What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
This thread is now up to page 2001. A space odyssey
My own journey into the unknown brings me a 5.9 this morning.
My 7 day average is better than my 14 day average, which is better than my 30 day average, which is better than my 90 day average...heading in the right direction despite the occasional reason to sulk.
My running times are improving as well - ran 10k last night quicker than I have for 7 years.
I'm a happy goldfish today.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
late night snack...a naughty ryvita...(ok..TWO..happy ..jeez :rolleyes: )
left its mark in a conference league 6.4...but that's ok
it has a reason, and it WAS my own fault.

nice scores around the hood for many..

Hugs to @AngiH ..hope the day goes as well as can be expected, sounds like you'll be giving her a good send off.
Agreeing with @ianpspurs & @shelley262 .. @PenguinMum ..be good to get that test back, and it does give a reason for the poor scores lately.
Prayers that it's easily sorted and your back up playing in the Premier league league again.
Loving that news @Charis1213 ..sleep really is under rated ..until you ain't getting any
and warm hugs to @SB.25 , look to be having a had time of things lately, best wishes it improves

Love the efforts you put into the dag care, @johnpol ,,(cone of shame..:hilarious: )

best wishes to @shelley262 for the birthday, cake sound lovely.nom,nom,nom
joy for @DJC3 , with the cafe back on the go..:D

and @ianpspurs , like mark twain, reports of your demise have been exaggerated...
est score..IANP UTD 1 v 0 MEDICAL SCIENCE ROVERS -latest score..IANP UTD 1 v 0 MEDICAL SCIENCE ROVERS- l

Thank you @JohnEGreen and @HarrisonK for my new words today.
CARBoniferous..and CARBaholic...both just have such a wonderful quality about them, shall enjoy dropping them into a conversation somewhere..:D

If the rumours about this asteroid are true :wideyed:, today could be one of our last, so enjoy and hug the ones you love.

Ok, ok..i LIED about the asteroid, but you should hug em anyways, right ..;)

Last edited:

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 this morning better I couldnt bear those 7s. I have had water works problems this week and have pain over my right kidney so I suppose its possible that affected my levels.
@ianpspurs sorry to hear about your injury hope it gets better and you dont push yourself too much. Mrs P and Mrs Andy Murray both putting their husbands socks on in the morning!
@johnpol hope you and Fosie dog have a better day.
@Charis1213 good the knee let you get a proper sleep.
@DJC3 glad the coffee supply is reinstated.
@Bubbsie agree and its not going away anytime soon. My OH says it is costing his company a fortune to prepare for no Brexit and stockpile product and yet it may all be in vain if it doesnt happen. In these circumstances not every business will survive.
Yes thank goodness, I too like being in the 6's makes me happy . I was expecting my testing strips to come today but they haven't so it will be tomorrow. I have one left I'll use it tomorrow morning . It's such a shame we can't get them on the NHS we need to test well I know i do it keeps me on track x

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs , like mark twain, reports of your demise have been exaggerated...
est score..IANP UTD 1 v 0 MEDICAL SCIENCE ROVERS -latest score..IANP UTD 1 v 0 MEDICAL SCIENCE ROVERS- l
If the rumours about this asteroid are true :wideyed:, today could be one of our last, so enjoy and hug the ones you love.
Ok, ok..i LIED about the asteroid, but you should hug em anyways, right ..;)
Thanks @jjraak. Think it is much more (mis) interpretation of medical science/science in general that is usually proved wrong. Also re hugging loved ones, that is not the problem. It is the loving the ones you are with that is the fly in the ointment.:)

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone, a 6.1 for me today. Have been up icing a batch of vanilla and chocolate cupcakes for Hubbys Nans burial (after do). Sadly they are not low carb so will only be looking and not tasting haha....
Great you are able to make those cakes for others while not long diagnosed yourself. I am sure your husbands family will be very appreciative on this sad occasion.

Reactions: HarryBeau and AngiH

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.7 this morning. A lovely thick fog outside that I am glad I don't have to drive through. 9 degrees now, 13 degrees predicted for the high today, the first day I'm trying to really eat to my other meter (the cholesterol one waiting at my doc's office). Tuna fish is just OK for breakfast. I would rather be having kippers on a beach somewhere. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@dunelm have a good, safe trip. I wish you were going to "my" Birmingham, I would beg a lift, especially if you were going on one of the bikes. I used to spend a lot of time traveling there to see family.

@JohnEGreen thanks for the info about Gregg.

@geefull Happy Birthday to your mum.

Fossie-dog, tell @johnpol that you are a very nobledog wearing your Elizabethan collar and that you are thinking of howling madrigals to the moon.

Jenny3108

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
I was 9.9 this morning