What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Toothie problems are my second least fave.. out of all my ailments, I think I’ve handled the big ones well. Tonsillitis and tooth ache are my top two worsed least fave ones. Luckily after a particularly nasty throat thing which went on for 6 weeks I only ever get throat things before a cold now

Be brave @ianspurs

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m a maths teacher I’m looking for cyclical trends and general trends I keep my readings on an excel sheet with notes about temperature food stuffs, my other ailments.. we maths geeks love this stuff with analysis and graphs :)
Some thirty years later I am still trying to come to terms with long division...as for fractions...my nightmare from school days.

Reactions: ding79

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Hope the tooth issues is soon resolved and very unsure how to rate this as you eschew hugs. Which Dr M were you bigging up - note not witch:angelic:
Thank you.
Malhotra- attempted silencing by PHE for promoting LCHF.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello. Sorry I’ve been a little quiet on here - after a busy weekend including a lot of activity in other social media environments helping the good Dr M spread his message I now have a tooth infection to deal with.
My numbers are therefore a bit meaningless right now and I’ve woken to a 7.5.
I don’t need hugs, just a dentist and then a dark room to lie down in.
Hope you feel better soon

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9.3 this morning after a v carb free day on Sunday. Been off Metformin since Friday cos my B12 is low and I had mega tingles in my legs and feet all week. The tingles have now pretty much subsided apart from the occasional what feels like stinging nettle stings on my calf’s and feet.

I Think it is a High number for a person eating very low carbs, how low did you go yesterday ? If you stay that High on a very low carb eating style like under 100 grams a Day , I would worry if You maybe would need added insulin , initially most type 2 produces far too much insuline but the body Will just not react probably to it, but long term type2 can end up by consistently high blood glucose destroying their pancreas and thus ending up needing insulin added in their medications, but well doing low carb for some weeks to see if that helps first

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

@rhubarb73 -- Hope you'll be able to see the dentist quickly and feel better soon. Thinking of you.

Blood sugars were 5.2 after upping carbs a bit and reducing exercise yesterday in an attempt to reduce ketones. Doctor's appointment this afternoon to discuss my test results. Please, keep your fingers crossed that all results will be in range

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello. Sorry I’ve been a little quiet on here - after a busy weekend including a lot of activity in other social media environments helping the good Dr M spread his message I now have a tooth infection to deal with.
My numbers are therefore a bit meaningless right now and I’ve woken to a 7.5.
I don’t need hugs, just a dentist and then a dark room to lie down in.

Hugs for the toothache, have had more than my fair share, so can sympathize.
Just bringing up one point, on the off chance it relates to you. Ive had 3 years of pain/infections in the ear/nose/throat/dental area. All which I would put down to a yeast infection. Obviously high BG and yeast can go hand in hand. The mouthwash Corsodyl works on both yeast and bacteria, so might help. But the main thing is BG control. I realise its about a 1 in 50 chance this applies to you, but said I would mention it, in case it applied to others.
The other thing I have done in the past is swirl with whiskey, with mixed results. But sometimes it deadens the nerve, and gives a few hours relief.
Best of luck at the dentist.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Hugs for the toothache, have had more than my fair share, so can sympathize.
Just bringing up one point, on the off chance it relates to you. Ive had 3 years of pain/infections in the ear/nose/throat/dental area. All which I would put down to a yeast infection. Obviously high BG and yeast can go hand in hand. The mouthwash Corsodyl works on both yeast and bacteria, so might help. But the main thing is BG control. I realise its about a 1 in 50 chance this applies to you, but said I would mention it, in case it applied to others.
The other thing I have done in the past is swirl with whiskey, with mixed results. But sometimes it deadens the nerve, and gives a few hours relief.
Best of luck at the dentist.

Thanks - that is interesting. Does that feel or look different from regular toothache? Would I be able to tell the difference or would the dentist spot it?
Thanks for tip re Corsodyl.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good morning all.

@rhubarb73 -- Hope you'll be able to see the dentist quickly and feel better soon. Thinking of you.

Blood sugars were 5.2 after upping carbs a bit and reducing exercise yesterday in an attempt to reduce ketones. Doctor's appointment this afternoon to discuss my test results. Please, keep your fingers crossed that all results will be in range
Good luck

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks - that is interesting. Does that feel or look different from regular toothache? Would I be able to tell the difference or would the dentist spot it?
Thanks for tip re Corsodyl.

No difference.
Specifically, I had a tooth abscess, the tooth is healthy ( seen on Xray ), so an infection underneath. If I manage my BG strictly, usually by fasting, the pain level will drop, and things will return to normal. My dentist didnt have a clue, recommend a root canal. But the tooth is healthy (no decay ). So, for me it’s about managing the infection.
I am sure i am an outlier re yeast infections, as I have them on my body as well (feet chest etc). So more than likely, not related to your woe. So just mentioned it on the off chance.
If you have decay, then its an open and shut case.
If you have an infection, then antibiotics are the way forward.
If that doesnt work, yeast is a outside possibility.
Wish u good and quick resolution to the pain.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Some thirty years later I am still trying to come to terms with long division...as for fractions...my nightmare from school days.
Since the advent of smart phones I no longer have to wear my CASIO calculator watch...