What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Morning all. I’m not good today. Physically battered but emotionally struggling.
After a tough day yesterday I caught up with some friends. The wine was flowing. I felt fine but stood up and immediately the blood went from my head and then my legs and I fell flat on my face. That has never happened to me before in my life.
I’m scarred, bruised, scared, embarrassed. It’s a lesson learned. I’m so upset. I’ve been doing so well for 2 months and I go and do something stupid!
Oh and 6.5 to add insult to injury.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fantastic morning here - sun streaming down, pigeons cooing, miles of orchards and cereal fields full of produce. I have seen to chickens and dogs, watered food and flowers now for tea. 5.2 for me today so below the "100 line". @Goonergal back with a great fbg. @JohnEGreen hope the lower fbg doesn't translate into problems.
@karen8967 notice you were shattered last night - hope you slept the sleep of the just. The only sleep better is the sleep of the just after:angelic:
i had a great sleep thanks .i had been to albert dock yesterday as loads going on markets vintage cars music fairground rides so spent a few hours there then met up with brother in law and his wife so had to have a few drinks just to be sociable though ;)off to see grandsons soon as they have just got back from holiday and cant wait to see them so enjoy the rest of your day :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. I’m not good today. Physically battered but emotionally struggling.
After a tough day yesterday I caught up with some friends. The wine was flowing. I felt fine but stood up and immediately the blood went from my head and then my legs and I fell flat on my face. That has never happened to me before in my life.
I’m scarred, bruised, scared, embarrassed. It’s a lesson learned. I’m so upset. I’ve been doing so well for 2 months and I go and do something stupid!
hope your ok rhubarb73 its happened to most of us at one time or another and this heat doesnt help either :nurse::)

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Sorry to hear about your tumble. I hope you are ok.
I know with myself, when I am low carb, excercising and cutting calories, my blood pressure can be really low. As low as 80 / 50. Which means when I stand up the room spins. Just a thought, and maybe something worth checking.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
I know with myself, when I am low carb, excercising and cutting calories, my blood pressure can be really low. As low as 80 / 50. Which means when I stand up the room spins. Just a thought, and maybe something worth checking.
Thanks- will check it but generally my issue is high blood pressure. I’m putting this episode down to stupidity - maybe I can learn from it.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine

So I just checked and it’s 117/69 (median) which isn’t super low but is very low for me (i average 135/82) so opens up the possibility that it did crash last night. Not going to take my Ramipril today. Will also be avoiding the red, white and rosé.

Reactions: flexi06

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic morning here - sun streaming down, pigeons cooing, miles of orchards and cereal fields full of produce. I have seen to chickens and dogs, watered food and flowers now for tea. 5.2 for me today so below the "100 line". @Goonergal back with a great fbg. @JohnEGreen hope the lower fbg doesn't translate into problems.
@karen8967 notice you were shattered last night - hope you slept the sleep of the just. The only sleep better is the sleep of the just after:angelic:

Right back in the zone there Mr P. Well done.

Reactions: flexi06