What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Getting into a routine now 4.1 at bedtime last night eat a few carbs 5.2 this morning. but am putting weight back on going to start stepping my prednisolone back down to 10 mg a day

Stepping down the pred ? Wif or without sanction I wonder ? Decreasing in stages , 2 or 5mg steps or the big drop ? Good luck.

Reactions: Cumberland

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who dance the light fandango wif hobnail boots on hehehehe

A 6.6 for me this morning.

Yesterday I was taken to RHS Wisley by Mrs J and most enjoyable it was, but playing carspotting on the M25 was much more entertaining.
Today for me is a day of computer rebuilding, tyre inflating, earbashing a firm that are late on delivering some woodworking components and most importantly keeping out of Mrs J's way. I squandered all the brownie points I earnt yesterday last night.
Have a good day folks I will if allowed.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Nice cool start here today but predicted to rise to a very nice 24/25 later. 5.6 for me today so no need to panic but worth monitoring. Getting all my key markers in a row is proving a problem. Resting pulse rate now 60, sleep more unknown as fitbit picks up restlessness from Mrs P. Hope all goes well for @Ziggy2017 and @dunelm France obviously suits you sir - just to be nosey whereabouts are you? @DJC3 Really pleased everything went well for you yesterday.
@ianpspurs thanks I’ll update later

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Ian
I’m on top of the world today ( in spite of slight hangover) can’t stop smiling.

Hope you get to grips with your personal stats. Resting pulse of 60 is brilliant, don’t think mine’s ever been that low.
@DJC3 definitely allowed slight hangover in light of great news yesterday. My resting pulse is 55-58 when fully functioning but compared to many on here I am doing fine - I just like to make unicorn egg omelettes

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Stepping down the pred ? Wif or without sanction I wonder ? Decreasing in stages , 2 or 5mg steps or the big drop ? Good luck.
Thanks and its definitely in stages been taking preds a long time now I know what can happen took me months to get down to 10 mg per day from the 40 mg daily I was on before. And was a big blow when I had to go back up to 20 mg so will be very careful.

Edit to add yes its sanctioned neuro never wanted me back up at that level indefinitely and latest blood tests are showing up the odd problem if he could he would now try and get me off them altogether but I think thats a bit optimistic.

Last edited: