What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Blood sugars today were 4.7.

@philchap1 -- Thanks for kind wishes. We had lots of fun in Antwerp. Also enjoyed the road trip to Antwerp in a convertible, sunny weather and 30 degrees.
@shelley262 -- Hope you enjoy your shopping and find some great stuff for your vacation.
@Canvaspic -- Hope you have a successful appointment with your doctor.
@N-D -- Welcome to the thread. Glad you joined us. Great fasting numbers, btw.
@alf_Josiah -- Glad to hear the surgery went well.
@Cumberland -- Great to see your fbg back under 10.
@Emma_369 -- Congrats on your first fasting levels under 5. Brilliant achievement.
@OrsonKartt -- So sorry to hear about your loss, what a terrible ordeal for both you and your son.
@Prem51 -- Hugs. So sorry to hear that you lost two brothers.

Last edited:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
I am so sorry to hear that Orson...the funeral I went to last week was a friends who had mental health problems too...she didn't get the help or support she needed & was entitled to either...while it's painful to address....it's a subject that's not broached often enough...there is a scandalous lack of resources for mental health services...particularly acute mental health services.
sadly also a lack of openness and honesty among the medical profession and then theres the medication ...I could go on .....

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 today. Lowest for some time so that's really good. Even had a 4.8 yesterday. Very happy.

Update on PR
I've sent another wonderfully inspirational story (And photos that show the journey so well) to the PR team. They will hopefully be able to add it to the booklet before it gets added to DCUK social media sites. I'm also adding it to our own one (the original) when my daughter gets a minute. Back teaching now and her free time is very limited.

If anyone would like their story adding just let me know. The more the merrier in my opinion. Good hard evidence the LCHF woe works so well.

I asked the PR team about approaching 'this morning' to get on prime time tv. 10 or so of us. Sitting with Holly and Phil. Telling our story. It's not rocket science putting this beast into remission. It just takes focus, determination and a certain way of eating! We can spread that word. PR team are going to do this so we will see where it goes. I would have contacted them myself but coming from the PR team will have more clout!

Waiting to hear from my surgery re what they think about all the info I delivered on Monday. It will take time for them to digest and discuss obviously. I so hope I get a positive response.

I wrote to MP Tom Watson. It appears he has been inundated since he came out as having reverse this diabetes with low carb diet. He is actively looking to change things. I also wrote to Dr David Unwin.

So that my little bit if chat for today folks. Have a good day.

Update from PR team = Charlotte summers is in Canada and designers on holiday hence delay on our booklet getting linked on social media sites.

Last edited:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
wow thats great cumbs although i hope you feel ok as i know thats a bit low for you like me i feel dead shakey at that level :)

Hello sweetie I was shocked with that figure first thing

I had a cuppa and 2 ginger nut biccies

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello sweetie I was shocked with that figure first thing

I had a cuppa and 2 ginger nut biccies
so glad for you my morning numbers havent been too bad but they have been steadily rising throughout the day while away i actually dont think the warm weather agrees with my levels but hopefully get some better control now im back....we can all live in hope. once again so glad your numbers seem to be behaving my friend :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
so glad for you my morning numbers havent been too bad but they have been steadily rising throughout the day while away i actually dont think the warm weather agrees with my levels but hopefully get some better control now im back....we can all live in hope. once again so glad your numbers seem to be behaving my friend :)

It really is a never ending battle
My recent fasting readings have been high

I hope that your readings improve for you and that stability settles in

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 again for me this morning.

I hope everything goes OK this morning. I have to drive across the city (the traffic here in Toronto is terrible) to take my 92 year old dad & his walker to visit my my 90 year old mom who lives in a long term care/nursing home. (They live apart because of her Alzheimer's). She's been fairly good lately, her Alzheimer's has been stable the last while, not progressing much lately and has settled in. Although they speak on the phone daily, they really look forward to these weekly visits and he's been feeling better with his legs (poor circulation) and able to go see her.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@OrsonKartt ...I've just read your account of yours sons death which left me reeling...what a chilling indictment of our 'mental health services'... how could that happen...what a beautiful boy...what an avoidable f*****G tragedy.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 again for me this morning.

I hope everything goes OK this morning. (They live apart because of her Alzheimer's). She's been fairly good lately, her Alzheimer's has been stable the last while, not progressing much lately and has settled in.

I spoke too soon. She just called me thinking she was in the hospital. Her higher level of pain this morning has made her confused . (She has multiple compression fractures in her back (severe osteoporous because of lifelong lactose intolerance and several falls) . I called them and called her back to explain to her she'll get more pain medication after she eats. (Their doctor and their physio will also see her.)

Reactions: Freema