What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This thread is now up to page 2001. A space odyssey
My own journey into the unknown brings me a 5.9 this morning.
My 7 day average is better than my 14 day average, which is better than my 30 day average, which is better than my 90 day average...heading in the right direction despite the occasional reason to sulk.
My running times are improving as well - ran 10k last night quicker than I have for 7 years.
I'm a happy goldfish today.

You deserve to be! Yay! Run run rhubarb! :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @jjraak. Think it is much more (mis) interpretation of medical science/science in general that is usually proved wrong. Also re hugging loved ones, that is not the problem. It is the loving the ones you are with that is the fly in the ointment.:)

Talking of flies ... in one of my favorite books the girl is singing, "If I can't be near the horse I love, I'll love the horse I'm near."

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 this morning. A lovely thick fog outside that I am glad I don't have to drive through. 9 degrees now, 13 degrees predicted for the high today, the first day I'm trying to really eat to my other meter (the cholesterol one waiting at my doc's office). Tuna fish is just OK for breakfast. I would rather be having kippers on a beach somewhere. :)

Are you going to be getting a front bringing bad weather that's coming through?

They are predicting our first major snowstorm (5-10 cm, about 2-4 inches, we usually get lesser), haven't had any big snowstorms yet this year. Some places will get 25 cm - 9 3/4". Upstate New York always gets it worse than Toronto. (That's because the winds come across Lake Ontario, pick up moisture and therefore dump more on them.) It is 2 celsius (28F) outside here right now which is a warmer than it's been (-6 celsius). We got a light snow this morning, just enough to scrape it off with a shovel. One report says we are headed for the deep freeze, -27 celsius (-16F) with windchill, I hope they are wrong.

(Metric came in when I was in grade 7 so I can think it both for some things like weather).

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 this morning. A lovely thick fog outside that I am glad I don't have to drive through. 9 degrees now, 13 degrees predicted for the high today, the first day I'm trying to really eat to my other meter (the cholesterol one waiting at my doc's office). Tuna fish is just OK for breakfast. I would rather be having kippers on a beach somewhere. :)
Bobs and Daisy would be very interested in that....they have tinned tuna for lunch everyday! Of course I wont be telling them that goes on in KittenCats house!

Reactions: Cumberland

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Chronicle_Cat we have rain and 62 degrees predicted for tomorrow, then back down into the 40s with sunshine for first of next week, going back up into the 50s and rain on Wednesday. Some people say that's why we get colds, etc., down here, all the temps going up and down through the winter, but the older I get the more I prefer that to what my friend in Michigan gets. I do love snow, though, especially now that I've retired and don't have to get out in it except to play a bit. But the older I get the more I worry about falling too. :(

Part of me wishes we had gone metric with the rest of the world. I really prefer the system I was brought up on, though -- but it would be so handy to know metric when I am on international BBs. I have gotten so good at thinking in mmols for my FBG that I was telling my doctor last week that when I wake up to a 6 or 7 I am more disappointed than when I wake to a 120-something.

When I started doing dressage I learned to think in meters (the way the arena and circles are measured) until even now I can picture 60 meters in my head, and I grew up with 50m pools instead of pools measured in yards. But I am still glad to note that even in England they still measure horse race distances in furlongs and miles. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bobs and Daisy would be very interested in that....they have tinned tuna for lunch everyday! Of course I wont be telling them that goes on in KittenCats house!

LOL every time I think I am just opening a can of tuna (or a packet of people roast beef for myself, I hear the thump of paws hitting the floor and a hearty "MEow too!" ^. .^

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Chronicle_Cat we have rain and 62 degrees predicted for tomorrow, then back down into the 40s with sunshine for first of next week, going back up into the 50s and rain on Wednesday. Some people say that's why we get colds, etc., down here, all the temps going up and down through the winter, but the older I get the more I prefer that to what my friend in Michigan gets. I do love snow, though, especially now that I've retired and don't have to get out in it except to play a bit. But the older I get the more I worry about falling too. :(

Part of me wishes we had gone metric with the rest of the world. I really prefer the system I was brought up on, though -- but it would be so handy to know metric when I am on international BBs. I have gotten so good at thinking in mmols for my FBG that I was telling my doctor last week that when I wake up to a 6 or 7 I am more disappointed than when I wake to a 120-something.

When I started doing dressage I learned to think in meters (the way the arena and circles are measured) until even now I can picture 60 meters in my head, and I grew up with 50m pools instead of pools measured in yards. But I am still glad to note that even in England they still measure horse race distances in furlongs and miles. :)
We're going back to barleycorns, rods, perches, poles, chains etc from March 29th :angelic:

Last edited:

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
LOL every time I think I am just opening a can of tuna (or a packet of people roast beef for myself, I hear the thump of paws hitting the floor and a hearty "MEow too!" ^. .^

Me too. We give our 3 the water we drain from the tuna can. Here are mine:

Attachments

• 3kitties_no title.png
    3kitties_no title.png
    121.3 KB · Views: 127