What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Orson I have absolutely no sympathy for them at all...banks would not hesitate to charge us...that in my view needs to be reciprocal...I've had those messages before without any foundation for it...this morning they just peed me off...so it cost them & I hope all those other customers who received that text in error do likewise...that way they'll make sure it doesn't happen again.
absobloodylutley I agree but having the time and patience to do anything about it as you have is to be admired. You are a hero

Reactions: SaskiaKC

LornaFarrell

What did you eat to get that number @LornaFarrell ?:hungry:

The day started off fine, mid morning I had a small piece of cake but all accounted for. Then I had a hypo right as the business meeting I was at was ending. A meeting where I had my two year old and baby with me, 45 minutes drive from home and nowhere to really hang out. So I ate more cake. It pretty much went downhill from there. Pizza was involved. I did think I’d taken enough insulin for it though!

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
@Cumberland I assume that is a little low for you so hope taking appropriate action has raised it. @PenguinMum hope the hobbling clears up sooner rather than later. I have no problems avoiding starchy veg or ticking any number of boxes. @ziggy_w There is nothing I am craving I just know deep down this is not what wellness feels like. As I don't know anything better I will continue ticking boxes. Thanks for all the comments and support guys:) At least nothing bad is going on - just doesn't feel like wellness should #mysterygate

Yeah I knocked back some lucozade

Thanks Ian

Reactions: ianpspurs

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. It’s a 5.1 for me today. Very happy - finish up early at work today and off to Germany for a long weekend with warm sunshine predicted throughout.
I have fond memories of Germany Goonergal...have a great time.

Reactions: karen8967

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up early today determined to finish off the painting here...unless of course I get distracted...it would have to be something tempting like more coffee & a long gossip with a good friend...perhaps I'll give the painting some more thought while I switch the kettle back on...and just reach for that phone;)...woke to a 5.8.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.8 today

not the best nights sleep last night, never mind, a nice shower, breakfast and then out for a days volunteering :)

mr gee got his flu jab on Tuesday but it looks as if I will have to pay if I want one.

Apparently the search criteria used mean that I was not on the list. Perhaps it's because I'm considered to be 'in remission' although the person checking said she would 'let me know' (whatever that means).

Thankfully I was included in the yearly eye checks and pleasingly the results letter arrived yesterday saying no changes :happy:

Hope your day treats you well :)

Last edited: