What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 yesterday which I was pleased about as I nibbled a few crisps at the school reunion!!! And i had a local bakery curry (with cauliflower rice). No idea what was in it, but it was exceedingly good!

5.5 today. Happy with this too as yesterday for my dinner I succumbed to some left over hot pot (left the crust, didn't have the mushy peas or red cabbage!). Not been that close to a potato in months. There were beads of sweat dripping from my forehead and I wrestled with myself before eating. The baddy on my left shoulder won. 5.0 before taking the first bite and 10.2 after 2 hours. It was quite a big plateful. All I can say is it's a good job school reunions only come around every 20 years!!!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning.

Grey overcast here, Looks as if it could rain again any minute (evidently it did before I woke up). 73 degrees F/23C here in the SE US.

Hope you all are having a good day!

Where do the cool Fingers of Steel T-shirts come from? I like them.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afteringnoon folks.
A full late proper roast last night and a 6.9 this morning.

Been busy this Morening then lunching with nearly girlfriend number 3 and hubby, so that's this evening's blood sugars shot.
Abnormality returns tomorrow.....

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Where do the cool Fingers of Steel T-shirts come from? I like them.
They are available from dcuk:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/shop/clothing

Screenshot 2018-09-24 at 17.39.17.png

Geoffno6

9.3 this morning after a v carb free day on Sunday. Been off Metformin since Friday cos my B12 is low and I had mega tingles in my legs and feet all week. The tingles have now pretty much subsided apart from the occasional what feels like stinging nettle stings on my calf’s and feet.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone
5.5 for me - higher than normal for me but I blame the huge quanties of Greek tomatoes and onions had in my salad yesterday bgs were ok after meal which was doused in olive oil but clearly did have some impact. They were very sweet and delicious and I have very few tomatoes and onions these days normally. There was additional chargrilled onions on pork souvlaki too - again sweet and delicious! Mind you I so enjoyed them! Well worth a bit of a raise.
Another walking, exploring and swimming island day today but thinking of all you who are working today.