What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Hi all so this morning I would give an update on what’s going on basicly I went to the dr and he wanted to discharge me my mum insisted we had to get this looked at so he said I’ll have to send a sample in. If it comes back normal they’re going to discharge me if it’s abnormal they are gonna do a scope. TBH I’m not very happy with that

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all so this morning I would give an update on what’s going on basicly I went to the dr and he wanted to discharge me my mum insisted we had to get this looked at so he said I’ll have to send a sample in. If it comes back normal they’re going to discharge me if it’s abnormal they are gonna do a scope. TBH I’m not very happy with that

Goodness, that doesn’t sound very thorough. What are they testing for exactly?
Most lab tests are very specific and you need to know what you’re looking for in the first place. There are so many things that could be causing your pains so just because one test is negative doesnt mean there isn’t something else happening.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Goodness, that doesn’t sound very thorough. What are they testing for exactly?
Most lab tests are very specific and you need to know what you’re looking for in the first place. There are so many things that could be causing your pains so just because one test is negative doesnt mean there isn’t something else happening.
@DJC3 they are testing a stool sample if nothing comes back they are discharging me though my mum says she’s gonna take me to the GP and get a referral

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 they are testing a stool sample if nothing comes back they are discharging me though my mum says she’s gonna take me to the GP and get a referral

Ziggy do you know what test they are asking for? I only ask as I was a microbiologist in my professional life and there is a basic screen for food poisoning organisms but a lot of extra clinical info would be needed for other less common organisms to be tested for.
Also a microbiology request would not give you biochemistry tests, for instance looking for blood in your stool.
( and vice versa, a biochem test wouldn’t give you any micro results)

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Ziggy do you know what test they are asking for? I only ask as I was a microbiologist in my professional life and there is a basic screen for food poisoning organisms but a lot of extra clinical info would be needed for other less common organisms to be tested for.
Also a microbiology request would not give you biochemistry tests, for instance looking for blood in your stool.
( and vice versa, a biochem test wouldn’t give you any micro results)
@DJC3 I have no idea what they are testing for they just said if it’s normal they won’t do anything else

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 I have no idea what they are testing for they just said if it’s normal they won’t do anything else

That’s a shame, is there any way you can find out what they susoect?
I think your mum is right to request a referral.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning lovelies- I have been very lax with the “reporting” side due to plateauing weight loss and becoming a bit demoralised- but still eating lchf and only a slight on and off reduction in walking. But I believe the reporting keeps you focused so I must get back to it. Besides, I missed you all and have been wondering about all your health and humour. Today I was 5.9. I hope all my posse are well and lovely and have good numbers that you are happy with. See u all tomorrow xx