What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi i am new to this. my BG after 2 hour having mixed veg this evening is 11.2. Today morning before breakfast 9.3 and after breakfast and mid morning it is 8.3 i dont know how to contorl this

Hi Tom and welcome, stick with it mate, you are in the right place the people on here are friendly and very clued up on our condition, I was diagnosed early April with type 2 diabetes and with the help and guidance from the good folks on here I feel pretty much in control and a lot healthier.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all you fine citizens of DCUKville. 5.4 appears to be today's Plat du Jour cooked up by the meter. Wouldn't chose to dine on that regularly but chefs have off days. Slightly vexed as I made an effort to find this venue and reviewers recommended it - not for me this one.
Edit: Fitbit picked up/showed a fair old spike in resting heart rate so trouble in paradise may be affecting bg levels. Maybe I should try dining here again after all.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hi i am new to this. my BG after 2 hour having mixed veg this evening is 11.2. Today morning before breakfast 9.3 and after breakfast and mid morning it is 8.3 i dont know how to contorl this
Hi Tom. A clue to your confusion lies in the words I am new to all this. I am guessing you had no idea what your bg levels were until you started testing. What you have established is a set of benchmarks achieved at the start of a long journey. Look back on them in 6 months time after testing, posting, reading and learning and everything will be much clearer.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Tom and a very warm welcome to you. You have come to the right place. Firstly i will tag in @daisy1 who will send you some very useful info. Have a read. It will get you off to a good start. I think most of us felt like you at the beginning of our journey. Your blood sugars will be under control in no time and you will start to feel so much better. If you have questions no matter how trivial you feel they are please just ask. There is someone on here who will give you the answer and usually very quickly.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all prickers and non-prickers alike.
Madam BG raised her head with 4.1. That's very good and resisted the temptation to do a little dance........... but I'm never satisfied and am worrying about having a hypo now.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all prickers and non-prickers alike.
Madam BG raised her head with 4.1. That's very good and resisted the temptation to do a little dance........... but I'm never satisfied and am worrying about having a hypo now.
Read ALL of your signature young lady:angelic: I need to temper that slightly as the whole thing is far more mission critical to you as a type 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: SueJB

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Read ALL of your signature young lady:angelic: I need to temper that slightly as the whole thing is far more mission critical to you as a type 1.
My favourite hypo treatment while I'm out and about are fruit pastilles @ianpspurs . I always carry a little tub of them even if I'm just walking to the shop. 2 will treat a hypo nicely but not my greed. I used to carry a packet of dextrose tablets but I kept having to throw them away because the wrapping became worn and broke.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My favourite hypo treatment while I'm out and about are fruit pastilles @ianpspurs . I always carry a little tub of them even if I'm just walking to the shop. 2 will treat a hypo nicely but not my greed. I used to carry a packet of dextrose tablets but I kept having to throw them away because the wrapping became worn and broke.
I loved those as a boy - you just brought back memories of the boxes I only remember for Christmas. The black ones were best

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Six is the minimum number of buttons humanly possible to eat @Bubbsie you should be proud of your heroic restraint, full bag for me everytime.
hi tom. I've just seen your post and havent scrolled down to see the response. but well done for finding this place. It really helps - well thats what I found

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. 5.6 start for me. Last night I booked up for the restaurant that Jay Rayner recommended in Liverpool over the week -end . - I've only once before been to a Michelin starred restaurant. Portions were truly tiny but every mouthful was memorable. So something to look forward to in December.... Hey have a good day all.