What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 Monday
5.5 Tuesday
6.4 today!

It's been a challenging few days food wise. Celebrations for my daughter's 30th birthday. I have been good until last night. Family meal out. And I came up against this tempting little monkey! I gave in and had a piece. Left nothing on the plate! Disappeared like magic!

Have a great day everyone.

Congratulations I would have been tempted too if I were there

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning
@Goonergal enjoy your break up from work day!
@Bubbsie sure you’ll make the right decision- friends always come first and second is coffee of course!
@Emma_369 hope your cough improves soon at least your bgs are behaving
@HarrisonK why is diabetes so illogical and erratic I’m with you on that one you never know what the missing variable is
@Debandez that looked an amazing birthday cake hope bgs recovered now!
@geefull hope your flu vaccine gets sorted I seem to still be on the list despite my last two low hbaca1s but they are short of vaccines so booked for a week today
Have a good day all I’m off to Pilates after coffee

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Windy and dull start here but prospects look good for later. 5.5 may or may not be my fbg today - I'm on the border (or bg decided to take it to the limit) For those members wondering about unusual patterns in bg/weight etc relax, it happens. Last few weeks my weight has decided to fluctuate by about 1.5 kgs (between bmi of 21,9 and 22.3) and fbg floats by up to .9. Daily average is much tighter range and nearly always lower than fbg. So, don't fixate on the fbg - @DJC3 :angelic:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Windy and dull start here but prospect look good for later. 5.5 may or may not be my fbg today - I'm on the border (or bg decided to take it to the limit) For those members wondering about unusual patterns in bg/weight etc relax, it happens. Last few weeks my weight has decided to fluctuate by about 1.5 kgs (between bmi of 21,9 and 22.3) and fbg floats by up to .9. Daily average is much tighter range and nearly always lower than. So, don't fixate on the fbg - @DJC3 :angelic:
Brilliant advice @ianpspurs