What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
5.1 for me this morning.... I had a couple of glasses of whisky and a couple more of wine last night prior to supper.... upon reflection this mix is not recommended. ....

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today after the 4s yesterday but this is 4 hrs later and I really needed sleep more.
Exactly 6 months ago fbg was 4.4 and day average was 4.5 plus I found out at eyesight test bdr had gone. In those 6 months I have faffed about with more OMAD, multi day fasting and keto recipes and foodstuffs than ever before. All it seems to have done is lost me more weight - probably muscle - and produced worse results.
Point of this? If you have a WOE and exercising that has been working for you think twice about changing things. Seemingly, bodies are delicate little ecosystems. Long autumn and winter ahead of me to undo things or at best incorporate the best of both.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
5.8 today after the 4s yesterday but this is 4 hrs later and I really needed sleep more.
Exactly 6 months ago fbg was 4.4 and day average was 4.5 plus I found out at eyesight test bdr had gone. In those 6 months I have faffed about with more OMAD, multi day fasting and keto recipes and foodstuffs than ever before. All it seems to have done is lost me more weight - probably muscle - and produced worse results.
Point of this? If you have a WOE and exercising that has been working for you think twice about changing things. Seemingly, bodies are delicate little ecosystems. Long autumn and winter ahead of me to undo things or at best incorporate the best of both.

It better to have tried and lost. Your research was successful and not wasted, you have found out what works and doesn't work for you.
Well done for trying and posting your conclusions.

Reactions: Freema

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen
It was 20 years ago today Sgt Pepper taught the band to play.
It was 49 years today I started my apprenticeship at British Aircraft Corporation.
And most of all
It was 40 years today I married Mrs J...
She must love me, she made the tea this morning.
After a celebratory excellent Indian last night my blood sugars were 6.2 this morning.

Have a good day folks. Mrs J intends to.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It was 49 years today I started my apprenticeship at British Aircraft Corporation.
And most of all
After a celebratory excellent Indian last night my blood sugars were 6.2 this morning.

@alf_Josiah Hearty congratulations to yourself and Mrs A_J who may indeed be a saintly lady. Judging by the snippets of your health issues and the tenor of your posts she matches the official reasons for marriage to a tee:)
Thirdly, it was ordained for the mutual society, help, and comfort, that the one ought to have of the other, both in prosperity and adversity.

M

Moggely

so @ianpspurs do you think it's your change of diet that is causing higher numbers?.I hope it gets better for you soon.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Hello. Very late night/early morning. Too old to party like that
FBG of 5.4 although it's possible that this is just an illusion and I'm still asleep. In fact I probably should be.
Lunch is the new breakfast.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs that is very good advice. I cant seem to balance weight loss with reduced BG either. The standard advice would probably be eat more fat but I am already eating as much fat as I am happy with not because of cholesterel worries but due to digestion issues personal to me. Ideally I eat breakfast, lunch (both small) and supper but I usually adapt around what the family are eating. Once No 2 son goes back to Uni I am going to do a meal plan for me every week and stick to it. I also believe chopping and changing things doesnt work. Consistency is the key. I hope!

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.6 today. Great day yesterday at Dads 80th. Some old family friends we hadn seen for 30 years.
Nice morning here. Long walk in the countryside for me.
@karen8967 belated birthday wishes.
@PenguinMum I was aware of your situation re previous operation. And clearly you know where you are at. I think if the situation ever arises with me where insulin is been touted, I would jump in sooner. But I may be underestimating the difficulties big time.
Hope everyone is well, have a great Sunday.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone :)

4.6 today

raining just now but forecast promises improvement :)

Looking to have a good walk later weather allowing.

Chicken, bacon and veggie bake in a cheese sauce today followed by a few strawberries and greek yoghurt for afters.

@karen8967 belated Happy Birthday from me, glad you enjoyed it :)
@alf_Josiah and the mrs. congratulations on your anniversary ;)

Hope your day treats you well :)

Last edited:

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
And most of all

Happy anniversary both, a big to Mrs J lol

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
And most of all

Happy Anniversary and Congratulations

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs that is very good advice. I cant seem to balance weight loss with reduced BG either. The standard advice would probably be eat more fat but I am already eating as much fat as I am happy with not because of cholesterel worries but due to digestion issues personal to me. Ideally I eat breakfast, lunch (both small) and supper but I usually adapt around what the family are eating. Once No 2 son goes back to Uni I am going to do a meal plan for me every week and stick to it. I also believe chopping and changing things doesnt work. Consistency is the key. I hope!
@PenguinMum You have enough to contend with without reading advice from a dipsh&t like me:arghh:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 5.6 today. Great day yesterday at Dads 80th. Some old family friends we hadn seen for 30 years.
Nice morning here. Long walk in the countryside for me.
@karen8967 belated birthday wishes.
@PenguinMum I was aware of your situation re previous operation. And clearly you know where you are at. I think if the situation ever arises with me where insulin is been touted, I would jump in sooner. But I may be underestimating the difficulties big time.
Hope everyone is well, have a great Sunday.
Good man @Canvaspic. Those times are like gold dust. I always remember swapping attendance at an evening event with my deputy for my dad's 80th. He was gone within 6 months so I always feel grateful to that man for swapping.