What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all. 7.4 on this bright, sunny Saturday. After a long run of eating sensibly and still getting fbs in the 7+ range I sinned yesterday and ate a freshly cooked pork bap with sage/ onion stuffing for lunch, ( delicious!), 3x Staffordshire oatcakes with cheese and ham for evening meal and- wait for it- a packet of crisps for supper! :angelic: It made no difference to this mornings test. In fact it was slightly lower than my last test of 7.9! It's a mystery! :rolleyes:Have a good week-end everyone.:)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning :)

6.7 today pretty happy

My daughters 18th birthday party tonight so I am going to have to order a truck load of pizzas, no chance of me eating pizza as nothing else on planet earth messes up my bg more but will have to smell it :eek: I wonder what effect licking the inside of the box once rhe pizza has gone would have? Lol

Have a great Saturday guys :)
You could always give it a try, Fenn and let us know. :D LOL. Enjoy the party. :)

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. 5.2

Although I think it may raise it slightly, I always get up, wash my hands with soap and warm water and take my morning fasting reading in the bathroom (as any other readings). I find I need to run my hands under hot water to get enough blood for a reading (thick skin on finger tips? My lancet is set at 5, maximum setting.)

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
6.5 this morning.
up and in kitchen.

naughty last night..egg AND bacon...and a (x2)guinness

out of curiosity....does the bedside offer any real benefit ??

Nothing wrong with bacon or eggs but (x2)guinness about 38 gm of carb.

As to if the bedside offers any real benefit I suppose it depends some people find once out of bed and moving BG goes up I'm just lazy.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m always up, washed, weighed, downstairs then test. If I took my meter to bed i know I’d forget to take it to work in the madness of my every morning rush. As it’s the same routine every day I’m fine with whatever my reading is at this point being my fbg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Bubbsie they say misery loves company so maybe mischievousness loves company too. I was given a packet of sugar-free chocolate cookies last night, serving size 1 cookie (12g carbs). I ate 3 last night and put 2 in the freezer.
So of course this morning I got those 2 back out and dunked them in my morning coffee.
I'm glad I'm not the only one enjoying forbidden foods this weekend! :D

I did test after the cookies last night. 6 before, 7.2 after. The rest of the cookies went out in the garbage last night.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning :)

6.7 today pretty happy

My daughters 18th birthday party tonight so I am going to have to order a truck load of pizzas, no chance of me eating pizza as nothing else on planet earth messes up my bg more but will have to smell it :eek: I wonder what effect licking the inside of the box once rhe pizza has gone would have? Lol

Have a great Saturday guys :)

It might put a bit of tomato sauce on the tip of your nose ... :D

Reactions: HarryBeau