What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks everyone. I hope tomorrow is better. The nurse will be talking to my sister shortly and I have a call into the doctor who will get back to me on Thurs. My sister didn't have to field calls from my mom where my mom was crying because the pain was so bad (she was out of the country). With the level of pain my mom was experiencing, she wasn't going to meals, she wasn't sleeping (very bad for her Alzheimer's) , she wasn't leaving her room, she wasn't going to exercise class or doing any activities. We are between a rock a hard place with all my mom's issues - Alzheimer's, chronic pain and irritable bowel syndrome. I know my sister wants what's best for my mom but she is trivializing the amount of pain 5 spinal fractures can cause. It's hard watching my mom decline and her Alzheimer's progress but letting her suffer in pain isn't going to make her Alzheimer's any better.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I start my week with a 6.3.
I've decided that having lost a stack of weight and got my Hba1c down, and got back running again properly I need a new point of focus for a while.
So my new objectives between now and Christmas are improving my sleep and my core strength.
Sleep will require a bit of discipline. Core strength - I'm open to recommendations on what has worked for others. I'm not looking to body - build, just strengthen up a bit. Maybe try some yoga or pilates?

Riding lessons can help with core strength. Especially dressage. Very pricey, though. Which is why I'm not doing it now. :)

But it can also help with sleep -- provided you're not awake worrying about how to pay for it!

Reactions: Cumberland

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Haven’t posted during my few days away and not caught up with this thread yet. A higher than usual 5.5 for me this morning - higher all the time while away probably due to quantity of food as not eaten anything high carb. Hope everyone has a good day.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all. Haven’t posted during my few days away and not caught up with this thread yet. A higher than usual 5.5 for me this morning - higher all the time while away probably due to quantity of food as not eaten anything high carb. Hope everyone has a good day.
Hope you had a lovely time goonergal

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Riding lessons can help with core strength. Especially dressage. Very pricey, though. Which is why I'm not doing it now. :)

But it can also help with sleep -- provided you're not awake worrying about how to pay for it!
I used to ride a lot. It did help. Sort of drifted away from it. Would struggle to find the time on a regular basis now. Good idea though thanks.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. I would be trying to put lipstick on a pig if I pretended 3rd rainy start and 5.3 gave me any joy BUT neither will kill me. What can't be cured must be endured. Ignore me or rant away all those facing real problems - either personal or family - but I never found lying very helpful.
@Jodie Louise is that hug or winner time?