What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...shattered today...tough evening last night...I got four questions right on University Challenge...so intellectually depleted now...I would have got more right if I understood the rest of the questions:banghead:...cold here...am I going to admit defeat & turn the heating on...dammed right I am...woke to a 5.4

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
5.9 this morning. Last night for supper I managed to eat 9 chipolatoe sausages ( is that how you spell it?) and a delicious corgette and cheese bake. Its this time of the year and the temperature drop I think. 6 degrees here this morning.....

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning

For dinner yesterday had steak mushrooms and fried tomato then when I tested after eating bloods were at 9.9
weird. So 5.2 this morning is pretty good I think.
Likely the tomatoes John...they can be very sweet...great overnight reduction.

Reactions: ding79

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.7 this morning. And so cold! Thought I’d get till at least Mid October before having to scrape the ice off the car :(
Emma...I hadn't thought of venturing outside until you mentioned that...my heating is on for a little while to take the cold edge off the house...I'll think about de-icing the car when I have to...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:arghh:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.3 today is the unsubstantiated claim from the meter. @shelley262 many envious members scraping windscreens and enriching fuel providers here in Blighty. Onions and tomatoes, sine qua non of Mediterranean diet in my mind and biggest struggle/gripe I have with LC. All a game of risk and reward methinks and those meals and that location are heavily skewed to reward IMHO.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Hello. Sorry I’ve been a little quiet on here - after a busy weekend including a lot of activity in other social media environments helping the good Dr M spread his message I now have a tooth infection to deal with.
My numbers are therefore a bit meaningless right now and I’ve woken to a 7.5.
I don’t need hugs, just a dentist and then a dark room to lie down in.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello. Sorry I’ve been a little quiet on here - after a busy weekend including a lot of activity in other social media environments helping the good Dr M spread his message I now have a tooth infection to deal with.
My numbers are therefore a bit meaningless right now and I’ve woken to a 7.5.
I don’t need hugs, just a dentist and then a dark room to lie down in.
Hope the tooth issues is soon resolved and very unsure how to rate this as you eschew hugs. Which Dr M were you bigging up - note not witch:angelic:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 this morning. Last night for supper I managed to eat 9 chipolatoe sausages ( is that how you spell it?) and a delicious corgette and cheese bake. Its this time of the year and the temperature drop I think. 6 degrees here this morning.....
Chipolatas are teeny tiny Orson...so in real sausage terms you only had two and a half in total...modest by any standards:)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 seems to be the new norm for me whatever time I eat or exercise.
Amazingly it’s a lovely sunny day in Cornwall after so much rain the last couple of months. Havent ventured out yet though, perhaps I should dig out scarf and gloves just in case.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m a maths teacher I’m looking for cyclical trends and general trends I keep my readings on an excel sheet with notes about temperature food stuffs, my other ailments.. we maths geeks love this stuff with analysis and graphs :)
I was a Computing/IT teacher so I expect a system failure most days:angelic:

Last edited:

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hope the tooth issues is soon resolved and very unsure how to rate this as you eschew hugs. Which Dr M were you bigging up - note not witch:angelic:

Toothie problems are my second least fave.. out of all my ailments, I think I’ve handled the big ones well. Tonsillitis and tooth ache are my top two worsed least fave ones. Luckily after a particularly nasty throat thing which went on for 6 weeks I only ever get throat things before a cold now

Be brave @ianspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I should have said GEEK AND PROUD !
You sound like a normal, well adjusted human being. I have observed and rated many Maths lessons and usually felt like crying for the poor kids and the teachers afterwards. Bet I would have loved your lessons and more importantly, so do the kids @Goacher55

Last edited: