What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did that last night I usually read for a few hours at bed time but ‘ just another chapter’ ends up being a lot more chapters and I fall asleep eventually last night I fell asleep around midnight , I woke up at 6:30 feeling great with good blood readings too.. it’s a miracle.. I’m a medical marvel, go to sleep earliar, wake up not tired and bloods ok.. I bet this could catch on.. if only others knew about it

Now we do, thanks to you! :D

6.4 Monday morning. I didn't test over the weekend because I'm down to 7 strips to last 'til my A1C a week from this coming Wednesday.

I asked for 100 strips instead of my usual 50-a-month back in August, when my A1C was scheduled for September. Then I learned that my doctor would be away until mid-October but I forgot to request more strips to last me the extra month. Medicare gave me enough to test only twice a day despite my request for enough strips to test both before and after meals. Guess Medicare doesn't believe in preventive health. The pharmacist said testing before and after is only for people on insulin. Funny, that's not what I've learned from other people who actually have diabetes, whether they take insulin or not.

Oh, well, I tried to lay off the carbs this weekend although I wanted to test after the Atkins chili and low-carb protein bars.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0. I was worried it would be higher because I overslept, late for my eye doctor appointment and took my level the eye doctor's washroom after driving there. Apparently ,my retinas are fine (along with my eye pressure - why I saw here originally) and I'm going to be seeing her more often due to the diabetes diagnosis.

I'm going to try the Headspace app again.

It's super stressful lately. My sister and I are disagreeing on a med increase my mom with Alzheimer's got recently. (My mom has multiple back fractures 5+ from osteoporous and is in constant pain from them. She also has irritable bowel syndrome which reduces her options for meds). We had a war of texts this morning about this when I was at the eye doctor. Hopefully my mom's doctor will speak to my sister and get her to see reason (pain and lack of sleep from pain worsens Alzheimer's.) I told her that my conscience would not permit me to see our mom in the level of pain she was in. We both have power of attorney but I'm the medical contact as my sister frequently vacations outside of the country.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0. I was worried it would be higher because I overslept, late for my eye doctor appointment and took my level the eye doctor's washroom after driving there. Apparently ,my retinas are fine (along with my eye pressure - why I saw here originally) and I'm going to be seeing her more often due to the diabetes diagnosis.

It's super stressful lately. My sister and I are disagreeing on a med increase my mom with Alzheimer's got recently. (My mom has multiple back fractures 5+ from osteoporous and is in constant pain from them. She also has irritable bowel syndrome which reduces her options for meds). We had a war of texts this morning about this when I was at the eye doctor. Hopefully my mom's doctor will speak to my sister and get her to see reason (pain and lack of sleep from pain worsens Alzheimer's.) I told her that my conscience would not permit me to see our mom in the level of pain she was in. We both have power of attorney but I'm the medical contact as my sister frequently vacations outside of the country.
Very tough and very emotional situation for you. Do look after yourself you’re obviously doing an amazing caring job during a very difficult and distressing time. Be kind to you too - you’re working hard at your bg control, amazing especially during a stressful time. As a carer myself I find meditation a lifeline - worth trying again it’s one of those things you have to keep making time for and do a few mins every day until it becomes a bit like brushing your teeth - you do it whatever.

Reactions: Chronicle_Cat

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning, had two slices of toast gave myself 10 units humalog, hour or so later 17.4 BG so have myself another 8 units plus 2 mugs of tea with a little milk, any ideas why?

5.8 would be good to me but even one slice of toast in the morning would spike my BG. Sometimes I've found that eating bread later in the day or evening doesn't spike my BG as much as in the morning, but sometimes it does. I've heard that for some people the time of day makes the difference but I haven't found that to be consistently so for me, so I just quit eating bread altogether. :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Sending hugs x

Reactions: Cumberland