What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
BANG ON, @Bubbsie

We NEED an ERIN BROKOVICH

I nominate YOU...:watching:
The 'politics' of diabetes are difficult jjraak...I am a member of another forum a charitable one where sadly I didn't find much charity for T2's. ( I choose not to post there now)..a hint...I have read the article you mentioned and every word strikes a cord with me...I found the same attitude there towards T2' as it mentions on the issue of the DESMOND courses...so I do my bit...have helped others do similar...will still help others...however until there is a major shift in the NHS approach to type 2 diabetics and T2 diabetes we have to fight this condition as individuals...offer what support we can where it is needed & asked for.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The 'politics' of diabetes are difficult jjraak..
We have to fight this condition as individuals...
offer what support we can where it is needed & asked for.

@Bubbsie , thank you for the reply, and I fully respect your choices.

(Just do be aware, you will forever be "Bubbsie Brockovich" in my mind when I read your posts..;) )

Reactions: Cumberland

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all
4.9 bg - stuck to just lc birthday cake at party and clearly worked better than nibbles!
Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday- stay warm
@DJC3 sorry to hear about your aching muscles hope they improve over the day - annoying too for you when you’ve worked so hard to not get results expecting. Hugs x

I don’t mind aching muscles really, means I’ve actually done something energetic, plus it gives me a good excuse for a long soak in a bath full of bubbles.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. Very late posting tonight.

Fasting blood sugars were 4.6 this morning.

@AngiH -- Congrats on your fbg in the 5s. Feels great doesn't it.
@geefull and @Chronicle_Cat -- Hope you can somehow still escape catching a full-blown cold. Hugs and take care of yourselfs.
@DJC3 -- Sorry to read about the sore muscles. Enjoy your bubble bath and hope it helps you get a good night's sleep.
@Ziggy2017 -- Hope you feel better soon.
@philchap1 -- Hugs for the hypo. Keeping my fingers crossed for better blood sugars tomorrow.

Last edited:

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
5.6 this morning. I'm not feeling the best, husband has been fighting a cold for several days now and has been sleeping in the guest room. I haven't been sick since I was diagnosed 6 months ago and I hope this isn't the case.

It is snowing here - they are now saying we'll get about 10 cm about 4 inches locally.
Hope you are ok

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...an interrupted nights sleep possibly a guilty conscience...we hit the town last night (metaphorically speaking we were actually in the sitting room)...don't do this at home folks but we sampled the Cotswold Gin I was given at Christmas...ate smarties & crisps...that heady combination gave me a 5.0 this morning...sheer luck or what?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...an interrupted nights sleep possibly a guilty conscience...we hit the town last night (metaphorically speaking we were actually in the sitting room)...don't do this at home folks but we sampled the Cotswold Gin I was given at Christmas...ate smarties & crisps...that heady combination gave me a 5.0 this morning...sheer luck or what?

Ooh I love an artisan gin. Haven’t had Smarties for about 30years though. Do they still come in those cardboard tubes?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m going to plump for 6.0 this morning. Took 3 readings, 1st was 6.3 then 5.6 finally 6.0 so took that as an average.
Got up to put the coffee on now back in bed with the first cup of the day Feeling warm and happy. I love my new coffee machine.
Have a great day everyone

@Goonergal walking football sounds like a good way to keep warm.

M

Member496333

I’m going to plump for 6.0 this morning. Took 3 readings, 1st was 6.3 then 5.6 finally 6.0 so took that as an average.
Got up to put the coffee on now back in bed with the first cup of the day Feeling warm and happy. I love my new coffee machine.
Have a great day everyone

@Goonergal walking football sounds like a good way to keep warm.

Coffee is my only vice. I’d drink it all day long if I could. Double cream, sprinkles of organic cinnamon and cocoa powder on top. Yummy scrummy in my tummy.

BRB. Second cup inbound :hungry:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooh I love an artisan gin. Haven’t had Smarties for about 30years though. Do they still come in those cardboard tubes?
The gin was excellent DJC...but I was restrained I only had three;)...as for the smarties they now come in a 'paper' tube without the plastic button cap I remember from my youth...fortunately they tasted just the same...sweeties & gin now consigned back to the side lines...only three months until my next review:banghead:

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
7.9!

Somethings off here.

Not eaten in 12 hours, only ate 6 strawberries, three pork chops, load of broccoli, salad greens, cheddar and some mince and an egg yesterday..two cups of tea and a litre of water..

I was expecting much, much lower..

With hba1c on Tuesday I have that sinking feeling it’s going to be a disaster!

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 for me , better sleep too still knee pain but its getting easier. Going for a long walk in the woods today with hubby son daughter in law and 6 year old grandson , then swimming after my tea tonight , It's 1 c here on the coast but says a high of 5 and sunny , I love the sun so that will do me .
Happy Sunday all be blessed x