What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Its the clinical commissioning group...a committee usually made up of health care professionals who will set the budgets for our local GP surgeries & tell them how to spend them...they wield a great deal of power for a non-statutory body.
Thank you @Bubbsie - not very good at TLA’s or even FLA’s - I only understand LOL which I am lead to believe means “Little Old Lady” - Can’t figure out why so many people use it.

Reactions: HarryBeau

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning I'm doing a happy dance with a 5.5 1st one in the 5's for me since I started on 1st Jan.
Quite proud as so much temptation in my way yesterday with hubbys Nans wake, and I took 36 chocolate and vanilla cupcakes that I made...I just watched everyone enjoy the loveliness of all that sugar haha...I just ate 2 sausages and some peanuts in the whole day.
Happy Saturday to you all.
Wow, this is excellent- dance away!

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
5.3 at 0600. Taking son and family out for lunch today to celebrate his birthday. Must remember that carbs have a habit of sneaking into such things a sauces, dips, spreads and of course, chips.
Have a great day if you can.

Have a nice time @dunelm

Reactions: HarryBeau

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afteringnoon folks, late on parade again, life has a habit of getting in the way.

4.9 on the meter this morning and just now 13:07 a 3.9. For me and my concoction of pills this is low, now munching a nasty white bread sarnie.

Well folks Mrs J has my afternoon planned with no escape or room for manoeuvre. My pals chaos and mayhem have legged it again, little gits, and yes they are scared of Mrs J also

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A nice even 6 this Saturday morning, with today's fog even thicker than yesterday's. Very happy with the 6 as I had bread pudding at lunch yesterday (I just finished the last of it with my morning coffee). Now I am breakfasting on good nutritious almonds. I had 3 very nice dreams last night and I think I will go back to bed once I've done posting here and have taken my morning Metformin (already took Lisinopril and fluoxetine -- good grief, I am turning into a real LOL [Little Old Lady]).

Happy Weekend, everyone!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 yesterday
5.5 today (A little late as I forgot dashing to take hubby to work, I think it would or should have been higher as I had dinner at a friend's last night, it was a magnificent attempt at a low carb 4 course dinner, but all totalled up and 3 glasses of prosecco added I'm thinking I may have forgot slightly on purpose! Naked kebab night tonight. I get so excited, not at the naked bit, but at the kebab ;-) happy weekend everyone :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If testing enables T2's to monitor their BG levels...achieve reasonable control of their diabetes...delay/avoid complications then it is worth the investment...it's a small price to pay & since as T2's are regularly cited as the likely cause of the impending bankruptcy of the NHS...it makes economic sense to provide strips & a meter for those that will use them effectively.

BANG ON, @Bubbsie

We NEED an ERIN BROKOVICH

I nominate YOU...:watching:

Last edited:

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. I'm not feeling the best, husband has been fighting a cold for several days now and has been sleeping in the guest room. I haven't been sick since I was diagnosed 6 months ago and I hope this isn't the case.

It is snowing here - they are now saying we'll get about 10 cm about 4 inches locally.

BloodThirsty

Good Afteringnoon folks, late on parade again, life has a habit of getting in the way.

4.9 on the meter this morning and just now 13:07 a 3.9. For me and my concoction of pills this is low, now munching a nasty white bread sarnie.

Well folks Mrs J has my afternoon planned with no escape or room for manoeuvre. My pals chaos and mayhem have legged it again, little gits, and yes they are scared of Mrs J also
Either your missus doesn't read your posts or you are an incredibly brave fellow.

Little changes though and this is the inscription on the six 17th century Merryman Plates:

What is a Merry Man
Let him do what he can
To entertain his guests
with wine and merry jests
But when his wife do frown
All merriment goes down.

Reactions: Cumberland