What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My mother's mother was born in Michigan (her parents immigrated from the Netherlands), and my mother's older sister moved to Iowa when she married. I still have lots of cousins out there. I have a friend who grew up in Nova Scotia.
After I read your post earlier tonight I called my friend in Michigan and left a voicemail saying we have got to make that road trip we've talked about for decades -- guess where I'm gonna say we should go! :)

How interesting. I know that there are a lot of Dutch in Iowa (my mom did her undergrad at a Dutch Reform college there and now lives a long term care home run by the Dutch Reform - she is not Dutch at all and an Anglican). It really is a small world in so many ways isn't it? :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How interesting. I know that there are a lot of Dutch in Iowa (my mom did her undergrad at a Dutch Reform college there and now lives a long term care home run by the Dutch Reform - she is not Dutch at all and an Anglican). It really is a small world in so many ways isn't it? :)

My thoughts exactly! :)

My mother's sister who moved to Iowa when she married did so because the man she married was from Iowa, of Ulster-Scots descent. Or at least his adoptive parents were.

FBG 6.2 for me again this morning but who knows what my BG is now since I jumped off the wagon and ate a chocolate mug cake with my second mug of coffee. :(

Oh, dear, 8.5 @ 90 minutes after the mug cake. I hope I'm not the only one who knows what it's like to stab a finger while balancing a cat on my lap and trying to type on a laptop balanced on the teddy bear. Ah, Sunday morning ...

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all 4.7 today. I was meant to go see a show last night but my chest started playing up so I wasn’t able to go I’m not sure whether it’s my tachycardia playing up or a bad chest infection so sending a sample in tommorow next Tuesday is my birthday and next Sunday is my birthday dinner so if I have an infection I have to get better before next week have a nice day everyone

You have a nice day too, Ziggy2017. Hope you feel better soon to celebrate your birthday. Keeping my fingers crossed for you sweetie.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Monday morning from a lovely warm Greece
5.4 bg this am - higher than normal but given travel and odd time disruption (Greece is 2+ hours ahead and very early flight) it’s doing excellently.
Plans for today includes walk to local Archaelogical sites in thassos town this am and then swimming this afternoon - hope everyone has a good day.

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 6 today. late night snack as I was 5.4 beforehand.
Sun not up yet, but promises to be a nice one. Going to do only home gym this week to see any difference.
My sis was around yesterday, and was telling me of the crisis hitting the Slimming World community. Muller light yogurt have been downgraded from Free to 1 Syn. I thought it was a bit of a joke, but it apparently it made the news and was covered in lots of the papers.
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1018678/Muller-light-slimming-world-syns-syn-free
And how one Irish facebook user was taking the #mullergate news
https://m.facebook.com/ptpaddy/

Have a good Monday all.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
You have a nice day too, Ziggy2017. Hope you feel better soon to celebrate your birthday. Keeping my fingers crossed for you sweetie.
Thank you @Keesha my mum is taking a sample down to the drs today looks more like a chest infection as I’ve been having mild temperatures