What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Up just after 5am...didn't sleep that well just too hot here...up to 33c again today so I'll be hiding at home with the curtains closed...car off to have her brakes done this morning...that's always an anxious time (waiting for the mechanics bill) ...woke to a 5.8.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 4.9 at 0800. Due to eating a large prawn coctail with avocado for supper and two ice cold glasses of rose. Well I did iron all those shirts in the blistering heat yesterday. I dont know what to do with the garden anymore. The grass is gone and two of my Palms are dead, any shrubs I planted this year are not doing well. I do a thorough watering every other night but on free draining sandy soil and facing south its not enough. Also I am on a meter. We havent had rain for at least 8 weeks. I told my family I will do a rain dance in the buff when it does come.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all....A friend came round last night with a chilled bottle of Champagne.... my sugars this morning are 5.8 which is higher than the last few days and shows me clearly what sort of effect just a couple of glasses of wine has on me. Mind you its not the end of the world , its sunny and I'm sipping on a BP coffee figuring out what has to be done today .... Best thoughts to all..... look after yourselves.....
That is a friend indeed! Dont feel guilty, still good FB.

Reactions: DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Up just after 5am...didn't sleep that well just too hot here...up to 33c again today so I'll be hiding at home with the curtains closed...car off to have her brakes done this morning...that's always an anxious time (waiting for the mechanics bill) ...woke to a 5.8.
I might do the same Bubbsie especially between 12 and 3. Yesterday I had loads to do and got so hot. My poor cats are beside themselves. I keep putting ice cubes in their water bowl.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

pretty hot during the night again here so not the best sleep. It's going to be hot again today here according to the forecast. Off out to take mum to get her blood pressure checked this morning so we will probably have lunch out together ;)

Stay safe everyone :)

and @karen8967 enjoy the break and best wishes to your son :happy: