What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 and thrilled. Since I've had my latest hba1c results this week ive done a couple of tests and last night was one of them. I usually have a kebab no pitta bread on a Saturday but there is always such a long queue as very popular I decided to cook. Time was of the essence as putting up lots of Xmas decs. Never been up in November before but when you can't wait because you have an adorable 2 year old grandaughter needs must. So i made spaghetti with a stilton, cream, white wine, mushroom, ham and garlic sauce. My first taste of pasta in what seems an eternity. I hadn't done anything special with the pasta to reduce carb impact ie cook and freeze. I didn't over do my portion size but it filled the bottom of my bowl. And here are the results. I tested many times as it was an experiment.

7 pm = 6.0
9pm = 6.8
9.30pm = 5.9
10pm = 6.5
10.30pm = 7
11pm = 6.6

I was delighted with the readings. And I savoured every mouthful of my dinner. It really was delicious. I did feel a little apprehensive during the experiment but the large glass of red wine I found settled any nerves. ;) prior to being diagnosed I would be enjoying copious amounts if Bailey's with ice on such an occasion but you can't win em all!!!

The decs look amazing. I always get a warm toastie feeling when the tree is finished. It's beautiful. Hubby does it and he has a flair.

Hope everyone gets good fbs readings today. Have a good day whatever you are doing.

Attachments

• 20181124_230759_resized.jpg
    20181124_230759_resized.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 136

Geoffno6

6.2 and thrilled. Since I've had my latest hba1c results this week ive done a couple of tests and last night was one of them. I usually have a kebab no pitta bread on a Saturday but there is always such a long queue as very popular I decided to cook. Time was of the essence as putting up lots of Xmas decs. Never been up in November before but when you can't wait because you have an adorable 2 year old grandaughter needs must. So i made spaghetti with a stilton, cream, white wine, mushroom, ham and garlic sauce. My first taste of pasta in what seems an eternity. I hadn't done anything special with the pasta to reduce carb impact ie cook and freeze. I didn't over do my portion size but it filled the bottom of my bowl. And here are the results. I tested many times as it was an experiment.

7 pm = 6.0
9pm = 6.8
9.30pm = 5.9
10pm = 6.5
10.30pm = 7
11pm = 6.6

I was delighted with the readings. And I savoured every mouthful of my dinner. It really was delicious. I did feel a little apprehensive during the experiment but the large glass of red wine I found settled any nerves. ;) prior to being diagnosed I would be enjoying copious amounts if Bailey's with ice on such an occasion but you can't win em all!!!

The decs look amazing. I always get a warm toastie feeling when the tree is finished. It's beautiful. Hubby does it and he has a flair.

Hope everyone gets good fbs readings today. Have a good day whatever you are doing.

That’s good news, maybe your body has decided to stop giving you a hard time, or your liver was busy with the wine, either way it’s good

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

7 pm = 6.0
9pm = 6.8
9.30pm = 5.9
10pm = 6.5
10.30pm = 7
11pm = 6.6

Tree looks beautiful Deb. I feel you’ve now given me permission to get all Christmassy!
Out tree will look nothing like that as my granddaughters, being a little older than yours ( 6 and 8) insist on decorating mine themselves. Result is a tree that is 3/4 bare and has all the decs on about 2 lower branches that they can reach. Wouldn’t have it any other way though.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 for me as well @ianpspurs
I’m up way before I want to be this morning, nursing a cuppa now. 1st rude awakening was dog being sick on the carpet. Just dozed off after that palaver when granddaughter fell out of bed.
Given up on sleep now.
I needed to check on the beef which had been cooking on 60 overnight ready for Sunday lunch. The smell was a constant source of teasing for the dogs. 1 granddaughter was awake and there was cricket to watch. If we can find the space we will get the 2 oldest to decorate the tree and put out the Christmas train sets etc.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I needed to check on the beef which had been cooking on 60 overnight ready for Sunday lunch. The smell was a constant source of teasing for the dogs. 1 granddaughter was awake and there was cricket to watch. If we can find the space we will get the 2 oldest to decorate the tree and put out the Christmas train sets etc.

Wasn’t brisket was it?

Reactions: Cumberland

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Bubbsie they say misery loves company so maybe mischievousness loves company too. I was given a packet of sugar-free chocolate cookies last night, serving size 1 cookie (12g carbs). I ate 3 last night and put 2 in the freezer.
So of course this morning I got those 2 back out and dunked them in my morning coffee.
I'm glad I'm not the only one enjoying forbidden foods this weekend! :D

I did test after the cookies last night. 6 before, 7.2 after. The rest of the cookies went out in the garbage last night.
Saskia that made me laugh...exactly how I was a couple of nights ago...occasionally it won't do any damage.;)

Reactions: Cumberland

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.1 for me at 0745. We had lunch out yesterday so just had a spinach omlette in the evening and a couple of g&ts. With two consecutive low 5s I am hoping this is the new trend. I love all the Christmasy prep going on. Will have to do our tree next weekend.
Have a good Sunday everyone. Stay well, safe and hypo free.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Think the 5.2 at around 3.40 could have been accurate but seems very high for 2 days with probably 40 gms carbs combined. Probably less than 11 hr sleep combined so that may be a factor. Seem to be fighting through a time of big doubts about LC and unusual readings. I want to come out the other side positive and helpful.
Do you eat a lot of protein? I find it raises my blood glucose later on.