercise' my fasting reading is often a bit higher, also if I have my big meal at lunch or in the afternoon and don't eat much in the evening - which seems counter-intuitive in some ways, but, my liver just seems to perform that way so I'm trying ( :sorry:) to give up worrying about it too much.

My liver pushes out more glycogen when 'it' feels there is or may be more demand (doesn't sound so odd putting it that way ).

So I agree with you, doing those things is probably a good strategy for results long term, if a bit disconcerting in the short term :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
'frankly execrable' - love it :) (might try to work that into conversation next time the s**t hits the fan ;)

For myself I have found that, since I lost most of my 'obese' weight buffer (BMI is now around 25.7 -26.5), then following a heavy day of 'exercise' my fasting reading is often a bit higher, also if I have my big meal at lunch or in the afternoon and don't eat much in the evening - which seems counter-intuitive in some ways, but, my liver just seems to perform that way so I'm trying ( :sorry:) to give up worrying about it too much.

My liver pushes out more glycogen when 'it' feels there is or may be more demand (doesn't sound so odd putting it that way ).

So I agree with you, doing those things is probably a good strategy for results long term, if a bit disconcerting in the short term :)
@geefull Thanks for that helpful info. I think I may be down to a low buffer level now bmi Friday and today 21.5. However I had my main meal at lunchtime yesterday and fbg was 4.8. Right result but doesn't fit the glycogen need theory.

Last edited:

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 starts my day on a positive.
I’m nervous. First DN appointment later and getting blood test results- first since diagnosis.
50 days ago I didn’t know what Hb1ac was - this morning it is the first thing on my mind.
Wish me luck.

Ohh good luck, today will give you your starting point. Hope it’s a nice low one.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Drum roll........
The results are in: Hba1c officially measured at 44
Down from 66 on 14 May
I’ll take that. I would have preferred something beginning with 3 but the test was a couple of weeks ago and this is huge encouragement after a tough few weeks.

Oh really fantastic Rhubarb73, this is a brilliant lowering - well done

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 which im.over the moon with for the following reasons:

Prosecco festival yesterday! Out from 12 noon. 4 glasses of prosecco for lunch! And some olives. After it finished at 5pm the 6 girls didn't want to go home so we sat outside at an Italian pizzeria (You know what's coming now!). What do you think they served ONLY PIZZA. JUST PIZZA. NOTHING BUT PIZZA. it was one of the ladies choices and I didn't want to do the 'But I'm diabetic' malarkey. So I thought what the hell. Not had pizza for 6 months! Shared a pepperoni. I've had better! But it was nice sitting in what I can only describe as the Mediterranean sun!!! Scorchio! Accompanied by a glass of wine and oh yes a slice of garlic bread! I didn't test before or 2 hours after as the alcohol had kicked in and I forgot. Tested when I got home at midnight and was 5.8. This morning 5.2. It's done now. If I do pizza again it will be dominos!!! Isn't this weather unbelievably good!!

Last edited:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 which im.over the moon with for the following reasons:

Prosecco festival yesterday! Out from 12 noon. 4 glasses of prosecco for lunch! And some olives. After it finished at 5pm the 6 girls didn't want to go home so we sat outside at an Italian pizzeria (You know what's coming now!). What do you think they served ONLY PIZZA. JUST PIZZA. NOTHING BUT PIZZA. it was one of the ladies choices and I didn't want to do the 'But I'm diabetic' malarkey. So I thought what the hell. Not had pizza for 6 months! Shared a pepperoni. I've had better! But it was nice sitting in what I can only describe as the Mediterranean sun!!! Scorchio! Accompanied by a glass of wine and oh yes a slice of garlic bread! I didn't test before or 2 hours after as the alcohol had kicked in and I forgot. Tested when I got home at midnight and was 5.8. This morning 5.2. It's done now. If I do pizza again it will be dominos!!! Isn't this weather unbelievably good!!

Wow this sounds amazing , must have been the wine too doing the trick and maybe the fats in the pizza