What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 6.8 at 09.45. I was also awake at 6am but decided to lie on because it was Saturday and cold! Yesterday all I ate was
Breakfast: Flaxseed roll and butter, Tea.
Lunch: cheddar (small amount) lettuce, tomato and cucumber all on 9inch plate.
No snacks
Supper: 1 pan fried seabass fillet, tenderstem broccoli. 2 squares 85% chocand handful walnuts. Half bottle dry rose wine. (Tested before bed 5.3).
I just cant think any of that is excessive but if I try missing meals (IF) I get lightheaded.
Anyone got ideas? Maybe Like @ianpspurs the meter isnt my friend
Anyway have a good Saturday everyone.

I think a fasting c-peptide would give you some info on your current predicament. Low numbers may confirm your fears, but a high number means you have wiggle room. Probably not what you want to hear, but knowledge is power I think. Hope I haven’t spoken out of turn. All the best.

Reactions: Cumberland

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
That really made me think of this
Donald Rumsfeld. There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don't know we don't know.
No offence but it really hits the spot with what I feel about all this:angelic:

No offence at all!

I think one of the biggest problems is when folks try "selling" their believe systems as facts . This includes the NHS guidlines and many courses on nutrition . ( Including one from the open university I did which really is a disgrace) ....

This just doesn't relate to diabetes but other aspects of medicine too where the power ratio of doctors / patient is extremely unbalanced and the advise of the highest paid person in the room is taken as fact...

Hey ho... - do your own research I've found to be the best advise....

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think a fasting c-peptide would give you some info on your current predicament. Low numbers may confirm your fears, but a high number means you have wiggle room. Probably not what you want to hear, but knowledge is power I think. Hope I haven’t spoken out of turn. All the best.
Thanks @Canvaspic you have not spoken out of turn. Dont know if you are aware of my 50% pancreas functionality and as soon as I get an HbA1c above 48 I was told it would be insulin control. Not what I wanted to hear but next HbA1c will tell. Currently 37.

Geoffno6

8.6 at 6am 8.1 at 11am. My 3rd libre didn’t connect when I put it on last night so I’m in happy land because those numbers aren’t too bad for me but... I know the DP would have shot them up to 11 or 12 for a few hours like it does every day. Does that come under a known unknown? Anyway it’s Saturday, Mrs No6 is away Brownieing so it’s me versus the BG for the next 24 hours.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good afternoon everyone I can’t remember yesterday’s blood sugar but we had a great day yesterday we went into Chester and had a Pret A Manger I had a Swedish meatball wrap and a Diet Coke then afterwards we walked around the shops. We wen5 to my brothers apartment for dinner but I didn’t like the pasta he had cooked and decided I didn’t need any dinner as I had had a Cadbury’s Snack bar and we were having birthday cake for my little brother I did end up eating two small packets of mini cheddars but when I went back to the hotel at eleven and checked my BG it was 4.2 I only had 7 up free or I would have had a sugary drink so I ended up eating 3 packets of sugar that are meant to go in coffee or tea I’d had 1 but I went to 3.9 so I ate the other 2 as well

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from the other side of the Atlantic, 5.3 this morning. Apple cider vinegar at bedtime seemed to make no difference but alternate days of intermittent fasting seems to be helping lower the levels.

Daughter and son-in-law want to go to a biryani place today for lunch (my son-in-law is from south India and lived in Hyderabad for 10 years before coming to Canada. Biryani is his favourite food.) I can't have biryani (of course) but there are lots of meat options on their menu available for me. Got to run to the fitness store to buy a stand for my dumbbells.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning all from the other side of the Atlantic, 5.3 this morning. Apple cider vinegar at bedtime seemed to make no difference but alternate days of intermittent fasting seems to be helping lower the levels.

Daughter and son-in-law want to go to a biryani place today for lunch (my son-in-law is from south India and lived in Hyderabad for 10 years before coming to Canada. Biryani is his favourite food.) I can't have biryani (of course) but there are lots of meat options on their menu available for me. Got to run to the fitness store to buy a stand for my dumbbells.

Chronically Cat, I love Indian food and everything spicy. Btw, I do eat biryani but in moderation. I find I can tolerate half a cup of biryani and have other meat and vegetable dishes to go with it otherwise I will be hungry.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Chronically Cat, I love Indian food and everything spicy. Btw, I do eat biryani but in moderation. I find I can tolerate half a cup of biryani and have other meat and vegetable dishes to go with it otherwise I will be hungry.
And at least the omelette would be OK.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 thanks for the advice earlier re cardamon in curry and cumin. This time I doubled tbe recipe and I dont think that always works to double all the spices. I quite like cardamon but its star anise I find can be overpowering. Most of all thoughthanks for the encouragement and validation which I sometimes need because I doubt myself too easily. Theres nothing for it but to carry on regardless......x

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
having a really lovely birthday just getting ready to go for a meal with the family not sure were we are going as its a suprise so it will be a guestimate bolus for me anyhow enjoy your weekend everyone :happy::hungry:
Happy birthday and enjoy your suprise

Reactions: karen8967