What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Afteringnoon all, late on parade again, busy, correction very busy morning, 50 mins plinky plonky ( keyboard ) practice, then orf to see a gp who I have nicknamed Dr Death, very unpleasant session, with my complex medical history one cannot look at ones problem in isolation, I finally got that message across along with a few others. Then back out into the waiting room for serious blood tests where the A1c is almost an afterthought.
Then Mrs J took me food shopping and then home for a late lunch.
Blood sugars this morning were 5.5, so able to drive ( myself to distraction ).
Anyway have a good afternoon folks?
Ps blood results in liver clinic in the middle of August.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
very unpleasant session, with my complex medical history one cannot look at ones problem in isolation, I finally got that message across along with a few others. Then back out into the waiting room for serious blood tests where the A1c is almost an afterthought. .....
Ps blood results in liver clinic in the middle of August.
Thoughts, prayers, best wishes - whatever gets you through the night - with you @alf_Josiah. I think we share a joke now and again but that all sounds like a period of **it just got real. Hope all results come back as you need them.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Had a long discussion with the pharmacist this morning regarding co-trimoxazole and the total prohibition of my favorite tipples alcoholic ones that is and after much discussion and him spending some time interrogating his computer we came to the conclusion that although it will widen the side affect profile the odd glas would be OK but if I find that it causes tachycardia or extreme headaches or vomiting then I should not carry on drinking alcohol, and go back to a teetotal life style.

So Merlot and other similar beverages are back in my arsenal of weapons to fight high BG.

Hooray for the local friendly pharmacist. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a long discussion with the pharmacist this morning regarding co-trimoxazole and the total prohibition of my favorite tipples alcoholic ones that is and after much discussion and him spending some time interrogating his computer we came to the conclusion that although it will widen the side affect profile the odd glas would be OK but if I find that it causes tachycardia or extreme headaches or vomiting then I should not carry on drinking alcohol, and go back to a teetotal life style.

So Merlot and other similar beverages are back in my arsenal of weapons to fight high BG.

Hooray for the local friendly pharmacist. :)
Sounds like you had a winner there @JohnEGreen
d9urnKSM1lV_jUezs_6gPMiD-TYcn2mznsf47y81lVDE8vM3UWBg9L1KD92rrYzXFzH9sarddhJWJZWp-SsDU6iX8uSfEvREFdaJpWw9umhz9yXXIuTuBBq_vbad40uJJzliqGdh

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-23_17-25-4.png
    upload_2018-7-23_17-25-4.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 172

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Many thanks all for your thoughts and other bits.
To @JohnEGreen cheers first drink for a couple of weeks for me also tonight, enjoy your tipple, as I am.
Alf

Reactions: karen8967

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. It’s 4.1 for me this morning as I prepare to head off for work. Always feel I’m missing out not being able to join in all the chatter during the day - enjoy catching up when I get home though. Have a great day all.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all....A friend came round last night with a chilled bottle of Champagne.... my sugars this morning are 5.8 which is higher than the last few days and shows me clearly what sort of effect just a couple of glasses of wine has on me. Mind you its not the end of the world , its sunny and I'm sipping on a BP coffee figuring out what has to be done today .... Best thoughts to all..... look after yourselves.....

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
6.0 today. According to MySugr my 7 day, 14 day, 30 day and 90 day average for all tests is 6.3.
Consistent, although a slight downward trend would be nice, I keep getting my chart out to remind myself that 6.3 is normal, and I’ll be quite happy if it stays there all year.