What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good morning all,

3.9 this morning. I'm a diet only Type 2 and this is due to fasting , I finished my fast after seeing this number.

Got some good news on the scale.
I lost 3.6 lbs (1.63 kg) this week.
Starting weight was 273.59 lbs (124.10),
I'm now 215.0 lbs (97.52 kig)
total loss so far: 58.59 lbs (26.58 kg) 4 stone, 2.59

This is the lowest weight I've been in many years (almost 30 years)
Well done

Reactions: Chronicle_Cat

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

3.9 this morning. I'm a diet only Type 2 and this is due to fasting , I finished my fast after seeing this number.

Well done really excellent work you must be thrilled with your weight and bg results

Reactions: Chronicle_Cat

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m reducing basal and bolus
Isn’t it a nightmare Karen
It is cumbs ive lowered basal not bolus im quite low now at 3.9 but im just about to have tea but have had a fair few hypos last couple of days never ate so many biscuits and jelly babies i wouldnt mind but at silly oclock of a morning they just dont taste the same the headaches are what are doing my head in and a constant feeling of hunger hopefully it will sort its self out an soon xx

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
It is cumbs ive lowered basal not bolus im quite low now at 3.9 but im just about to have tea but have had a fair few hypos last couple of days never ate so many biscuits and jelly babies i wouldnt mind but at silly oclock of a morning they just dont taste the same the headaches are what are doing my head in and a constant feeling of hunger hopefully it will sort its self out an soon xx

Know exactly how you feel although I’m not hungry

I just feel like a Zombie (some would say look like one too)

Yes I hope for both our sakes that we see some stability

Reactions: karen8967

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Chronicle_Cat really good weight loss and fbg. How long was your fast?

My fast was 36 hours (1 1/2 days). I seem to get the best results if I fast through dinner although I don't do it often as I like to eat dinner with my husband. Usually I do the 16/8 (last meal at dinner, not eating till noon the next day.) I definitely get better numbers and weight loss if I don't snack, especially not the evening snack (I'm fortunate not to have dawn phenomena.)

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hope you are ok

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just checking in. @karen8967 and @Cumberland those hypos must be so wearing. You and others seem to be in a season of hypos and I really hope it comes to an end. Is it usually like this at this time of year or does it have nothing to do with that?
@Chronicle_Cat great result...I bow to your commitment.
It is what it is penguinmum just need to get ratios right but i wasnt like this last year

Reactions: Cumberland

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My fast was 36 hours (1 1/2 days). I seem to get the best results if I fast through dinner although I don't do it often as I like to eat dinner with my husband. Usually I do the 16/8 (last meal at dinner, not eating till noon the next day.) I definitely get better numbers and weight loss if I don't snack, especially not the evening snack (I'm fortunate not to have dawn phenomena.)

I find fasting hard, but agree with you about snacking, especially in the evening- that’s when temptation is worst though, so double well done to you.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Just checking in. @karen8967 and @Cumberland those hypos must be so wearing. You and others seem to be in a season of hypos and I really hope it comes to an end. Is it usually like this at this time of year or does it have nothing to do with that?
@Chronicle_Cat great result...I bow to your commitment.

Historically I’ve always been high to stupid high

I know both hyper and hypo are pretty bad but hypo is just plain evil

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all,

Well done CC that's a great achievement.