What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all! 5.3 for me first thing, I am good with that, I did have few classes of the blessed juice las night, lots of green olives, 3 year old Davidstow Cheddar and an almost whole roasted chicken to my self! I am off to bash the badminton court now! You all have a good day!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who brave the tropical weather we are blessed wif in Reading.
A low 5.2 for me this morning on the meter.

Not long now till we can breakout the ice-skates and ski's, me's and my mates chaos and mayhem along wif the grandchildren are doing the tribal snow dance. Can't wait for the snowball fights and building snowmen ( other genders available ). Mrs J will make sure it will end in tears........mine.
Have a good one folks.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...an interrupted nights sleep possibly a guilty conscience...we hit the town last night (metaphorically speaking we were actually in the sitting room)...don't do this at home folks but we sampled the Cotswold Gin I was given at Christmas...ate smarties & crisps...that heady combination gave me a 5.0 this morning...sheer luck or what?
Ooh I loved the Cotswold gin when tried it sounds like a fun but naughty evening for you

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My favourite 5.0 this morning. Planned on cooking a roast dinner today for the father in law for lunch. But my darling husband came home last night saying he’s made plans for us to go out with friends for carvery at 4pm. I love love love a roast dinner but don’t think I can manage two within a few hours of each other. Is it acceptable to just feed FIL a sandwich for lunch :angelic:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 this morning which means I am back in the zone but could do better.
@Chronicle_Cat hope you dont get a bad cold and it passes quickly.
@Patrick66 hold tight and try not to fret. You could be coming down with something or just worrying too much.
@alf_Josiah dont forget to root out lots of gloves if you are going to be building snowmen. Get Mrs A_J to dry them/ knit more as you go.
@Bubbsie sounds like a lot of fun and a lucky escape!
Have a great Sunday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning - after a bit of a Sunday lie in its so cold so have gone back in the warm whilst our coffee is bubbling. Like you @DJC3 im addicted to my filter machine nothing like the smell of coffee for me. Talking of which should move soon as I’m out for a walk and coffee with friends in a bit!
Have a good Sunday all stay warm.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My favourite 5.0 this morning. Planned on cooking a roast dinner today for the father in law for lunch. But my darling husband came home last night saying he’s made plans for us to go out with friends for carvery at 4pm. I love love love a roast dinner but don’t think I can manage two within a few hours of each other. Is it acceptable to just feed FIL a sandwich for lunch :angelic:
Hi @Emma_369 in that situation I’d go fairly carnivore for the day and just mainly eat the meat I love roast joints and I’d swerve the veggies so not too full up and could enjoy both meals! Enjoy your day hope it goes well.

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, back up to a 10.5 this morning (perhaps the 9 yesterday was a fluke).

I did have an interesting experience last night... i went out to a comedy club and bar for a friends birthday. In one of the bars, I asked for a vodka and Diet Coke and was told that their standard is full fat and that the drink would be made with the full fat. I thought this was very odd given the sugar tax? My boyfriend then had to explain that I was diabetic and couldn’t have the full fat - the bar member then had to go get permission from a manager to give me Diet Coke with the vodka rather than the full fat. This all seemed a bit strange and I’ve never had this issue before .... It did make me feel like I was being difficult but was glad my boyfriend argued with the bar staff to get the right drink for me :).

Have a lovely Sunday everyone!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

it's just got above freezing here for the first time in three days, I can't believe I used to wear a coat so rarely when I was overweight, I find the cold so trying now :sorry: Never mind, at least it's easy to find a nice coat in my size now :happy:

Mum's visitors are going back home this morning so it will be just the three of us for dinner at mum's later today.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Morning all, back up to a 10.5 this morning (perhaps the 9 yesterday was a fluke).

I did have an interesting experience last night... i went out to a comedy club and bar for a friends birthday. In one of the bars, I asked for a vodka and Diet Coke and was told that their standard is full fat and that the drink would be made with the full fat. I thought this was very odd given the sugar tax? My boyfriend then had to explain that I was diabetic and couldn’t have the full fat - the bar member then had to go get permission from a manager to give me Diet Coke with the vodka rather than the full fat. This all seemed a bit strange and I’ve never had this issue before .... It did make me feel like I was being difficult but was glad my boyfriend argued with the bar staff to get the right drink for me :).

They've got to be joking.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I wonder if they usually serve a premixed can of vodka and coke like you see in the supermarket....I suppose it was lucky they told you in advance in any case! Not good enough though.

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
I wonder if they usually serve a premixed can of vodka and coke like you see in the supermarket....I suppose it was lucky they told you in advance in any case! Not good enough though.
It didn’t seem that way as they had the glass bottle of vodka and then the pump machine. The bar also said they only serve doubles and we had to get manager approval for singles..... it was lol very odd!